• 10-29-2012
    francois
    2 Attachment(s)
    27.5 All Mountain Bike Shootout
    All Mountain Bike Shootout. We're waiting for all the bikes to arrive but we're riding and jumping these bikes now.
  • 10-29-2012
    Salespunk
    Which bikes are you testing?
  • 10-29-2012
    down2ride
    Looks like fun, if you need an extra testor send a couple bikes my way!
  • 10-29-2012
    r1Gel
    Quote:

Originally Posted by francois View Post
    All Mountain Bike Shootout. We're waiting for all the bikes to arrive but we're riding and jumping these bikes now.

Please tell me that the 2013 RM Altitude is on the list! :yesnod:
  • 10-29-2012
    francois
    Jamis, intense, norco in house.

Scott, Rocky Mountain, khs coming.

Turner is being redesigned and due in Dec.
  • 10-30-2012
    jayoutside
    and you are throwing the 650 blur TRc in there right? Be pretty cool to see how a conversion compares to a dedicated set-up.
  • 10-30-2012
    Raja
    Excellent! Very interested in your findings.
  • 10-30-2012
    ggilings
    Subbin. Excited to hear of the results!
  • 10-30-2012
    dwt
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jayoutside View Post
    and you are throwing the 650 blur TRc in there right? Be pretty cool to see how a conversion compares to a dedicated set-up.

I can see arguments either way as to whether this shoot out should be purpose built only or should include conversions. If the SC is allowed in, then StiHacka's Mojo HD for sure should be too given his enthusiastic reviews. Though I had thought Ibis was going to sell a purpose built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 10-30-2012
    StiHacka
    If I am not mistaken that is Pastajet in one of the pictures above. He is the best person to report how he likes them new bikes compared to his Mojo HD! :)
  • 10-30-2012
    etanc
    The bike classes are starting to blur...

Sorry for that.
  • 10-30-2012
    etanc
    The bike classes are starting to blur...

Sorry for that. Looking forward to the comparison.
  • 10-30-2012
    francois
    4 Attachment(s)
    My son normally rides a Blur TRc but he is loving the Norco Sight 650b. It is a very easy bike to ride well.

He is big for 12 yrs old. Size is medium. With this bike he has schooled his teacher. :)
  • 10-30-2012
    dwt
    Quote:

My son normally rides a Blur TRc but he is loving the Norco Sight 650b. It is a very easy bike to ride well.

He is big for 12 yrs old. Size is medium. With this bike he has schooled his teacher. :)

Strong kid, nice looking bike.

If he is schooling you now, he will put you in the hospital in 2 years :D.

It is a bittersweet thing in a man's life when the torch is passed to his son. Pride competing with sense of mortality
  • 10-30-2012
    francois
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dwt View Post
    Strong kid, nice looking bike.

If he is schooling you now, he will put you in the hospital in 2 years :D.

It is a bittersweet thing in a man's life when the torch is passed to his son. Pride competing with sense of mortality

Yep, we hit the crossroads three years ahead of schedule. He is out jumping me now and it all happened in the past two months. He discovered dropping posts too and he won't ride without one again.

Anyway, back on topic, he is dialed on this Norco both up and down and I don't think that's possible with a 29er.

Miguel testing the Norco Sight 650b | Facebook
  • 10-30-2012
    skidad
    Mojo HD 140 should be part of this as it's certified by Ibis now and sets a very high bar.

Ventana Zeus should be in there somehow someway

Ring up Knolly for a pre production 650 Endorphin and Banshee for the all new 650 Spitfire :D Ok, that might not be possible but they're both coming soon and I can wish :p

This should be good and Francois, make sure you ride these bikes in some serious rocks gardens as the new love for low BB = lots of pedal hit if you live in those conditions like New England. 13.3" BB on the Norco is disturbing IMO.
  • 10-30-2012
    Deerhill
    Please include some new tires in these tests... w/ good volume! (as they become available)
  • 10-30-2012
    slowrider
    SHould be interesting
    I tried the Tracer 275 and liked it much better than my tracer 29; I'd like to see it compared to the Foes F275 as well, I'm on the waiting list at Foes for a test ride when they build a demo bike. Very interested in the revised Burner as well.
  • 10-30-2012
    francois
    Quote:

Originally Posted by slowrider View Post
    I tried the Tracer 275 and liked it much better than my tracer 29; I'd like to see it compared to the Foes F275 as well, I'm on the waiting list at Foes for a test ride when they build a demo bike. Very interested in the revised Burner as well.

We're getting the Foes F275. And I have a Blur TRc 650b Conversion. I'm sure I can get a Mojo HD 650b.

For tires, I have all cool Schwalbe's now. Rocket Ron, Nobby Nic, Hans Dampf.
    Schwalbe 2013 Tires – Hans Dampf, Rocket Ron, Nobby Nic | Mountain Bike Review

fc
  • 10-31-2012
    Deerhill
    I'm liking my trailstars that's for sure, still need to try the Hans Dampf... and the new Wild Grip'r looks good
  • 10-31-2012
    slowrider
    Very cool
    Looking forward to the comparo, particularly the Tracer and Foes 275:D
    Quote:

We're getting the Foes F275. And I have a Blur TRc 650b Conversion. I'm sure I can get a Mojo HD 650b.

For tires, I have all cool Schwalbe's now. Rocket Ron, Nobby Nic, Hans Dampf.
    Schwalbe 2013 Tires Hans Dampf, Rocket Ron, Nobby Nic | Mountain Bike Review

fc

• 10-31-2012
    doismellbacon
    subscribing
  • 10-31-2012
    dwt
    Francois - maybe cross post shoot out in AM forum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 10-31-2012
    jabrabu
    Quote:

Originally Posted by doismellbacon View Post
    subscribing

me too
  • 10-31-2012
    Kstateskier
    sub'd!!