mtbr member
    Jan 2006

2008 Carbon Rush Fox Lefty 650B???

I have a 2008 Cannondale Carbon Rush 2 size XL. Up front I have a Carbon 110mm Fox Lefty. Can I put a 650B front wheel on this bike without using a travel reducer/spacer in the fork. I primarily ride 29er hard tail but I still like this bike (especialy racing), I just "hate" the baby 26 inch front wheel getting stuck in rock gardens and when jumping bigger logs.

Thank You

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by soulcraft29er
    I have a 2008 Cannondale Carbon Rush 2 size XL. Up front I have a Carbon 110mm Fox Lefty. Can I put a 650B front wheel on this bike without using a travel reducer/spacer in the fork. I primarily ride 29er hard tail but I still like this bike (especialy racing), I just "hate" the baby 26 inch front wheel getting stuck in rock gardens and when jumping bigger logs.

Thank You
    Yes, 650b works without the travel limiter in place.

Heres a few....Some are rushes and others are prophets. As long as is a Bonded lefty with 110mm of travel it has the same diameters, so if you find a pic of an aluminum lefty, its the same thing. I have found a few for you.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...49991#poststop

Carbon Rush w/ZTR-355 650b wheel

Rush 650b

These two are scalpels, but its the same fork.

Scalpel with 650b front and 26 rear tested

2009 New Scalpel

mtbr member
    I think you need a 10mm spacer to reduce the travel of the 110mm Lefty forks, I am almost positive there was post here not that long ago of a 650b Rush

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Thank you for your help. Looks like my 650B Rush will be complimenting my 29er hardtail.

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5

we'll have the word soon....

I have been discussing this very topic with Cannondale over the last week or so.

I would like them to make an 'official' statement concerning the wheel size for use with their Lefty forks. I am hopeful that they will OK the use of the 650b with little or no modifications needed at all. We'll see....

Cheers,

KP
    “Those that say it can’t be done should get out of the way of those doing it.”

PacentiCycleDesign

mtbr member
    Official or not, the 650b is staying on my carbon Rush! Gave it 2 test rides over the weekend and I LOVED it! However, despite all the advantages of a bigger wheel, I did find a disadvantage. Because it rolled over obstacles so well I got too confident and kept pedaling where I shouldn't, and ended up hitting more palmetto roots than usual. i know, it's my own fault...

In the first link posted by amillmtb is my carbon Rush. Here's another picture taken yesterday on the trail:

As far as I can remember, lefty does not need anything installed to accept a 650b wheel. Someone posted a picture with a compressed lefty and there is still enough clearance between the wheel and the downtube.
    Last edited by thunderbolt413; 01-12-2009 at 10:39 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Great, I am ordering a wheel from the bike shop today. Unfortunately we have too much snow, so no ride reports for a while.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt413
    As far as I can remember, lefty does not need anything to accept 650b wheel. Someone posted a picture with a compressed lefty and there is still enough clearance between the wheel and the downtube.
    This is the one that I found, its with the Quasi

http://img134.imagevenue.com/img.php...122_1194lo.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Technical Data

Does anyone have the technical data on what spoke lengths it would take build a 650b wheel for the Lefty? I'm currently using a Stan's 29" wheel on the front with an aftermarket Lefty hub. Thank you.

mtbr member
    I have an '08 Aluminum Rush with the bolted in chainstay/swingarm brace. Will removing that allow enough room to fit, say a Quasi-Moto in back or will I need to grind/cut the brace mounts down too?

mtbr member
    If you are running a Quasi-moto, you do not need to grind off the brace mounts. Just unbolt the brace and you are ready to go.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieWV
    If you are running a Quasi-moto, you do not need to grind off the brace mounts. Just unbolt the brace and you are ready to go.
    Thanks for the confirmation!