Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2013 Jamis 650B

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shagen7 View Post
    I thought the 650 Dakar Pro came with the Rock Shox Revelation?
    Mine is a 2012.

On a side note I took my Epic out on the same technical trail that I have been riding the Dakar on for the past few months and it's no comparison. I am looking forward to selling the Epic come spring and not looking back.

The Dakar is by far one of the best bikes I have ever ridden. I have even been able to fix the leaky fork.
    Marty-mj
    14 Trek Farley Fat Bike & Jamis Dakar 650b Pro Full Squish

mtbr member
    I hope to be riding the Dakar XCT 650 Pro by spring (fingers crossed). I haven't had a lot of time on a trail with one, but it just feels perfect. Glad to hear other people are loving their 650b.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Way2ManyBikes View Post
    Mine is a 2012.

On a side note I took my Epic out on the same technical trail that I have been riding the Dakar on for the past few months and it's no comparison. I am looking forward to selling the Epic come spring and not looking back.

The Dakar is by far one of the best bikes I have ever ridden. I have even been able to fix the leaky fork.
    Did you buy it as a frame only? Otherwise it should have had the Loop fork which is sweet.

I hope to be riding the Dakar XCT 650 Pro by spring (fingers crossed). I haven't had a lot of time on a trail with one, but it just feels perfect. Glad to hear other people are loving their 650b.
    Well, my size large 19" 2011 B2 is for sale in the classifieds. Not even 250 miles on it and mint condition. Impulse buy after reading some glowing reviews. It's an awesome trail bike for sure, I just would like more travel, a slacker HA and higher BB height for New England.

Paid Spam 2011 Jamis Dakar 650 B2 - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    I Hope you love the bike as much as I do. After spending a year on a custom Aluminum Epic Comp (with a full S-Works build 23lbs) I truely forgot how much fun riding could was. I was never truly able to get confortable on the bike. My fist problem is I picked the wrong parents so I am only 5' 6" tall and no matter what I did the bike just never felt right.

Now that I am riding this bike it's just a blast. My riding partner rode my bike and he is now ordering the exact same bike for himself.
    Marty-mj

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=skidad;10078702]Did you buy it as a frame only? Otherwise it should have had the Loop fork which is sweet.

Well, my size large 19" 2011 B2 is for sale in the classifieds. Not even 250 miles on it and mint condition. Impulse buy after reading some glowing reviews. It's an awesome trail bike for sure, I just would like more travel, a slacker HA and higher BB height for New England.

Thanks for the heads up but I think my mind is set on the 2013.

mtbr member
    Did you buy it as a frame only? Otherwise it should have had the Loop fork which is sweet.
    Yep I bought it as a Frame & Loop Fork. I like to build bikes from a frame & fork

I am serious considering buying a 2nd version with the Rock Shock fork and doing full carbon on the bike to see if i can get it to 22lb and make it the bike I do more open single track with.
    Marty-mj

mtbr member
    Thanks for the heads up but I think my mind is set on the 2013.
    I don't think they offer a Frame & Fork for 2013. Maybe Sal can chime in on this one.
    Marty-mj

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I don't think they offer a Frame & Fork for 2013.

I went to a Jamis demo day yesterday (rode the dragon 650 and Dakar 29er) and the Jamis guy said you could get one of the bikes at least as a frame (can't remember which one we were talking about at the time), but I don't see frame-only on their website.

My friend rode the Dakar 650B Pro and I really wish I had ridden. He loved it. I really loved riding the Dragon though.

just some guy
    Quote Originally Posted by mhix01 View Post
    I don't think they offer a Frame & Fork for 2013.

I went to a Jamis demo day yesterday (rode the dragon 650 and Dakar 29er) and the Jamis guy said you could get one of the bikes at least as a frame (can't remember which one we were talking about at the time), but I don't see frame-only on their website.

My friend rode the Dakar 650B Pro and I really wish I had ridden. He loved it. I really loved riding the Dragon though.
    I think you can get the Dragon as a frame.

mountainfreak
    Aug 2009
    Glad you enjoyed the bikes at the demo! You'll be able to get both the 2013 Dragon 650 or the 2013 Dakar XCR 29 Team as a frame set but not the Dakar XCT 650.

mtbr member
    Would it still be possible to ge another 2012 frame & fork so I can put it on my latest Sema Project Car
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Jamis 650B-2012-04-14-2nd-chance-camaro-32-.jpg  

2013 Jamis 650B-2012-04-14-2nd-chance-camaro-opie-video-32-.jpg  

2013 Jamis 650B-2012-04-26-2nd-chance-camaro-005.jpg  

2013 Jamis 650B-2012-04-26-2nd-chance-camaro-007.jpg  

Marty-mj

DBI
    mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I test rode a 2013 Dragon 650B Sat...I have limited riding experience, but it felt great as soon as I got on it. But I kind of wish I didn't do a test ride, because now I want one.

I do think that the price point is still a little high, but I may wander down to the LBS to see how much wiggle room the price has.

MTB B'dos
    Interesting, but I can't say I'd feel safe driving down the road with my expensive bike hanging off the side of the car like that, one close call with another vehicle and To me a better and more realistic solution would be to get a rear glass made with a sliding window in it and mount the rack inside the car and on the trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Way2ManyBikes View Post
    Would it still be possible to ge another 2012 frame & fork so I can put it on my latest Sema Project Car
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Rode one of these today at the SE Bike EXPO. I ride a trance x and have been really wanted to get the trance x 29er. After riding this today, my whole perspective changed. I honestly thought "best of both worlds" was a load of **** but after riding this I am a convert. This is definitely the #1 spot for what I want next. It was so much more fun than my trance 26 and the trance 29. I was so sure! The bike rode wonderfully and climbed great. I love climbing and I spun this thing uphill without a hitch.

Great to meet you jamis folk today, if any of you read this! cant wait to own one!
    There's something about those long grueling climbs that gets my front end all stiff... And I'm not talking about lockout...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3