Thread: 2013 650B Blur

mtbr member

2013 650B Blur

My latest creation. The green color is perfect. Enjoy!
    2013 650B Blur-p1040099.jpg2013 650B Blur-p1040100.jpg2013 650B Blur-p1040101.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Smart to rig the mud deflector. Minimize the clearance issue in sloppy conditions!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Nice! I have a 650b'd 2012 Blur, the Blurs are better bikes as 650b's than 26ers

mtbr member
    Absolutely Jeff! Luckiily I had a 1 1/8th" fork so I could make a zero stack lower cup. This really brought the BB down to an XC race level and quickened the steering perfectly. I couldn't spec a 650B frame any better. Pm me if you need more info on guard or anything else.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I picked up the adhesive carbon down tube guard that was made for the Blur Ltd, but the guard for the swing link looks interesting. I run a 120mm Fox fork on mine, slows the steering down a bit, but my bike is so damn stable.
    Last edited by Hurricane Jeff; 11-10-2013 at 07:56 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Nice ride... New paint or new front triangle?

mtbr member
    Jeff, I will have a batch ready by Wednesday of next week. I was using 1/16 Makrolon but it is expensive and difficult to form. Switched to 1/8 ABS. When I swapped mine out I found an impact mark on the link protector from a rock. Glad I had it but my area can go from super fast groomed dirt to super rocky in no time. I'm having my old topfuel remote shock reworked for my blur.

BXCc, new front triangle due to a small issue. Super service from SC. I was sweating the choice while it was in transit. As soon as I had it finished, I was extremely please. Everone has been loving it!

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Is this setup with a 100mm for or 120mm fork? Looking to do the same setup on the same 2013 green size L frame (warranty replacement for an older carbon blur). I am hoping to keep the steering quick and responsive. Also, did you need spacers in the rear RP23?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by grimsvotn View Post
    Is this setup with a 100mm for or 120mm fork? Looking to do the same setup on the same 2013 green size L frame (warranty replacement for an older carbon blur). I am hoping to keep the steering quick and responsive. Also, did you need spacers in the rear RP23?
    100mm fork and zero stack headset on bottom. Super quick steering, stable and great BB height. I would not trade this set up for any 650B XC race frame being produced now or in the future. My worry is how long will it take for the warranty frames to get depleated.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    Quote Originally Posted by yougotitok View Post
    new front triangle due to a small issue. Super service from SC. I was sweating the choice while it was in transit. As soon as I had it finished, I was extremely please. Everone has been loving it!
    This sounds a lot like nydrms' post.
    Don't spam!
    Big Wheels Keep On Rolling

Forth Eorlingas!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    did you have to shim the rear shock? what front fork are you running please?

Registered Dietitian
    Quote Originally Posted by mforness3000 View Post
    did you have to shim the rear shock? what front fork are you running please?
    I never needed to shim mine. Size large, running a 2.25" Racing Ralph on Crest rims.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Didn't have to shim mine either, using 2.25 Ra Ra' s on AM wheels. I've been using a Fox Float 120mm 26er fork with zero issues.