Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2014 cubes

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody

2014 cubes

The Stereo has been getting good reviews, and the 170mm Fritzz should be out by next year.

What suspension designs do Cubes use and does the lack of dealer support in the US make up for the lower retail?
    I do custom ArcGIS and Google Maps, including data collection and sustainable trail layout. Ride Welsh Mountain

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Cube uses Horst Link, similar to many other European manufacturers.

Where have you seen their 2014 lineup?

The Fritzz is in prototype stages, but it'll likely be a 2014 Model.
    I do custom ArcGIS and Google Maps, including data collection and sustainable trail layout. Ride Welsh Mountain

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Oh, right.

It wouldn't surprise me if Cube launched some shorter travel 650b bikes for 2014, rather than continue making the current AMS 150 with 26" wheels.

Cube has very good prices here in Europe, especially when it comes to carbon frames. The carbon AMS 150 with SLX spec and a revelation fork costs the equivalent of roughly $3300 here in Norway.

mtbr member
    The 2014 Cube catelog is up on thier website. And yes the Fritzz is back
    Takeoffs are optional....Landing is mandatory

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    What's the difference between the Stereo 160 27.5 and Fritzz in those same numbers besides the stereo being almost 2 kg lighter?

mtbr member
    Fritzz is aluminum whereas the Stereo is carbon.Plus you can't beat the price of the Fritzz...got one already ordered

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Any time on the Fritzz yet?
    Switzerland doesn't need a bike park, Switzerland is a bike park.

mtbr member
    Me being the dummy..told my dealer I didn't need it until march seeing as I never used to ride in the winter. Guess what I'm doing this winter..riding
    I'll post picks once I get it

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    latest issue has a review. Stereo's have been reviewed in previous issues.
    IMB | Free Mountain Bike Magazine Online

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 2tofly View Post
    Me being the dummy..told my dealer I didn't need it until march seeing as I never used to ride in the winter. Guess what I'm doing this winter..riding
    I'll post picks once I get it
    Which version did you order? I am thinking on the Pro and I'm almost ready to pull the trigger. My other candidate is the Canyon Strive 8.0 which is better equipped for 2499 and I am still on the fence. I prefer the Pike fork (I don't know anything about the Manitou shock) on the Cube and from the price difference I could get a RS Reverb seat post, XT Shadow+ rear derailleur and XT shifters. I am not sure if the Deore cranks will be stiff enough and I have some concerns about the wheel set. I don't have great experience with the own branded wheels on my Giant Trance maybe the Cube is better.

mtbr member
    I ordered the TM version. I personally have had no issues with Cube bikes to date. I am currently riding a 2012 Stereo with the wheel set that it came with and have had no issues at all.

You guys who are ordering these Cube's, are you in the states?

mtbr member
    I am US Army stationed in Germany. Cube dealer is 1 mile from my house. Great shop and great owner. He is actually the only German I have met who gives military discount over here. Plus on top of that we do not have to pay the 19% tax on them.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I am US Army stationed in Germany. Cube dealer is 1 mile from my house. Great shop and great owner. He is actually the only German I have met who gives military discount over here. Plus on top of that we do not have to pay the 19% tax on them.
    Wow that's a great deal then!
    I am from Hungary our VAT is 27% but if I order it from Germany I will have to pay the 19% German VAT and the shipping is free.

mtbr member
    The Cubes are really the best bang for my money when you consider I am getting a total of 29% of each bike. I still plan on buying two more. That will bring the total to 6 Cubes in my Garage ( three will be mine, two wifey and one for the kid)

Hurray, you guys are getting great deals. For the rest of us, not so much. By the time the Cubes get to our doors in the USA there are better deals out there.

Now, if you want to start a freight forwarding service for us, that'd be sweet.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    For -29% I wouldn't think twice on the TM version. But for full price I am still thinking if the Canyon Strive would be a better deal for me because I need to spend ~900 to bring the Pro version to my current Giant Trance's level. The Canyon is already there - even better - so it would come out 400 cheaper and I wouldn't have to deal with selling the replaced parts. But the Pike fork (and maybe the 650B) is still tempting and I really like the black/blue paintwork of the Fritzz Pro.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Just note .The Strive, unlike the rest of the Canyon line up only uses single pivot Vs 4 bar linkage and 26". So more pedal feedback.

Not that there's anything wrong with single pivots or 26". I've got two 26" commencals.
    Last edited by gvs_nz; 01-10-2014 at 02:01 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeller View Post
    Hurray, you guys are getting great deals. For the rest of us, not so much. By the time the Cubes get to our doors in the USA there are better deals out there.

Now, if you want to start a freight forwarding service for us, that'd be sweet.
    See if you can get a UK freight forwarding account [ our local post does it online] and talk to Bike-Discount | Der Bike-Shop mit Bestprice Garantie!. you may still need to change your computer or router DNS using something like tunir.net. PITA . CANYON may ship to the STATES . Generallly they as good value.Accept the Strive, they use the same 4 bar linkage which is set up similar to Norco. So more antisquat with it's inherent pedal feedback, more progressive. Cube has less antisquat and pedal feedback [ very neutral] more linear. Spez FSR has less anti squat than both CUBE and Canyon.

Bike-discount also sell the linkage pivot/bearing kits for the CUBE's so that's a bonus for CUBE. No bushings, all bearings. Not throw away frames.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gvs_nz View Post
    Just note .The Strive, unlike the rest of the Canyon line up only uses single pivot Vs 4 bar linkage and 26". So more pedal feedback.

Not that there's anything wrong with single pivots or 26". I've got two 26" commencals.
    I know that the Strive has single pivot rear suspension and it was initially a concern for me but so far I haven't read any complains related to it in any of the reviews or from Strive owners in the forums.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Hasn't done Fabien Barel any harm.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gvs_nz View Post
    Hasn't done Fabien Barel any harm.
    Exactly

mtbr member
    2toFly

Are you talking about Frank at Wheelsports?

mtbr member

Finally Got it

Finally got my 2014 Cube Fritzz. Haven't taken it out yet but plan on it tomorrow as long as work doesn't get in the way. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014 cubes-20140219_191114.jpg  

2014 cubes-fritzz-1.jpg  

2014 cubes-fritzz-3.jpg  

2014 cubes-fritzz-4.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast