Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    May 2008
    Just noticed Cushcore is available in 26" even though every bike media review has stated it's only available in 27 and 29? Not sure why this is but if you go to their site you can buy 26" inserts directly from them. They are selling individual inserts too. Glad I checked their site before buying flat tire defender.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    My favorite 26er tire is probably the Onza Ibex. They have plenty of traction and have pretty good rolling resistance too.

mtbr member
    Kenda make nice cruise tires...Kenda with slime...or Continental.

mtbr member
    can you get onza's with skin walls anywhere?
    Looking for a Medium Scott Scale frame, preferably a 2012 in 26.

weekdays..
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
    Magic Mary?
    Dhr 2 seems better still

edit* For some reason this photo from the last post disappeared
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What are your favorite 26er tires available right now?-2017_mary_dhr21.jpg  

video=youtube;][/video]...

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Michelin is putting out a new 26" tire coming soon according to this.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/frostb...s-sealant.html

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    No love for Panaracer XC Fire Pro 2.1...?

Used to be my go to tire, then upgrade to Nevegal's 2.3, better grip, more plush.
    Love both of these tires.

High Plains Luddite
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by xfimpg View Post
    I'm still running Panaracer XC Fire Pro 26" x 2.1" on my 1993 rigid MTB. They work as well as they always have. I'll buy something else when that set wears out, however - just because I like variety.

I have Forte Dartmoor 26" x 2.0" on my kids' MTBs (they ride MTBs older than they are) and keep meaning to swap wheels sometime so I can give them a try. They look like they would be faster than the knobbies for the dry, hard-packed dirt and gravel here in Colorado but I know looks aren't everything.

Forte tires are a store brand at Performance Bike. The Dartmoors are $20 each, which also makes them attractive to me. Link:

https://www.performancebike.com/shop...d-tire-50-0579

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeeze View Post
    I'm still running Panaracer XC Fire Pro 26" x 2.1" on my 1993 rigid MTB. They work as well as they always have.
    Sounds about right. Slightly better than IRC Mythos. 45 psi is about perfect.

Really, the only problem with 26" tires on what used to be standard frames is the inability to run over 2.4" widths.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Top fav is the DHF 2.3 TR 3C

Close 2nds would be Conti Mountain King black chili, but the sidewalls are thin and casing is questionable if you ride like a jerk.

3rd Schwalbe Hans Dampf trail and pace star. Only because I bought 24 of them when Jenson had them on sale for $9.99. I'm running them tubeless and they seal well but show a lot of wet spots from punctures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What are your favorite 26er tires available right now?-tire-pile-1.jpg  

Hardtail Steel Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by eshew View Post

Close 2nds would be Conti Mountain King black chili, but the sidewalls are thin and casing is questionable if you ride like a jerk.

3rd Schwalbe Hans Dampf trail and pace star. Only because I bought 24 of them when Jenson had them on sale for $9.99. I'm running them tubeless and they seal well but show a lot of wet spots from punctures.
    I regret not stocking up on the NN's and the Hans Dampf's when they had that fire sale. Absolutely crazy how cheap those were and they were the evos...
    WTB: Med Bontrager Ti Lite, PM Me...

Armature speller
    Sep 2004
    Hopefully my next favorite tyres are going to be High Roller 2's.
    They're on the Chameleon and I've got a cheap set of Schwalbe Pro Core to go in when I finally get a new EBB. It's been 3 months now

mtbr member
    All the Conti tires but really like Race King 2'' for dry. Mud King 1.8 for the wet

mtbr member
    I am using the De kaiser project tubeless version. Offers awesome grip and the compound lasts long.

mtbr member
    Kenda Nevegal Pro and/or X Pro for me! 2.1 rear, 2.36 front. Still readily available from Kenda, but deals pop up from time to time when they make changes in rubber. In fact, found the X Pro at Performance Bike this weekend (brick and mortar store) for $25! They're ~$40 at PB online, typically over $60 elsewhere.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by eshew View Post

I saw those deals on the HD. They were clearing them out to get ready for the HD2. Looking forward to reviews of the new version. Good to see Schwalbe is still investing in new 26" molds.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    I got a set of the new Hans Dampf Addix Speedgrips for my ML8. I got to ride it for the first time yesterday and it rolls pretty well with decent grip on hard pack and kinda loose conditions. It's not that great on very loose gravel like the Surly Dirtwizard is though, but it makes up for it with it's lower rolling resistance

I also find that it's a bit narrow. I measure HD at 2.28 inches on i35 rims.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Just picked up a pair of Kenda Kozmik Lite Pro II's and mounted them to an old (2000) set of mavic wheels that I gorilla taped and they both sealed up nicely with stans juice in it. They will be for primarily light duty family rides (kids are 5 and 8) but I do hope to get off road with them soon.

They are replacing IRC Mythos XC tires. That used to be my go to when I used to ride and race back in the early 2000's. Loved that tire but wanted something a little more dual purpose.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by xfimpg View Post

Used to be my go to tire, then upgrade to Nevegal's 2.3, better grip, more plush.
    Love both of these tires.
    Have run both of these in the past...long ago. Tried to run the old school Nevegals tubeless(non tubeless version) and they didn't hold up well. Loved the grip, but sidewalls were thin at the time. Ran the Panaracers on my hardtail and they worked well.

Currently have a Maxxis Ardent 2.4 on the front and an old school WTB on the back(waiting for my backordered Maxxis Ardent 2.25). Ive always had good luck with WTB tires too, but they no longer offer anything that "floats my boat" in a 26" tire.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Maxxis minion dhf 2.3 and new design griffin 2.3, 3cmaxx terra, exo, tr. Available at maxxis internationsl website. Fast rolling and stick. Do not let the size spook you, more than enough tire for most. I run on a diamondback mission

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubcakes View Post
    I got a set of the new Hans Dampf Addix Speedgrips for my ML8. I got to ride it for the first time yesterday and it rolls pretty well with decent grip on hard pack and kinda loose conditions. It's not that great on very loose gravel like the Surly Dirtwizard is though, but it makes up for it with it's lower rolling resistance

I also find that it's a bit narrow. I measure HD at 2.28 inches on i35 rims.
    Did you measure the new HD after it stretched?

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by slimat99 View Post
    Did you measure the new HD after it stretched?
    I measured it after mounting and riding it on a 9 mile trail.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12