Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: downhilljill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,820

    2010 Haro Sonix 650B spy photo!

    I thought you'd like to catch a glimpse of the new Sonix 650B bike we're working on for our 2010 line. There aren't any graphics on these bikes (super stealth mode!) nor does the spec reflect what we're going to use for production bikes, but it at least give you an idea of what we've got in store.

    There are more photos and a ride report here.






  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MMcG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,024
    Very Sharp! Well Done Haro!

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MMcG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,024
    Oh and care to comment on the two different WTB tires on that bike Jill??

  4. #4
    nothing relevant to say
    Reputation: Cracked Headtube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,346
    I like this frame design over the Gen1 SOnix. VL120. Looks like my Haro will be getting replaced.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: downhilljill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,820
    Quote Originally Posted by MMcG
    Oh and care to comment on the two different WTB tires on that bike Jill??
    They are the same tire...WTB Wolverine. They look mismatched in the photo, but they are the same.

    They are my new favorite tire! I have them on my 26" wheel Sonix too.

  6. #6
    nothing relevant to say
    Reputation: Cracked Headtube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,346
    Why are you still riding a 26" Sonix? On the Haro site, it looks like PatSS is rocking the same frame with a White Bros fork and Nevegal tires.
    I'd love to see the geom compared to the 26"... in good time i suppose.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    334
    Nice looking bike. I think a complete 650 bike will sell like hot cakes. Good luck Haro!

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: downhilljill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked Headtube
    Why are you still riding a 26" Sonix? On the Haro site, it looks like PatSS is rocking the same frame with a White Bros fork and Nevegal tires.
    I'd love to see the geom compared to the 26"... in good time i suppose.
    LOL...the 26" wheel Sonix will likely start getting dusty...and not from the trail!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    156

    re

    Looks like the frame design is evolving towards the Werx. I bought a Sonix for my Girlfriend last year, which she absolutly loves. The major difference I see is the "pass thru" shock structure is gone all together. Makes me want to put some some miles on my girls bike and see if I'd want to pick up a frameset for myself!

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SteveF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,353
    Oh boy! Jill, do you all plan to offer a frame only option? Stock spec might be fine, too, just wondering.

  11. #11
    nothing relevant to say
    Reputation: Cracked Headtube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,346
    RsF: definitly give the Sonix a spin. I love mine. Its a 26", but really does trick when I need a full sus'er rig. Mine will be back and running by mid-March ( its in pieces for service all over). No cranks, fork's apart, stolen the shifting from it....

  12. #12
    Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
    Reputation: Kirk Pacenti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,560
    Jill,

    Nice job, this bike is going to ROCK!

    Cheers,

    KP
    “Those that say it can’t be done should get out of the way of those doing it.”

    PacentiCycleDesign

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: downhilljill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,820
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveF
    Oh boy! Jill, do you all plan to offer a frame only option? Stock spec might be fine, too, just wondering.
    No framesets...completes only.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: downhilljill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Riding for Sanity
    Looks like the frame design is evolving towards the Werx. I bought a Sonix for my Girlfriend last year, which she absolutly loves. The major difference I see is the "pass thru" shock structure is gone all together. Makes me want to put some some miles on my girls bike and see if I'd want to pick up a frameset for myself!
    The frame actually looks more like our Xeon frames. (Werx is just a name we've used in the past for high-end bikes in each series...like the Werx Sonix and Werx Xeon.)

    Glad to hear for GF loves her Sonix!

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SteveF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by downhilljill
    No framesets...completes only.

    That's cool--I can work with it. Looking forward to checking one out! Looks like good it has standover clearance which has been an issure for me with some other designs....

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,162
    It looks really nice. It also looks a little heavy, is it? Will it come with the Velvet fork? How do you think the Velvet fork works in conjunction with the rear travel/design?

    This bikes is really interesting to me, but 2010? Can I wait that long? ;-)

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    165
    I am stoked on haro for your innovation,!! however, I must say I hate the aesthetics of an interupted seat tube...anyway you can fix that.. isnt that a design that is not as strong as a continuous one?

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: XcSingler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    40

    Sonix?

    That looks like a Xeon frame to me.

  19. #19
    powered by ibuprofen
    Reputation: ecoast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by XcSingler
    That looks like a Xeon frame to me.

    yep .
    Miss jill: why are you doing away w/ the sonix frame?

    What is the target weight on this?
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    ....what the hell you lookin' down here for?

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: downhilljill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Wish I Were Riding
    It looks really nice. It also looks a little heavy, is it? Will it come with the Velvet fork? How do you think the Velvet fork works in conjunction with the rear travel/design?

    This bikes is really interesting to me, but 2010? Can I wait that long? ;-)
    Like I said in my ride report, this is a prototype...so it's not going to be spec'd as shown. No Velvet fork...we're using the White Bros Liquid 650B fork for production bikes.

    Heavy? Depends on what you definition of that is. My proto weighs in at about 27-28 lbs. Not a weight weenie, but I don't care. I'll give up light weight for a fun ride any day.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: downhilljill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,820
    Quote Originally Posted by crashedupderby
    I am stoked on haro for your innovation,!! however, I must say I hate the aesthetics of an interupted seat tube...anyway you can fix that.. isnt that a design that is not as strong as a continuous one?
    We have had zero failures on these bikes due to the interrupted seat tube, so I'd have to say that it's just as strong as non-interrupted frames.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: downhilljill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,820
    Quote Originally Posted by XcSingler
    That looks like a Xeon frame to me.
    Yes it does. That's what this frame is based off of...and what future Sonix frames just might look like. But you didn't hear that from me.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: downhilljill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,820
    Quote Originally Posted by ecoast
    yep .
    Miss jill: why are you doing away w/ the sonix frame?

    What is the target weight on this?
    The 26" wheel Sonix frames aren't going anywhere. They are just going to look a little different in 2010 (hint hint). Hey, superstars need a face-lift every now and then...just ask some of them Hollywood types.

    We don't have a complete production bike on hand to weight, but I'd say 26-27 lbs would be real close.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,162
    Quote Originally Posted by downhilljill
    Like I said in my ride report, this is a prototype...so it's not going to be spec'd as shown. No Velvet fork...we're using the White Bros Liquid 650B fork for production bikes.

    Heavy? Depends on what you definition of that is. My proto weighs in at about 27-28 lbs. Not a weight weenie, but I don't care. I'll give up light weight for a fun ride any day.
    I hope you get some good testing in on the WB forks. I've never wanted to try one.

    The weight doesn't sound to bad to me. But 26lbs would be better than 28 if I had my choice. Looks good DHJ.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    156
    Hey Jill
    Will this frame be designed to accomodate 2.3" tires? I better start selling off a couple of my MTBs if there will be no frameset option. I think making a frameset of the Sonix and Beasley would make sense for us MTB addicts who have too many damn parts already!

    Cheers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •