mtbr member
    Nov 2008

006 RS Tora Dust Seal Issue

So...I decided to service the Tora but it turns out that I don't have the standard dust seals / foam rings.
    I can't find much info concerning whether I can replace the current seals with the standard dust seals / foam rings or where I can find the appropriate seals.

Any help would be appreciated...

I'll update with pics soon.
    Last edited by conradcliff; 06-13-2018 at 08:12 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Also, while trying to pull the seals out (which are much harder than the standard seals) I accidentally pulled off one of the internal retaining spring rings.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Ok, here are the images of my current seals and the retaining spring that popped out while I was trying to remove them.

006 RS Tora Dust Seal Issue-20180613_224457.jpg

006 RS Tora Dust Seal Issue-20180613_224521.jpg

Here is a link to a forum post where it seems someone is dealing with the same thing: https://singletrackworld.com/forum/t...are-the-foams/

I'm going to keep researching but if anyone could chime in it would be super appreciated.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Well, I was able to get the spring retainer back in but I've notices that there is a small tear in the seal now. I tried very carefully to pry the seals out but there doesn't seem to be a way to do it with conventional tools without damaging the seals further.

Would be awesome if anyone could chime in with some info.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Kind of hard to tell from your photos, but could you possibly have the seals that are 2 rubber seals per leg with a thinner wiper on them? I had a reba once that had that setup, and they were harder to remove for sure.

If that is the case, what I did with that particular reba was just to swap in a "normal" seal kit with a deeper dust wiper and thicker foam ring and it worked fine.

For removal, if you have a DH tire lever, or a nice chunky plastic tire lever, I would suggest that with firm force prying up and slowly work your way around. If those seals have been in there for a while, they are pretty snug and will need some patience/gentle-yet-brute-force
    Deflated - buy parts to sell parts to buy more parts.. bikes are my drug of choice

FATTrailer for the kiddo

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Thank you SO much for the reply!

When you say "deeper dust wiper and thicker foam ring" do you mean aside from the standard ones that everyone sells? I have a set of grey dust seals with the foam rings that I'm hoping will work but if I need to get deeper ones I will, just not sure where to find them.

Thank you again for the help!