mtbr member

2010 Haro Sonix 650B spy photo!

I thought you'd like to catch a glimpse of the new Sonix 650B bike we're working on for our 2010 line. There aren't any graphics on these bikes (super stealth mode!) nor does the spec reflect what we're going to use for production bikes, but it at least give you an idea of what we've got in store.

There are more photos and a ride report here.

mtbr member
    Very Sharp! Well Done Haro!

mtbr member
    Oh and care to comment on the two different WTB tires on that bike Jill??

nothing relevant to say
    I like this frame design over the Gen1 SOnix. VL120. Looks like my Haro will be getting replaced.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMcG
    Oh and care to comment on the two different WTB tires on that bike Jill??
    They are the same tire...WTB Wolverine. They look mismatched in the photo, but they are the same.

They are my new favorite tire! I have them on my 26" wheel Sonix too.

nothing relevant to say
    Why are you still riding a 26" Sonix? On the Haro site, it looks like PatSS is rocking the same frame with a White Bros fork and Nevegal tires.
    I'd love to see the geom compared to the 26"... in good time i suppose.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Nice looking bike. I think a complete 650 bike will sell like hot cakes. Good luck Haro!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked Headtube
    Why are you still riding a 26" Sonix? On the Haro site, it looks like PatSS is rocking the same frame with a White Bros fork and Nevegal tires.
    I'd love to see the geom compared to the 26"... in good time i suppose.
    LOL...the 26" wheel Sonix will likely start getting dusty...and not from the trail!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

re

Looks like the frame design is evolving towards the Werx. I bought a Sonix for my Girlfriend last year, which she absolutly loves. The major difference I see is the "pass thru" shock structure is gone all together. Makes me want to put some some miles on my girls bike and see if I'd want to pick up a frameset for myself!

mtbr member
    Oh boy! Jill, do you all plan to offer a frame only option? Stock spec might be fine, too, just wondering.

nothing relevant to say
    RsF: definitly give the Sonix a spin. I love mine. Its a 26", but really does trick when I need a full sus'er rig. Mine will be back and running by mid-March ( its in pieces for service all over). No cranks, fork's apart, stolen the shifting from it....

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
    Jill,

Nice job, this bike is going to ROCK!

Cheers,

KP
    “Those that say it can’t be done should get out of the way of those doing it.”

PacentiCycleDesign

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveF
    Oh boy! Jill, do you all plan to offer a frame only option? Stock spec might be fine, too, just wondering.
    No framesets...completes only.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riding for Sanity
    Looks like the frame design is evolving towards the Werx. I bought a Sonix for my Girlfriend last year, which she absolutly loves. The major difference I see is the "pass thru" shock structure is gone all together. Makes me want to put some some miles on my girls bike and see if I'd want to pick up a frameset for myself!
    The frame actually looks more like our Xeon frames. (Werx is just a name we've used in the past for high-end bikes in each series...like the Werx Sonix and Werx Xeon.)

Glad to hear for GF loves her Sonix!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by downhilljill
    No framesets...completes only.

That's cool--I can work with it. Looking forward to checking one out! Looks like good it has standover clearance which has been an issure for me with some other designs....

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    It looks really nice. It also looks a little heavy, is it? Will it come with the Velvet fork? How do you think the Velvet fork works in conjunction with the rear travel/design?

This bikes is really interesting to me, but 2010? Can I wait that long? ;-)

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I am stoked on haro for your innovation,!! however, I must say I hate the aesthetics of an interupted seat tube...anyway you can fix that.. isnt that a design that is not as strong as a continuous one?

mtbr member

Sonix?

That looks like a Xeon frame to me.