mtbr member
    Sep 2008

29" on the back?

I have a question. I have Sugar 3+ and over the weekend I pick up a tail to convert it into a 29, but at this time I only have the back tire, so here is my question. What would be the advantage having a 29" on the back and a 26" at front?

Harshing my mellow, man..
    Jun 2008
    well, i could see you wanting a 26" on the front and a 29" on the back because you need attention?
    seriously though, it would be like a 26" bike, but harder to get started, not to mention the geometry being all out of whack.

mtbr member
    You could take the springs out of your fork and compress it and see if you like the "new" geometry Can you say stinkbug?
    Bikes=Sanity

mtbr member
    Just use longer fork like 140-160 26er.

TNC
    noMAD man

Shame on you!

Quote Originally Posted by begeta50
    I have a question. I have Sugar 3+ and over the weekend I pick up a tail to convert it into a 29, but at this time I only have the back tire, so here is my question. What would be the advantage having a 29" on the back and a 26" at front?
    This is a family site, and we don't really need to know about how you pick up tail on the weekend. However, I would like to see a pic of the bike after you follow DC's advice on the 160mm fork. The advantange then would be a great laugh for all of us.

Seriously though begeta...this is just a bad idea all the way around.

mtbr member
    you shoulda gone the other way around - got a Sugar 293 and picked up a Sugar 3 rear end to mate with the 29er front end. Then you'd have a pretty nice 69er FS bike on your hands. The other way around - well that just doesn't make much sense.

Best,

Mark

mtbr member
    Endo?