mtbr member
    Apr 2013

New thrift store find

Not too shabby for $10
    Needs tubes and that's all.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Nice! That's a survivor with the dork disk and reflectors still installed.

You'll get some e-stay love if you post that in the VRC forum.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Like those $10 bikes!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdenver1961 View Post
    Like those $10 bikes!
    But if they need tires, seat, grips, chain, etc, you end up spending more than if you just went to Walmart and got a new one.
    Last edited by MudSnow; 04-12-2018 at 01:01 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Nice deal!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by MudSnow View Post
    But if they need tires, seat, grips, chain, etc, you end up spending more than if you just went to Walmart and got a new one.
    But a Wal-Mart piece of crap can't hold a candle to this fine piece of history. How many Wal-Mart bikes will be roling after 20 years of abuse?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    A brand new Walmart bike compared to this will have a stronger frame, nearly identical wheels with cheap ball and cone bearings in the hubs and bottom bracket, indexed shifters, maybe disc brakes, and threadless 1 1/8" steer tube enabling upgrade to lots of great forks.
    Last edited by MudSnow; 04-13-2018 at 06:18 AM.

mtbr member
    A brand new Walmart bike compared to this will have a stronger frame, nearly identical wheels, indexed shifters, maybe disc brakes, and threadless 1 1/8" steer tube enabling upgrade to lots of great forks.
    Not even close, the quality of THIS frame is so far beyond the quality of any Wally bike. Brakes, crank and the rigid fork would all be upgrades over one as well.

Falcon shifters on Wally bike do not work even when adjusted correctly, the disc brake are throw aways just like the wheel.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by LargeMan View Post
    Not even close, the quality of THIS frame is so far beyond the quality of any Wally bike.
    Really? Is it even chromoly or just another one of the millions of bikes made out of Chinese pot-metal? The frame is an engineering nightmare with many extra points of stress and weakness that shouldn't be there.
    Last edited by MudSnow; 04-12-2018 at 01:03 AM.

Class Clown
    walmart lol

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Really? Is it even chromoly or just another one of the millions of bikes made out of Chinese pot-metal? The frame is an engineering nightmare with many extra points of stress and weakness that shouldn't be there.
    Regardless of the points of stress this will be an easy rider for years. Totally classic rad for $10, hell even $100.

You're ranking of this bike below a walmart bike has me questioning your sanity.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    All I am saying is when you go buy some crappy old bike for $10 off Craigslist or whatever, by the time you replace the tubes, tires, seat, grips, chain, etc, you've spent over $150 on some 30 year old department store Chinese pot-metal with prehistoric Chinese friction shifters, crappy brakes, gritty cone bearing hubs, and a 1" threaded steer tube that prevents you from ever having a good fork on it.
    Last edited by MudSnow; 04-12-2018 at 01:04 AM.

roots, rocks, rhythm
    Nice find!
    Wally just sells crap.....throw away $hit.
    97' Brodie Expresso
    00' Turner RFX
    08' Turner RFX
    13' Surly Troll
    15' Surly ICT

Rides all the bikes!
    I was given a 1985 Bridgestone 600 (road bike).

I put 10,000 miles on that bike. Could a Wal-Mart do that? Maybe

Was a $100 (plus maintenance) or so I put into that bike worth it? Yes

Cycologist
    Nishiki was a Japanese brand. They were manufactured in Japan then in the late 80s by Giant in Taiwan. The brand has been resurrected somewhat recently and sold at Dick's.

So no, that is not a Chinese pot metal bike. Better bike than a Wally World one. OP said it just needs tubes; great deal for $10.
    There are two types of people in this world:
    1) Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

mtbr member
    that thing is awesome

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Sweet! I remember those, the Alien right?, should be all Tange CroMo, and that looks like LX? I never cared for those big plastic brake levers, but everything else is rideable.
    I once got a Univega with full 3x6 XT for $14, and a MB-1 for $17.
    carry clippers! cut something off the trail every time you ride.

mtbr member
    nah...nishiki was a POS bike, and still is...

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I've been looking for a Nishiki Alien or Haro Extreme to pop up for a while now. They're still $300-500 on ebay. Elevated chainstays are sweet and unique!

These are actually good quality bikes. Much better then contemporary WalMart crap.

Sorry MudSnow...there are still great bikes out there that were born in the 80's and 90's that will always be better than cheap Chinese junk.

I'd also love to get a Schwinn Homegrown hardtail. Those were awesome! Due to the anemic knowledge base of the contemporary biker...and since they sold out to Pacific and people don't even know that Schwinn made some killer bikes in the early years...they can be had at a decent price.

Sure, they won't cover trail as fast as a modern dually, but there are people out there that are just looking for a unique ride to be in the woods on. The Alien is one of them!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chelboed View Post
    I've been looking for a Nishiki Alien or Haro Extreme to pop up for a while now. They're still $300-500 on ebay. Elevated chainstays are sweet and unique!

These are actually good quality bikes. Much better then contemporary WalMart crap.

Sorry MudSnow...there are still great bikes out there that were born in the 80's and 90's that will always be better than cheap Chinese junk.

I'd also love to get a Schwinn Homegrown hardtail. Those were awesome! Due to the anemic knowledge base of the contemporary biker...and since they sold out to Pacific and people don't even know that Schwinn made some killer bikes in the early years...they can be had at a decent price.

Sure, they won't cover trail as fast as a modern dually, but there are people out there that are just looking for a unique ride to be in the woods on. The Alien is one of them!
    Clearly Mudsnow doesn't have a clue about where we came from...

As far as the Homegrown... They're out there. I'm in possession of a couple of them and yes, they are as good as you've heard.
    One gear is all you need.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by chelboed View Post

Well if the price is right I'll sell the bike minus wheels and tires. Pm me

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckha62 View Post
    Clearly Mudsnow doesn't have a clue about where we came from...
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

No, I am very familiar with what utter crap, overweight, hard to shift, terrible ergonomics, ball-crushing history that we came from!

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaslo View Post
    nah...nishiki was a POS bike, and still is...
    And a wally is not? Gtfo and stop spoiling the thread.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Nishiki was my first bike that I "restored" when I first got into rebuilding bikes. Eventually made it a fixie. Good find!

mtbr member
    I honestly hope you are just simply trolling for attention on this. The OP's bike, a 1989 Nishiki Alien btw if I'm not mistaken, was designed by Richard Cunningham and was built with Tange Prestige tubing. At the time, it was one of the most highly regarded tube sets to build with. I built quite a few bikes with it myself in the late 80's into the mid 90's. Worst case scenario is it's the next model down and built with Tange No1 tubing, also excellent. Nishiki was also a very well regarded Japanese manufacturer (I believe they are owned by Giant now..or built by Giant). Also at the time, just like what everyone will be saying about our bikes nearly 30 years from now, it was a perfect example of how designers were playing with different ideas....which, is exactly WHY we have the bikes we have today. If my opening statement is not the case, please, please catch up on your MTB history.
    The member formerly known as Redtires....

Braille Riding Instructor
    Jan 2008
    Interesting piece of history, Josh. Never seen chainstays like that.

mtbr member
    May 2016
    I come across those EC Aliens from time to time on the list of Craig, I myself actually had a '92 or '93 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo that was very similar with a matte orange paint job, such a cool looking bike! The neat thing was for such an old bike, it could still stuff a 2.5" tire with ease.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    My first mtn bike was a Nishiki in about 1991

Co Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Handlebar View Post
    I honestly hope you are just simply trolling for attention on this. The OP's bike, a 1989 Nishiki Alien btw if I'm not mistaken, was designed by Richard Cunningham and was built with Tange Prestige tubing. At the time, it was one of the most highly regarded tube sets to build with. I built quite a few bikes with it myself in the late 80's into the mid 90's. Worst case scenario is it's the next model down and built with Tange No1 tubing, also excellent. Nishiki was also a very well regarded Japanese manufacturer (I believe they are owned by Giant now..or built by Giant). Also at the time, just like what everyone will be saying about our bikes nearly 30 years from now, it was a perfect example of how designers were playing with different ideas....which, is exactly WHY we have the bikes we have today. If my opening statement is not the case, please, please catch up on your MTB history.
    +
    Quote Originally Posted by hdparrish View Post
    Interesting piece of history, Josh. Never seen chainstays like that.
    Yeah, I don't get the Nishiki / Wally bike analogy at all. Having some trust in what's under foot and other body parts is exactly why most can relax and enjoy the ride, if not ride better and faster with confidence.

I always thought they had solid history even if they went big Sports box store a bit these days. Those are probably some of the most seen bikes around these parts at rummage or thrift stores and still look very solid and full of life if not for a few tweaks.

Pennies on the dollar Man, a good way to fund another ride option or spare bike.

Last edited by bachman1961; 04-22-2018 at 12:21 AM.
    In the Middle Ages, the biggest mistake was not putting on your armor because you were 'just going down to the corner.'

mtbr member
    My first mountain bike was a 1989 Nashiki also. I really don't miss it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bachman1961 View Post
    +

...even if they went big Sports box store a bit these days....

I read somewhere that Dick's Sporting Goods bought the selling rights or something like that in 2010. Considering I haven't been in one of their stores for something like 20 years..... I honestly don't even know if they're still imported to the states.

Co Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by MSU Alum View Post
    My first mountain bike was a 1989 Nashiki also. I really don't miss it.

My early gen HardRock still hangs around with a meatier tire and a few changes, the bike that got me started in 1990.

There isn't much remarkable about most of them old bikes. When I do see the Gary Fisher early 2000's and late 80's Trek, Nish or Spec for $15 to $40, it does remind of some car commercials;

x % still on the road after 10 years (15 or 20).
    In the Middle Ages, the biggest mistake was not putting on your armor because you were 'just going down to the corner.'

mtbr member
    A brand new Walmart bike compared to this will have a stronger frame, nearly identical wheels with cheap ball and cone bearings in the hubs and bottom bracket, indexed shifters, maybe disc brakes, and threadless 1 1/8" steer tube enabling upgrade to lots of great forks.

Yes, not all of Walmart's bikes are worse than this one. Unfortunately the vast majority of their bikes that could actually handle a trail are discontinued/out of stock. The only one left standing is the $150 Kent RCT 27.5" and that still has a lot of problems right out of the box, no pun intended. But I'd take that Kent, with its crappy brakes, essentially rigid fork, bolt-on wheels, and heavy aluminum frame any day over the Nishiki. I had it for 5 months before the frame cracked but it actually did trails, dangerously, slowly, awkwardly, but it did them.
    ABSU: Arrogantly executing mythological occult metal since 1991.

mtbr member
    All I am saying is when you go buy some crappy old bike for $10 off Craigslist or whatever, by the time you replace the tubes, tires, seat, grips, chain, etc, you've spent over $150 on some 30 year old department store Chinese pot-metal with prehistoric Chinese friction shifters, crappy brakes, gritty cone bearing hubs, and a 1" threaded steer tube that prevents you from ever having a good fork on it.

No guys, he's right. There are multiple levels of crap. And some of them rise to the top of the crap heap and are a relatively lesser crap bike than the one posted. They are still crap but they are a better version of crap, and if you have to ride crap you want to ride better crap than lesser crap.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    Nishiki was a Japanese brand. They were manufactured in Japan then in the late 80s by Giant in Taiwan. The brand has been resurrected somewhat recently and sold at Dick's.

So no, that is not a Chinese pot metal bike. Better bike than a Wally World one. OP said it just needs tubes; great deal for $10.

But doesn't it depend on where he rides it? Street = fine. Trails with a thin rigid fork and rim brakes? I dunno if that's a good idea.

mtbr member
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

No, I am very familiar with what utter crap, overweight, hard to shift, terrible ergonomics, ball-crushing history that we came from!

LOL all bikes at this level have problems. I know too. I'm having to add over $600 in upgrades to a $270 Walmart bike (purchased via Amazon) to even get it to how I like it. I could have just bought a $900 bike new that was a lot nicer to begin with.

If you guys have an emotional attachment to older bikes, that's great. But look at the actual bike components before instantly condemning cheaper Chinese bikes. Most of them have a mix of real Shimano components with some cheaper in-home components, just like a lot of the older more familiar bikes do. Whatever old or cheap bike you have, it's pretty cheap to upgrade components so if you like the bike then go for it, no one but your wallet (and maybe your wife) is stopping you. It's all good.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by richj8990 View Post
    But doesn't it depend on where he rides it? Street = fine. Trails with a thin rigid fork and rim brakes? I dunno if that's a good idea.
    I had to lol at this a bit. When did you start riding mountain bikes? I mean...for decades people raced the crap out of bikes with no (or little) suspension and rim brakes. Sorry, not an intentional "dig" at you....but vintage mtb's are perfectly capable as long as you know how to ride them. Just as fast and advanced as modern, probably not, but still trail worthy.

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    LOL all bikes at this level have problems. I know too. I'm having to add over $600 in upgrades to a $270 Walmart bike (purchased via Amazon) to even get it to how I like it.
    I hope those upgrades included a new seatpost clamp!

Cycologist
    Yes, not all of Walmart's bikes are worse than this one. Unfortunately the vast majority of their bikes that could actually handle a trail are discontinued/out of stock. The only one left standing is the $150 Kent RCT 27.5" and that still has a lot of problems right out of the box, no pun intended. But I'd take that Kent, with its crappy brakes, essentially rigid fork, bolt-on wheels, and heavy aluminum frame any day over the Nishiki. I had it for 5 months before the frame cracked but it actually did trails, dangerously, slowly, awkwardly, but it did them.
    So yours lasted 5 months, his Nishiki has lasted something like 30 years. Granted, with the dork disk and reflectors still intact, this one may not have been ridden hard. But this is pretty much what mountain bikes used to be. My first bike was a Univega with cantilevers and a metal fork. I rode it pretty hard through some big rocks areas and it held up. I was usually bleeding by the end of the ride due to crashing on those rocks. Yes, we couldn't just totally bomb through like a lot of riders do now, picking a line and riding slower were just how it was.

No guys, he's right. There are multiple levels of crap. And some of them rise to the top of the crap heap and are a relatively lesser crap bike than the one posted. They are still crap but they are a better version of crap, and if you have to ride crap you want to ride better crap than lesser crap.
    OP said all it needed was new tubes.

If expecting to ride like people ride today, just bombing through, then yes, I'd stick to the street. But it is plenty rideable as bikes were ridden when it was manufactured, and there are still plenty of people around riding rigid bikes. A lot of trails are the same ones people were riding thirty years ago. Rim brakes were the standard for a very long time. Your dislike and lack of confidence for rim brakes probably stems from your experience with poorly performing rim brakes that come on big box bikes. Which is an example of why people here don't like big box bikes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    This is like the widest tire thread lol.

Co Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmokingman View Post
    This is like the widest tire thread lol.
    Good stuff huh ?

I'll agree with one point mentioned, when the bike frame cracks, it's 'the bike'.

When 'it does trails slow and awkward' ......

I see modern-day bike complaints, cracked frames etc... but it doesn't seem to define the entire line by most reports.

** In fact, with positive warranty or service outcomes, it's good to see or test these experiences sometimes so consumers know who stands behind their products and promises.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I wouldn't give anything worse than a Motobecane to a beggar.
    Last edited by MudSnow; 04-24-2018 at 03:07 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I wouldn't give anything worse than a Motobecane to a beggar.
    No one gives a shit.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    So why exactly are we making fun of a bike that old because it can't keep up with modern bikes some 30 years later? Oh, right. The bike snob police came to town. smh

I'd ride that as a commuter all day long with its nice steel frame, happy knowing it'll probably keep on tickin' for a long time to come.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by noapathy View Post
    The bike snob police came to town. smh
    Even better, bike snobs on junk bikes.

I'd take that Nishiki over some Wally World Frankenbike all day, any day.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by slapheadmofo View Post
    I'd take that Nishiki over some Wally World Frankenbike all day, any day.
    So you guys prefer the bike with junk shifters and gears, crap rim brakes, skinny heavy rims, cheap ball bearings, and a 1" threaded head tube instead of the bike with junk shifters and gears, crap disc brakes, skinny heavy rims, cheap ball bearings, and a 1 1/8" threadless head tube. Got it. I totally understand now.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    So you guys prefer the bike with junk shifters and gears, crap rim brakes, skinny heavy rims, cheap ball bearings, and a 1" threaded head tube instead of the bike with junk shifters and gears, crap disc brakes, skinny heavy rims, cheap ball bearings, and a 1 1/8" threadless head tube. Got it. I totally understand now.
    Boy you took my thread and destroyed what was a good thrift store find and turned it into an argument. Please shut up with your opinion and keep it to yourself.

Why don't you get on your bike of whatever brand and enjoy the outdoors! Notice how that wasn't a request?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Thompson View Post
    Boy you took my thread and destroyed what was a good thrift store find and turned it into an argument. Please shut up with your opinion and keep it to yourself.

Why don't you get on your bike of whatever brand and enjoy the outdoors! Notice how that wasn't a request?

Solid advice.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

High Plains Luddite
    Apr 2015
    OP, that's a sweet bike and a heck of a great deal. I hope you have fun riding, restoring, and/or whatever you end up doing with it.

It's too bad some internet tough guys have nothing better to do than come in here and crap on your cool bike.

mtbr member
    My first mountain bike was a Nishiki Colorado. It was a great bike. Rode the shit out of it for years. Mostly Anadel state park. Super hard on bikes. We rode in hiking boots and jeans back then too. Love that straight fork.
    I'm sick of all the Irish stereotypes, as soon as I finish this beer I"m punching someone

Co Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiantsfan View Post
    My first mountain bike was a Nishiki Colorado. It was a great bike. Rode the shit out of it for years. Mostly Anadel state park. Super hard on bikes. We rode in hiking boots and jeans back then too. Love that straight fork.
    Those memories and experiences of the first rides and bike are burnt in.
    Most of the time, they weren't the hot ticket expensive or elaborate bike and yet it was the bike that started it all.

A few here even stated it was their first branded bike and even if not a great review, it speaks volumes that decades later, some of us in our 50's, 60's and up took heart and are still out there pedaling.
    If some don't have the sense to credit that first bike or are too 'sophisticated' or elitist to admit it, they are ALL hat and no cattle.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bachman1961 View Post
    Those memories and experiences of the first rides and bike are burnt in.
    Most of the time, they weren't the hot ticket expensive or elaborate bike and yet it was the bike that started it all.

A few here even stated it was their first branded bike and even if not a great review, it speaks volumes that decades later, some of us in our 50's, 60's and up took heart and are still out there pedaling.
    If some don't have the sense to credit that first bike or are too 'sophisticated' or elitist to admit it, they are ALL hat and no cattle.

That reminded me of my first love, an 86 Peugeot Ventoux. I put nearly 20K miles on it from 13 to 18yrs old. Then it got stolen... rip.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmokingman View Post
    That reminded me of my first love, an 86 Peugeot Ventoux. I put nearly 20K miles on it from 13 to 18yrs old. Then it got stolen... rip.
    Mine was my first ever mtn bike 1993 schwinn high plains. Rode to the ends of the earth and back. Zero suspension but who really needed it back then? More likely who could afford it haha

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I'd have spent ten bucks on that bike

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Thompson View Post

Enjoy your thrift market find. The only reason the troll continued to eat is because people were feeding him S*** and the troll was hungry for attention. lol. Some people and their walmart fantasies.

mtbr member
    that is all true,
    but,

$100 is what I had in my $39.95 Value Village bike before I went on a 6 week tour down the pacific coast. What about hiking? How much do you want to spend on a bike that you stach in the woods for 5 or 10 days while you walk in a National park. What about visiting the library or store, do they steal things where you live? You can not park a $3,000 bike on the side walk in Seattle. An Abus lock aint good enough. A lot of the $10 bikes are missing wheels. What if you payed $200 and something for the hub and $80 or $110 for the rim. Spokes are what 75 cents or so, each. Those old 1995 Joytec hubs are not that bad if you take them apart clean them add new bearings and cones and fresh grease. If you do not know how, a $10 cycle is a good place to learn.

By all means get a fine bicycle, also have a $10 bike for shopping and hiking and such.

95 was a good year for steel mt bikes. As mt bikes they are not the best, but they have nearly the same geometry as a modern touring bike. and work just fine for around town.

A bicycle rides better if you strip it down to the frame and rebuild it with your own 2 hands.

mtbr member
    excellent buy. Plus leave for a while and clean then sell for a profit

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I'm thinking if I find a decent thrift shop MB with nice wheels, I may buy a WM one and transfer the wheels. None of the WM bikes have QR hubs.

mtbr member
    I'd ride my SS Nishiki Backwoods with a few parts bin upgrades over anything walmart sells. Oh, wait, I already do that. Slapped a set of the $10 Schwalbes I picked up when Jenson was blowing them out along with newer saddle, cranks, bars, and BB I had laying around and a set of new brake pads and its a fun little ripper. Great when you want to scare yourself again trying to go fast on old school geo like BITD.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I work at walmart and have assembled bikes..... those bikes are crap..... some need repairs right out of the box.....that nishiki is an iconic bike.....I have been mountain biking the better part of 30 years....I would ride that on trails before any walmart bike.... most wheels on the walmart bikes have freewheels.... you could ride one on the trails if you have a big pile of them in your back yard......I have ridden a rigid cannondale m400 on trails back in the day before v brakes and a 96 raleigh M-80 with a RS Q21R fork on it on trails as well..... you dont need full suspension and disc brakes to ride trails.....to me they cover for some lack of skill... on hardtail or rigid you have to pick better lines.... give me an old steel or aluminum bike with front suspension and rim brakes any day.....
    97 specialized rockhopper.- urban beater
    2013 GT aggressor 3.0- urban assault vehicle

Stand-up philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by rockhopper97 View Post
    I work at walmart and have assembled bikes..... those bikes are crap..... some need repairs right out of the box.....that nishiki is an iconic bike.....I have been mountain biking the better part of 30 years....I would ride that on trails before any walmart bike.... most wheels on the walmart bikes have freewheels.... you could ride one on the trails if you have a big pile of them in your back yard......I have ridden a rigid cannondale m400 on trails back in the day before v brakes and a 96 raleigh M-80 with a RS Q21R fork on it on trails as well..... you dont need full suspension and disc brakes to ride trails.....to me they cover for some lack of skill... on hardtail or rigid you have to pick better lines.... give me an old steel or aluminum bike with front suspension and rim brakes any day.....
    And an excessive use of periods.................................

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    --
    stephen

no one can appreciate the poor misunderstood

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by drwx View Post

I'll allow them lol

No known cure
    Classic. In the late 80s I was racing DH on a thin rigid fork and rim brakes.
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

Cycologist
    Quote Originally Posted by drwx View Post

I guess they are supposed to be ellipses.

Which aren't a string of three periods but rather a character:

vs

But most people don't know how to type the actual character and a lot don't seem to realize that there are only three dots. And I'm sure most don't care about this.

He's not the first to write that way, I guess it is supposed to indicate a stream of consciousness thing.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    I guess they are supposed to be ellipses.
    I never knew that ellipses is he plural of ellipsis.

Factoid of the day!
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

Part Scavenger
    Jun 2018
    This was a dumpster find 2 days ago.
    New thrift store find-20180605_201526.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2013