Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Results 1,001 to 1,023 of 1023
    mtbr member
    2006 GT aggressor i put the 2x10 and the rest of the gear from my NRS1 onto it whilst doing the bearings on the NRS...

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    20180303_173435 by k2blt, on Flickr

Here's my Prophet MX1. Love it, but may switch back to the Talas 36 and DHX 5.0 air to improve the climbing.

20160802_194651 by k2blt, on Flickr

This is my 1st gen Nomad that needs a new BB and cranks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2018

Special

So, I'm new to the legit mountain bike. All I ever had was Walmart cheapies. Now, I am wanting to get into this so I bought a used decent bike to start out with. 2011 Specialized Hardrock. Im ready to put her to use! Post your 26er Pics-bike.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Went back to my air shock and dropped the stem a bit.

20180323_154630 by k2blt, on Flickr

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Post your 26er Pics-5400995575604322743.jpg

Nothing too much to look at but it gets ridden every day and is definitely the smoothest rolling bike on these streets. I absolutely love this bike

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Jekyll

Even after trying other wheel sizes, I still love this bike.

Post your 26er Pics-dscf9493.jpg
    Post your 26er Pics-jek4.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your 26er Pics-dscf9549.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Here's my 5ft sons bike in trail setup. I'm done messing with it. He's a lil short so hopefully he'll be on it for a while. Weight is just over 25lbs. It's a pretty stout build imo.

Post your 26er Pics-lqtfzitl.jpg

Post your 26er Pics-coqsg2ql.jpg

meow, meow.
    A railed D-Spyder! Nice lifehack.
    26" rigid SS 4130 BB7 nylon-flats ESI latex-tubes non-lubricated-8spd

mtbr member
    What bike is that? And is it set up 26+?
    Looking for a Medium Scott Scale frame, preferably a 2012 in 26.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bridgestone14 View Post
    What bike is that? And is it set up 26+?
    If you're referring to me, that's a FM076 frame with 3.0/2.8 Ranger tires front/rear, its quite Plus'd.

mtbr member
    So I posted this bike on here when it was new in 2005 and used to be a lot more active but just completed a major update in the last few weeks.

It was supposed to be just a new rear wheel, so had a custom one made up and accidentally specc'd an XD compatible rear hub...oops. Well then I HAD TO go 11 speed. Got that all put together and discovered the old AVID Juicy 7's were shot. So....

New hope rear hub, with mavic 719 wheel. Full xt 8000 series stuff 1 x 11. New XT brakes. 8020 front with 203 mm rotor, 8000 series with a 180 in the back. Have had the hope front with mavic 729 in the front for a few years.
    Ghetto tubeless setup and new maxxis tires (rear is on backorder.)

A grand in parts is still cheaper than a new bike...lol, and I kind of like not having a front derailleur.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your 26er Pics-heckler1.jpg  

Post your 26er Pics-heckler-brakes.jpg  

kneecap
    Dec 2003
    Very nice, have a friend who just picked up this same bike slightly used only.
    He's considerably faster on it than his older enduro.

I'm now "heckled" often when we ride together, ha.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kneecap View Post
    Very nice, have a friend who just picked up this same bike slightly used only.
    He's considerably faster on it than his older enduro.

I'm now "heckled" often when we ride together, ha.
    Couldnt afford the Mach 6 I want. This 'll do. Its been a great all around bike. Downieville to the Dakota 5-O and everything in between.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Hi all, recently getting back into riding again has getting way to unfit for my liking, recently got this 2008 Norco 125 (Took a whole day searching on google and bike forums lol) for a decent price (I think?), anyways here it is....

Post your 26er Pics-hoqji8wh.jpg

Here is what I've research so far on what it has on it,

Frame: Norco 125 2008
    Fork: Marzocchi Dirt Jump 2 RV QR-20
    Crank: FSA Gravity Moto X MegaExo
    Brake: Avid Trail 9
    Disc Brakes: Unknown
    Disc Rotors: Unknown
    Chain: Unknown
    Chain Tensioner : DMR Bikes STS
    Stem : Norco?
    Handlebars: Promax original
    Rim Front: Unknown
    Rim Back: CrankBros Cobalt 2
    Tyres: Maxxis Hookworm 26"
    Seat: Pivotal CULT Dehart
    Seat Post: Pivotal 27.2 3D
    Pedals: Wellgo LU-313

meow, meow.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozmtb87 View Post
    Hi all, recently getting back into riding again has getting way to unfit for my liking, recently got this 2008 Norco 125 (Took a whole day searching on google and bike forums lol) for a decent price (I think?), anyways here it is....
    DJ bikes can be very fun and versatile.

I can see a few priority upgrades there. First, much lighter tires, unless you're after Hookworms specifically. Then, a dedicated SS rear wheel to ditch the tensioner, or an RD on the current one, because the dangly roller thing down there could as well be a shifty dangly roller thing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Random Psycho View Post
    DJ bikes can be very fun and versatile.

I can see a few priority upgrades there. First, much lighter tires, unless you're after Hookworms specifically. Then, a dedicated SS rear wheel to ditch the tensioner, or an RD on the current one, because the dangly roller thing down there could as well be a shifty dangly roller thing.
    Cheers for the replay man, total bike noob here, haven't been on a bike for 10-15 or so years now lol (last bike was a target special full suspension bike) so yeah any parts on the bike are new to me, I added some more pics to my album folder, shows the parts off more...
    Riding a 2008 Norco 125

meow, meow.
    You're welcome!

That roller tensioner above the chainring is seriously old school, and is also not needed with a true singlespeed setup this frame can run. I guess the previous owner had to make do with this geared-specific wheel that's not intended for track ends. The QR skewer isn't clamping hard enough to prevent axle slip, so it's slammed all the way forward and the chain slack and wear are compensated for by the rollers.

The cockpit might be too low with a flat bar but it's totally up to your preferences.

You may also want to check the fork function and maybe overhaul it. People tend to neglect forks on their jump/play bikes.

mtbr member
    You're welcome!

That roller tensioner above the chainring is seriously old school, and is also not needed with a true singlespeed setup this frame can run. I guess the previous owner had to make do with this geared-specific wheel that's not intended for track ends. The QR skewer isn't clamping hard enough to prevent axle slip, so it's slammed all the way forward and the chain slack and wear are compensated for by the rollers.

The cockpit might be too low with a flat bar but it's totally up to your preferences.

You may also want to check the fork function and maybe overhaul it. People tend to neglect forks on their jump/play bikes.
    ah ok yeah I did a decent ride of it yesterday and the back wheel kept moving to the left, was thinking I wasn't tighting it hard enough, but I get to the tightest point the lever down to clamp down, any tighter and I feel like I'm gonna snap it lol....and yeah that roller thing at the crank doesn't seem to do much except make a rolling sound, crank has some sort of crackling to it also, and not sure if the back axle is seized a little or brakes are on too tight has when you free roll the wheel off the ground, it will stop faster then the front wheel does...

Regarding the forks, they don't move at all, feels like I have a none front suspension bike, seized or just adjusted to be that way???

Overall when I got it I knew I would need to put some attention to it, but for $100AUD think it was a ok deal (Second Hand store I got it from has no clue what brand/model it was)
    Riding a 2008 Norco 125

meow, meow.
    If the rear brake is dragging then it should be audible as a permanent rubbing sound the disc makes as it passes through the caliper. With wheel misalignment in the track ends, disc rubbing is very likely.

If memory serves, that fork model has "air preload" feature and a crappy, failure prone Chinese rebound cartridge. The Schrader valve that can be seen on the top cap is the air preload. Release air and check compression. If the fork still won't move, then it's likely the damper that's failed. It can be fixed by an open-bath conversion achieved by drilling it carefully with 1.5 mm drill bit in very specific places, and locking down the floating piston inside. Either way the fork should be overhauled, and a failed damper will be obvious upon disassembly as it's the only assembly that won't compress.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018

mtbr member
    If the rear brake is dragging then it should be audible as a permanent rubbing sound the disc makes as it passes through the caliper. With wheel misalignment in the track ends, disc rubbing is very likely.

If memory serves, that fork model has "air preload" feature and a crappy, failure prone Chinese rebound cartridge. The Schrader valve that can be seen on the top cap is the air preload. Release air and check compression. If the fork still won't move, then it's likely the damper that's failed. It can be fixed by an open-bath conversion achieved by drilling it carefully with 1.5 mm drill bit in very specific places, and locking down the floating piston inside. Either way the fork should be overhauled, and a failed damper will be obvious upon disassembly as it's the only assembly that won't compress.
    Yeah I press the valve and no air came out lol, back brake seems to be ok, no noise when coasting and what not, lever is smooth and are super touchy, almost came off a few times since I'm not used to them (first disc brake bike)...

The single speed is something to get used to, feel like I just on a big ass BMX lol...
    Riding a 2008 Norco 125

mtbr member

Gary Fisher "Recaliber"

Finally with stickers...
    And he runs alone, without even an e-motor
    It suffices with a slight side breeze
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your 26er Pics-img_0921.jpg  

Post your 26er Pics-img_0929.jpg  

Post your 26er Pics-img_0930.jpg  

Post your 26er Pics-img_0931.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2018