mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Chumba Evo bearings

I have been hunting for what size bearings I need to order for my chumba Evo frame. Does anyone know off hand so I can order them without disassembling the bike.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    If no one chimes in with exact sizes I would contact these guys. They list a kit for one Chumba model, I'm sure you can order up a la carte too.

https://www.endurobearings.com/wp-co...pensioncat.pdf

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I sent them a message but haven't heard back. I wish there was a database of this information for all the frames out there. It's so hard to find seatpost sizes and clamp sizes and bearing sizes.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ajkirton View Post
    I sent them a message but haven't heard back. I wish there was a database of this information for all the frames out there. It's so hard to find seatpost sizes and clamp sizes and bearing sizes.
    Auto industry has something like that... I agree, it would be sweet if bikes could start doing that as well. Plenty of old bikes have rolled through my collection. I love the challenge of "its too old, not worth it" and then fixing it anyway.
    Deflated Cyclestuff-
    random junk/old collection of new-old-refurbished parts/bikes for sale on eBay

FATTrailer for the kiddo

mtbr member
    It only takes a few minutes to unbolt linkages to check the size. Wouldn't need to really tear much down.

I've been burned by bad info from databases and even manufacturers. It's too easy to not verify yourself.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ajkirton View Post
    They've always been good with service for me over the years. I contact them through real world cycling. That's endurobearings retail outlet.

http://www.enduroforkseals.com

I agree with one pivot, it's easy enough to measure your bearings. If you don't have digital calipers you can find them for cheap. Just incase you haven't tried, it's pretty amazing what simply popping the outer seal, cleaning and regressing can do for gritty or even seized up pivot bearings. Unless the races are gouged, I rehab rather than replace.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I spoke with the them today. I am pulling the bike apart to measure the bearings. Do I need to press the bearings out to measure them?

I figure while I have it all apart I will strip the paint off and "raw" out the frame.

Dave's not here.
    No need to remove the bearings. Just get the number off the seal and match it to the bearings on Real World Cycling's website.
    Yo no hablo inglÚs

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Gave them all of the bearing sizes. Also stripped the frame to raw. Now if I can only find a frame sticker pack.

The build:
    Chumba Evo
    Fox dhx 5.0
    Fox float 140
    Chris king/ mavic 817 wheelset
    Race face deus cranks
    Avid juicy 7 brakes
    Sram 9.0 rear derailleur
    Xt front derailleur
    Chris king headset
    Fsa carbon bars
    Fsa carbon seatpost