Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    13

    Angle set for 2014 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon EVO?

    I have checked with Cane Creek and their angle set will not fit my bike and am having no luck with Specialized either. Does anyone know where I might be able to get an angle set to change my HA by 1 degree?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dirkpitt74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    45
    https://www.workscomponents.co.uk

    Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkpitt74 View Post
    https://www.workscomponents.co.uk

    Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    I looked at these and not sure they will fit my integrated headset... that seems to be the challenge.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dirkpitt74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    45
    Not sure if you can get them for integrated head sets.
    What about offset bushes for the shock? You could achieve the same.

    https://www.offsetbushings.com

    Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkpitt74 View Post
    Not sure if you can get them for integrated head sets.
    What about offset bushes for the shock? You could achieve the same.

    https://www.offsetbushings.com

    Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    I checked with works components and sounds like no one makes an offset for IS head tubes. So if I do offset bushings on my rear shock, it will provide a similar change in head angle? Thanks by the way, I am a long time rider but new to working on my own bike with any modifications.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dirkpitt74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    45
    Yes, depending on what size bushes your shock takes it'll slacken the head angle varying degrees with single or a pair.
    Have a look at this:
    https://www.offsetbushings.com/pages/how-they-work
    It does drop the BB but that's the trade off with both methods.

    Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkpitt74 View Post
    Yes, depending on what size bushes your shock takes it'll slacken the head angle varying degrees with single or a pair.
    Have a look at this:
    https://www.offsetbushings.com/pages/how-they-work
    It does drop the BB but that's the trade off with both methods.

    Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Thanks again for your help! I have already ordered the offset bushing (offsetbushings.com) was great to work with, they made it easy to make sure I was getting the right size. Can't wait to see how noticeable the head angle change is!

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dirkpitt74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    45
    Glad to have helped.

    Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-27-2016, 09:39 PM
  2. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-19-2015, 06:57 AM
  3. Specialized Stumpjumper fsr expert evo 26" 2014
    By TomTrail in forum All Mountain
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-11-2013, 10:54 PM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-23-2013, 01:08 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-19-2012, 09:26 PM

Members who have read this thread: 15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

mtbr.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.