mtbr member
    Jun 2018

Can I go with wider tires?

Hello all, I have a Fuji Nevada Comp 1.3 and I've been really enjoying the bike. I've been doing some black diamond stuff and it's held up far better than I ever anticipated it would, but as a motorcyclist I know how wider tires just feel better and safer around turns and what not. Some of the close calls I've had are around patches of sand around turns where I feel I might wipe out. My current tires are Schwalbe Black Jack, 26" x 2.1" on Vera Eos, 26" x 2.1" wheels.

My question is can I put Maxxis Larsen TT 26x2.35" tires on these Vera Eos wheels without issue?

Pro Crastinator
    considering that Maxxis tires run small for their listed size, i'd bet the two tires are almost exactly the same width already...

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Wow so because of your statement I actually put the Maxxis on top of the Schwalbe to compare tread and the tread pattern is actually narrower on the Maxxis. Oh well, so much for that idea.

Special Ed
    Cormega;

We just bought a bike to cannibalize some parts for my son's bike build-up. It came with Kenda Nevegal Pro tires on it. 2.5" for the rear and 2.35" for the front.

He wanted to try them out on his bike instead of the 2.1" that we had. The rear just barely fits his cromo hardtail. I don't know anything about these tires but the user reviews on here appear to be alright or typical with other brands. He loves them and even recently got 3rd for his age group in a race after only riding with them once before.

I gave it a try for just a short ride and was impressed. I can try and measure the actual width if you're interested.
    'Things you own...begin owning you.'