mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Chinese 26" frame build up for Kids XC race bike

Built this carbon 26” up for my 12yr old. He out grew his 24" Felt. So we put together a new bike using a combination of new and old 26" parts. Small frame from EBAY, My old Mavics, SID, and misc carbon parts, and the new XT groupset was new from Chainreaction.

Overall very happy and he loves it. The frame was perfect and was delivered within 10 days of order! The XT from Chainreaction came in 3 days…but you don’t get any packaging or true instructions.
    The overall assembly took about 2 hours to get it perfect and ready to ride. Just at 20lbs - I know the colors aren't the best but it only needs to make it a few years until he's taller

Chinese 26" frame build up for Kids XC race bike-img_7937a.jpgChinese 26" frame build up for Kids XC race bike-img_7938a.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    nice. and i like the colors. frankenbike ! Can you post a list of new parts and where you sourced them from? I would like to do a project like this with my nephew.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    ^^Grats on the build. Its looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Anger View Post
    nice. and i like the colors. frankenbike ! Can you post a list of new parts and where you sourced them from? I would like to do a project like this with my nephew.
    You guys should check out the Family subforum. There are lots of similar threads like the below.

Tideace Fm-M001 14" 26er carbon HT build

Is it winter yet?
    May 2007
    Almost positive that's the frame I got for my daughter, except hers is unpainted. I originally bought a SLX 1x11 groupset to update my old 26 full suspension for her, then decided the frame was too heavy and went with this frame. Ready to ride, hers came out to 21lbs.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Anger View Post
    The only real NEW parts were:
    the Frame, $199? shipped in 10 days or so
    the XT groupset Appx $500 from Chainreaction in 3 days
    misc stuff from fleabay new cheap (tires)

Bike wasnt silly cheap to build since in all reality its got a worldcup fork from years past and mavix SL wheels.

He has a good 100 miles on it now and its mint.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chansen View Post
    Almost positive that's the frame I got for my daughter, except hers is unpainted. I originally bought a SLX 1x11 groupset to update my old 26 full suspension for her, then decided the frame was too heavy and went with this frame. Ready to ride, hers came out to 21lbs.
    The frame did come in black but my son thought colors were cool online. It would look good just black matt finish.

Barely in control
    Very nice. My dad also got me super nice bikes when I was that age and I have always appreciated it.