Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

New Gravity 27.5/29 + bikes?

I've been looking at the bd fat bikes and recently and went back today to do some more pining and saw this.

I think these are new. They say fits multiple tire sizes in the video but I think in writing it clarified that its wheels sizes.

So I'm assuming if you buy one it comes with the respective 27.5 or 29 Plus rims and tires but it could handle a 26 4.0 if you had the right rim?

Save Up to 60% Off Mountain, Road and Lifestyle Bicycle Bike Wheels for Bicycles, Mountain Bikes, Road Bikes, Hybrid, Comfort and More Save Up to 60% Off New Bikes

edit....just noticed this. Wonder for how much?
    NOTE: 26x4.0 wheels with V8 tires will be made available to 27.5plus and 29plus buyers shortly after these bikes ship

djrez4
    Sounds like fun, but they should offer it at a few more component levels, like the Boris.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

New Gravity 27.5/29 + bikes?

The bike comes w/650b wheelset. The frame can accommodate 29+/ 26x4 also, which they plan on selling separately.

Pedaling

mtbr member
    Looks like you have the choice of 27.5 or 29plus wheelset

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Here's a link to the 29plus version of the Gravity Bullseye
    Save Up to 60% Off 29Plus, 27Plus Fat Bikes, Mountain Save Up to 60% Off New Bikes

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Interested in this too...the 29Plus.

Assuming you can run regular 29er tires on it, as well as 26*4" fat bike tires? Seems like a great idea...makes it better for year round use

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Thoughts?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    I got the green 27.5+ and I really like it...Only had it a few days, but it seems solid and rides great.. Will let you know more as i get to know it more..

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Why would you get a 27.5 over a 29? Wouldn't the 29 be slightly better (faster) in the summer on a paved mountain /trail with no loss in winter performance?

mtbr member
    Oct 2014

why not try something new?

Quote Originally Posted by lethalsvt View Post
    Why would you get a 27.5 over a 29? Wouldn't the 29 be slightly better (faster) in the summer on a paved mountain /trail with no loss in winter performance?

I feel that 29 is larger than I feel comfy with in dicey situations..Personal preference with nothing to prove..Plus the tires are a bit fatter than the29x3..

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Oh..didn't realize the 27.5 had fatter tires. Definitely something to take into consideration

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lethalsvt View Post
    Oh..didn't realize the 27.5 had fatter tires. Definitely something to take into consideration

What tires are on that bike, the Vee Trax Fatty 27.5x3.25?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeny View Post
    What tires are on that bike, the Vee Trax Fatty 27.5x3.25?
    According to BD's website, yes.

Tires/Tubes 27.5"x3.25 VEE RUBBER TRAX FATTY 72TPI WB TIRES, Schraeder Valve (regular) Tubes

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rex615 View Post
    According to BD's website, yes.

Tires/Tubes 27.5"x3.25 VEE RUBBER TRAX FATTY 72TPI WB TIRES, Schraeder Valve (regular) Tubes
    I know that's what the website says, I'm trying to confirm that's actually what's on the bike, because those tires don't seem to be available yet anywhere else.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeny View Post
    I know that's what the website says, I'm trying to confirm that's actually what's on the bike, because those tires don't seem to be available yet anywhere else.
    Didn't realize they were already "out on the street" so to speak, most of the newer BD stuff has been pre-order.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rex615 View Post
    Didn't realize they were already "out on the street" so to speak, most of the newer BD stuff has been pre-order.
    Slimbean Mcgee above says he has one, that's why I asked. Hopefully he will chime in.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Yep they are out now...

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I still can't see the benefit of less than full fat when using full fat hub and crank. The point of + was to use more standard components. I love the idea of +, but not this version of it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by BATRG3 View Post
    I still can't see the benefit of less than full fat when using full fat hub and crank. The point of + was to use more standard components. I love the idea of +, but not this version of it.
    If I am wrong, you Bike's Direct fans can put me in my place, but I'm pretty sure these Gravity plus bikes are simply the Gravity fat bike with plus wheels thrown on them. I don't consider them a new "style" or "model" of bike. The geo is not designed/optimized around plus use. Would be no different than if you threw the same wheelsets on your fat bike.
    Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Coming from Mn. and only having single speed bikes until now, I chose this bike intending to also pick up a fat wheelset for the winter..Personal pref. led me to 27.5 over 29..Being a single parent on a tight budget and having ridden bikes in winter for 30+ years i am looking for something that works for me and I can afford..The bike does have basically the same geo as the bullseye monster..So be it if you don't like the idea buy what you want and makes you happy..Good day..

mtbr member
    Any more news on these "plus" bikes?
    WTB: Whaddya got in a L or XL steel 29er frame?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by seat_boy View Post
    Any more news on these "plus" bikes?

I got an email from BD today telling me that the 27.5 plus bike will work with 26x 4.0 tires but not 29x 3.0 tires.

I will post a review when mine arrives

mtbr member
    Don't they show them with 29+ in that video montage?

Quote Originally Posted by aireguitar View Post
    I got an email from BD today telling me that the 27.5 plus bike will work with 26x 4.0 tires but not 29x 3.0 tires.

I will post a review when mine arrives
    WTB: Whaddya got in a L or XL steel 29er frame?

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by slimbean mcgee View Post
    I got the green 27.5+ and I really like it...Only had it a few days, but it seems solid and rides great.. Will let you know more as i get to know it more..
    How are you liking it? I'm looking at the 29plus fat... it seems like it would be an all around good bike with all the tire size options.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    If anyone has any experience with the Gravity Bullseye 29 plus I would really love to hear about it, i'm close to pulling the trigger but would like to hear some kind of feedback!

I like the idea of the 3" wide tire for trail riding. Seems like the best of both worlds.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast