mtbr member
    Sep 2013

2014 Norco Sight 7.2

Well, I've had my new Norco Sight 7.2 for a week or so and am loving it.

It's my first FS ride which is taking some getting used to and it did seem a wee bit bigger than my HT 26er in the tighter twists for the first hour or so.

The saddle that comes with it (Norco saddle) is AWFUL. Have resorted to replacing it with a 15 year old serfas from my HT until I can get something else. It is very flat with sharp-ish edges....uncomfortable would be an understatement...

Looking forward to many rides over the Christmas break

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Geeman
    I have a 2014 Sight carbon 7.1 and I'm loving it as well - bloody good things indeed
    As for the saddle - funny you should say that its awful, I was just thinking today how good it felt [seriously]
    Which is why I would never attempt to recommend a saddle to any one, every body's bum is unique.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Hey there,

I think the carbon sight is supposed to come with the WTB Volt saddle - did yours? They also come on the Range and have a very good reputation.
    The in house Norco saddle feels more like a flat blade, especially on the narrow part which cuts right into the side of my thighs.
    Other than the saddle am very, very happy with the bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Geeman
    The bike I have is a preproduction model used as a demo.
    If you have a look here:
    Flow’s First Bite: Norco Sight Carbon 7.1 | Flow Mountain Bike
    It is in fact the exact same bike used in this feature, being preproduction it was fitted with a couple of different things from the production version such as the tyres and I think the saddle.
    The saddle currently on it is a colour coded Norco branded saddle, it may well be a rebadged WTB but you cant tell.

mtbr member
    Glad you like it, Post a pic! The factory seats are also comfy for me, although I will probably stick with my Race Face Atlas once I get my Range!? I wish the carbon Range was already out.

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgre_6163 View Post
    Geeman
    The bike I have is a preproduction model used as a demo.
    If you have a look here:
    Flow’s First Bite: Norco Sight Carbon 7.1 | Flow Mountain Bike
    It is in fact the exact same bike used in this feature...
    Can you tell us how much that thing weighs?
    I do custom ArcGIS and Google Maps, including data collection and sustainable trail layout. Ride Welsh Mountain

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeller View Post
    Can you tell us how much that thing weighs?
    SocalMX - I am reluctant to post up a pic just yet as it is not my bike, I have had the demo on loan for a month while I waited for mine to come in [its a long story as to why this happened] mine is due this coming Monday so will post up a pic of my bike then. The demo has been ridden by half the MTB journos in Australia, Survived a trip to NZ and obviously crashed more than once so it looking a bit wragged.

As for weight, that I know.
    A quick weigh in at the shop revealed 12.8 kg [28.16lb] stock standard less pedals
    HOWEVER - it was fitted with Onza Ibex 2.4 tyres which will not be OEM. These are heavy buggers coming in at 1kg each [2.2lb]

I have swapped the std alloy bars for Race face SixC carbon, The alloy X01 cranks for carbon X01 and the Onza Ibex for 2.25 Ardents running tubes as per OEM

The bike now weighs in around 12.0 kg [26.4lbs]
    When I have my own I will also convert to tubeless saving a further 200 grams.

I expect mine to weigh around 11.8kg [25.96lbs] within hours of me getting my hands on it

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgre_6163 View Post
    I expect mine to weigh around 11.8kg [25.96lbs] within hours of me getting my hands on it
    Exactly what I wanted to hear.

That's with a dropper, I assume? You could also shed some weight with carbon wheels, too.
    I do custom ArcGIS and Google Maps, including data collection and sustainable trail layout. Ride Welsh Mountain

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I have a 2014 Sight 7.1 with what looks like the same saddle. I haven't noticed it to be particularly uncomfortable.