mtbr member
    Mar 2004

09 Trek Top Fuel 69er

got this sent to me through an nameless source. It does have the ABP and full floater.

It does exist, but I have heard anything from a December release to a June release.

Yes, its a poor quality pic, but answers the question if its coming or not......

Anyone with any inside specifics please let us know!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2006 sswc RockStar
    Dec 2006
    ugly

mtbr member
    I dig it. Really like my 69er SS, so I would be quite interested in this updated version of the susp. 69er.
    Would like to hear more about the future of this one...

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    i like it, looks better than the new top fuel 8. this could be one of my new bike next year. if the 69er thing got old all i would have to do it throw a longer travel fork on the front and it would be like top fuel with a longer travel front end. or even better yet get an adjustable travel fork like a lefty or a maverick and swap travel and wheel size.

mtbr member
    I suppose we'll see better pics of it once Trek does another special event for their dealers or something. How do you know/can you tell if it is the ABP design though?

simple
    Quote Originally Posted by MMcG
    I suppose we'll see better pics of it once Trek does another special event for their dealers or something. How do you know/can you tell if it is the ABP design though?
    See that red shiny object above the derailleur? That is the ABP.

Lots of tubing on that 69er. I'm going to have to see it in person.

mtbr member
    May 2007

69 features

It will have ABP, Full Floater and one piece rocker and 100 mm travel front and rear. Sources still have yet to confirm production dates.

I'd rather be riding!
    From that picture it looks like the rear shock has longer travel than the RP2 on my '08 Top Fuel 69er.

Not particularly thrilled with that color pattern on the frame though.

simple
    Quote Originally Posted by kmacon
    From that picture it looks like the rear shock has longer travel than the RP2 on my '08 Top Fuel 69er.

Not particularly thrilled with that color pattern on the frame though.
    Just a little more travel says TB "Geometry is the same as current 69 top fuel but it gets a full 100 mm rear travel (+8 mm), ABP, Full Floater, Evo link (one piece design). Torsional stiffness goes way up, quality of travel in rear is much improved."

a.k.a. BicycleKicks

What rear shock is on it?

Quote Originally Posted by 69erSycip
    Just a little more travel says TB "Geometry is the same as current 69 top fuel but it gets a full 100 mm rear travel (+8 mm), ABP, Full Floater, Evo link (one piece design). Torsional stiffness goes way up, quality of travel in rear is much improved."
    RP2, RP23? 1.5x6.5? 2.0x7.5? Other? It's hard to tell from the pic.

Nevermind... it would be the same as the 26er Top Fuel... 6.5x1.5. I guess the "full floater" action gives it a little more rear travel for the same shock stroke.
    Last edited by 40hills; 10-16-2008 at 09:05 PM.
    I read that on the internet.