Dec 2005

2009 Trek 69er Singlespeed

Anyone know if the new 69er singlespeed comes with a black fox fork or the white one. It is pictured both ways in the Trek catalog. The black fox fork would add a nice touch to the production bike.
    Also, when will these be available to the public?

Harmonius Wrench

Here's how it was shown at Trek World last August. I would suspect that the G2 offset fork found on this will not make it to the aftermarket.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Ted

Here's how it was shown at Trek World last August. I would suspect that the G2 offset fork found on this will not make it to the aftermarket.
    The Trek website lists the bike coming with a "Fox F29 RP24 Custom Trek Fork w/4-position platform, air pressure, rebound, compression, lockout, alloy 1 1/8" steerer, Bontrager 51mm offset, 100mm"

I can see why they don't use the term G2, but it makes sense to me that they would keep the 51mm fork since all the other F29's they order (for Fisher) have the 51mm lowers

Dec 2005
    Yes. I was curious as to this "custom fork". It sounds interesting. Not sure what the 4position platform means?

Dec 2005

black fork

The catalog shows Travis Brown next to the 69er with a black fork. The production model looks to be a white fork. Either way. That bike looks nice to me. Rumor has it that the 2010 69er singlespeed will be belt driven. T. Brown will be debuting it at the SSWC 09 in September.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Ted

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I have black forks on mine - looks real good and rides real good - not been caught by any geared bikes off road as yet. I can recommend this type of bike to anyone. Not used my heckler much at all since the off road C2C and all because of this bike. :-)

2006 sswc RockStar
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by threesixeight
    The catalog shows Travis Brown next to the 69er with a black fork. The production model looks to be a white fork. Either way. That bike looks nice to me. Rumor has it that the 2010 69er singlespeed will be belt driven. T. Brown will be debuting it at the SSWC 09 in September.

The rumour is the 69er has been dropped from the Trek line up.......

mtbr member
    That's no rumor. Check the 2010 catalog.

pb2
    anyone know of deals going on the 2009 stock ?