mtbr member

2014 Fezzari Alta Peak

OK, this bike is $1950 with a decent component spec. I can't find any reviews on this model. I suspect because it is their cheapest model. But, it looks like it would be good for my aging arse. It has everything i would want in a FS 27.5-er.

-Thru axles front and rear
    -tapered HT
    -SRAM components.
    -140mm travel
    -ardent rubber

My question is how the rear susp setup will hold up over time and the ease of bearing repair/replacement. All of you large-brained mtb-ers gimme some feedback.

I currently ride a 29er hardtail. The trails I ride are a good mix of everything.
    "I have come to kick ass and chew bubblegum....and I'm all outta bubblegum".

mtbr member
    Just checked their site. Looks pretty good. Is their factory store open for people to demo their bikes? Might be worth the drive.

mtbr member
    Call them and ask. They told me I could come down and get test fitted and such for a bike i was looking at. Plus the guy knocked a few bucks off since Id pick it up in person instead of shipping.

If you dont like a part they will change it to whatever you are looking for for a good price. I was wanting a brake upgrade a carbon fork instead of what came on the bike and the price i got was cheaper than i could pick it up for.

They have some mixed reviews on customer service but in emails and calls i did they were always really cool with me.

mtbr member
    Looking at the online reviews...most of the negatives I read appear to be adjustment issues from people without a whole lot of experience. Things such as sloppy shifting, loose spokes, and such. Things that are easily and cheaply remedied.

Thanks to the OP for posting this. They are worth taking a look at.

mtbr member
    Well, it would be a long haul to go out to Utah! I'm definitely eyeing this rig. What other bike could you get for that price with those components??? I would just like to see a review. As far as the negatives, yeah, those are no biggies for me. I like the whole bike order thing. I've been pretty fortunate so far.

mtbr member
    Check out the Kona Precept DL. Similar bikes, similarly spec'd, comparable price.
    The thing about the Kona is it should br easier to find one to test ride.

Both look like great deals.

Alta Peak Custom Mountain Bike - Free Shipping | Fezzari BikesŪ

KONA BIKES | 2014 BIKES | TRAIL DS | PRECEPT DL

mtbr member
    Ok, guess nobody has a recent review..it is a new model. I just can't find anything else close in price with the components AND thru axles. With the savings, I could buy a good dropper post and be done with it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014 Fezzari Alta Peak-1377809749_2014-alta-peak-side.jpg  

mtbr member
    If you do get an Alta Peak, please post a review. I am 3 to 4 months out myself. I've looked at a lot of good bikes, and keep coming back to this one also. I'd prefer a little less suspension, but other than that...looks pretty good.

mtbr member
    I dunno what it is, but I always like buying the cheap ones and upgrading as I go. Not only am I looking at the Alta, but also the Moto fatbikes.......see, I have a problem. I guess I get more satisfaction upgrading/wrenching on my own bikes. OK, so I may have a $10K moto, but I'm happy, right? Just kidding.

Think about it, I'd have my 29er Moto(which I plan to turn it back to a single speed), a FS fezzari trail bike, AND a moto fatbike. ALL for less than one name brand rig!! Hey, its how I roll and it makes me smile. I'm not putting down those that have the blingy rides, its just that I can't justify spending that kinda money on A bike, BUT on a BUNCH of bikes, its ok. LMFAO.