mtbr member
    May 2005

2011 Jamis Dakar B2 pics

Bought as leftover this year and it took me 6 months before had all the parts I needed and then finally put it together

First, never cut a steerer before it's time. Still it's really long as I'm playing with stem height and length. It's a 12 degree 75mm Specialized stem with different shims that adjust it from +- 8 degrees to +- 16 degrees. Stock stem for my Large was 110mm

Another Specialized item I borrowed is the Dangler chain guide I trimmed up to fit the Jamis. Works awesome and so quiet with almost 0 chain slap

Answer Pro Taper Carbon 720mm bars, 1" rise with ODI Rouge Lock On grips. Stock bars were 670mm Brake levers are set up moto style from 30+ years of dirt biking

Changed the stock 26/39 spider/rings to 24/38/bash. Jamis went this route for 13 on the Pro and most new 650B bikes are using this or 24/36. Works well for 650B size

Race Face crank arm end protectors (and needed)

Straitline pedals

I put on the wheels from my Prophet (for our abusive conditions here) and save the stock for backup or for people to borrow and try out. Flow rear with Hadley hub, Pacenti TL28 front with Hope Pro 2 Evo hub. Both wheels build with Sapim triple butted spokes and 2.3" Neo Moto tires. Pretty bombproof.

Lots of clear tape you can't see with the pearl white color, an extra piece of Lizzard Skin on the back of the swingarm and a piece of rubber fuel line to protect the RD cable from scrapes and damage

ENJOY

2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Sweet looking bike!