Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

2013 Trek Remedy 9.9 18.5" 650b

mounted back wheel to frame today, 650b fits with equal clearance to my carbine 650b, the XX1 kit will be here tomorrow and pics should be up on Wednesday......Of course it is calling for 5 days of rain starting thursday.........

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Sounds really sweet. I'll be waiting for the pics and get a BB measurement with the 650B's.

Really like the concept of the XX1 but not so much the price tag. Trickle down will be good when it happens.
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

it's the ride....
    May 2004
    good news... can you post a picture of the rear tire gap with a 650.
    what tire do you use?
    Ulating blencong sejatine tataraning lelaku...

mtbr member
    In reverse order....

Using an Ardent 2.25 on rear for now, the clearance at the bottom bracket is GOOD, it is tighter at the horseshoe at the EVO link, I will post pics thursday.

I will post the BB measurement, but it should be 13.9 and change with sag......The Remedy is 13.9 unweighted with a .43" drop for sag, according to our friend Morpheous it should increase that by .5", and according to my high school shop class measurement skills the Ardent will give me more like .45" so right back to about 13.9" is the hope......

mtbr member
    You go Hito! Cant wait to see this build. (and the XX1 is just outright "grandstanding" )
    2012 SC NOMADc
    2011 SC Driver8 BikePark Sled
    2012 Surly Pugsly Fatty Trail/Dogrunner

KKC
    mtbr member
    May 2007
    Can't wait to see the pics. Are you using the stock 26" Fox Fork that comes on the Remedy? I have been running the numbers to see if I would be happy with the goemetry changes. Very interested in your feedback from test ride. Thanks for being a pioneer!

it's the ride....
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedHito View Post
    In reverse order....

Using an Ardent 2.25 on rear for now, the clearance at the bottom bracket is GOOD, it is tighter at the horseshoe at the EVO link, I will post pics thursday.

I will post the BB measurement, but it should be 13.9 and change with sag......The Remedy is 13.9 unweighted with a .43" drop for sag, according to our friend Morpheous it should increase that by .5", and according to my high school shop class measurement skills the Ardent will give me more like .45" so right back to about 13.9" is the hope......
    Thanks Hito. Now when it's ready you really need to hit the trail, beat that rain ..
    Can't wait to see the bult up and your ride report..
    Ulating blencong sejatine tataraning lelaku...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KKC View Post
    Can't wait to see the pics. Are you using the stock 26" Fox Fork that comes on the Remedy? I have been running the numbers to see if I would be happy with the goemetry changes. Very interested in your feedback from test ride. Thanks for being a pioneer!
    I have a '13 Fox 36 RC2 stepped down to 150mm and a '13 34 CTD stepped to 150 also, but I am going to run the 36 RC2, ran it on my Carbine for a while, slightly heavier (like a 1/10th of a pound than the 34) but the damping is so much better......Seriously the CTD is so bad. I ran the DRCV 150mm for a few months when I got the bike as a '12 (before crash breakage) and it was ok, but still not an RC2.

KKC
    mtbr member
    May 2007
    Thanks Hito. Much anticipation for your future posts on the thread!

mtbr member

So......mixed results

Hasn't taken its maiden voyage yet and I am changing the fork to the 36 RC2 but here it is assembled and with a minimal amount of clearance......the seat stay and bottom bracket clearance is zero issue on this conversion but the support brace by the upper link is an issue.....also picture text is wrong, BB height is 14" dead on from center of spindle to ground.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Trek Remedy 9.9 18.5" 650b-side-view.jpg  

2013 Trek Remedy 9.9 18.5" 650b-clearance.jpg  

2013 Trek Remedy 9.9 18.5" 650b-drivetrain-wide.jpg  

2013 Trek Remedy 9.9 18.5" 650b-drive-train-close.jpg  

Last edited by OneEyedHito; 12-06-2012 at 05:25 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    XX1 lust setting in here looking at the pics Still would like a bash option as I'd figure out a way to smack it.

What do you bet the Remedy goes 650B for 2014? Seems like the ideal candidate in the Trek lineup as well as the Giant Reign and Spec. Enduro. Gonna be interesting for sure.
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    NIce build OEH! We need the rain to stop in GC!
    2012 SC NOMADc

mtbr member
    nice bike. the ardent is a true 27.5 tire in height. you would have more room with the crossmark or even the vee rubber mission 2.1

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Hito: Looks like a sweet build. Curious about the XX1. Where did you pick it up and what size is the rear derailleur?

mtbr member
    XX1 rear Der. is a one size type deal. Doesn't come in different cage lengths. It's a hulking piece of gear but is surprisingly light. Unlike our rain here :/

BTI has stock on XX1 right now and so does Competitive C. as of a few days ago.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Awesome bike! Whats the total weight with the 650b build?

mtbr member
    27.5 lbs. on the nose!

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedHito View Post
    27.5 lbs. on the nose!
    Too funny

mtbr member
    Phineas!

mtbr member
    And Ferb

mtbr member
    This build has to be the current state of the art for Trail/Enduro.
    2012 SC NOMADc

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post
    XX1 lust setting in here looking at the pics Still would like a bash option as I'd figure out a way to smack it.

What do you bet the Remedy goes 650B for 2014? Seems like the ideal candidate in the Trek lineup as well as the Giant Reign and Spec. Enduro. Gonna be interesting for sure.

I'll bet that if it there is a 650b Remedy in 2014 it will be my next bike.

mtbr member

11 miles in (I didn't start the strava for the first few miles).....

Headed south to Cave Run today to hit up Sheltowee Trace Trail.......1st Time on it and I am so glad I went......really needed the ride plus the trail has some gnarly climbs and bombing descents, icing on the cake is that it Pissed rain the whole way down and it pissed again the whole way home but the sky opened up for our ride

While the leaves were a soaked mess, this trail is amazingly weatherproof, my friend has been raving about it being the best he has ridden in KY for hard pack limestone that can be ripped in the rain without slippage or damage to the trail, he was RIGHT!

Bike Ride Profile | Sheltowee Trace Cave Run Lake near | Times and Records | Strava

The bike is everything I needed it to be and more, the clearance wasn't an issue once, the RC2 upfront is bombproof and the CCDbAIR in the rear was a thing of carpet riding beauty. The 650b's made a couple of 1 mile steep ones so much easier to climb and the XX1 groupset is seriously my new favorite tool EVER!

Ok enough of me being way overjoyed about todays ride, and yes I feel like a schmuck for feeling like I need to ride in light of the current tragedies and the season so enough from me. Here's to you!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Trek Remedy 9.9 18.5" 650b-caverun3.jpg  

mtbr member
    That bike is sooo sweet! Nice job!!! Im thinking of getting a 650b wheelset as an alternate just to try it out! Who knows, I might love it & keep em! Also what shock hardware did you use for the DBAir? I have a suctom fit CTD shock on mine but have always wanted to try a DBAir! For what its worth, heres mine! Would look so good with your 650b wheelset mounted up! Dam people like you, get me to spend all my money...[IMG]trek2.jpg[/IMG]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Trek Remedy 9.9 18.5" 650b-trek2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dude what year is that Ninja? That is so sick in matte black!!!!!!!!! That is the only thing I would change about my Remedy and really only thing I liked better about the Carbine.....FN A that is bad ass! I used Enduro bearings that CC told me to get for the top mount and I went to a local Fastenal to get a 10mm bolt and nut based on using calipers on the length needed. The bottom hardware is the OEM hardware that came with the Remedy. I can caliper these two bearings if you need me to, but since yours looks like a different model year, call Eric at Cane Creek. BTW, I tried my wheels in 17.5" and it didn't seem like it would work with any kind of 'real' tire so I was fortunate that I ride the 18.5"...also those XR4's are SICK tires, grip for days and they roll!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast