Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011

RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)

Here's the place to get our Sergeant's some recognition.

RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-10450299_689033664539183_6958512242935945666_o.jpg

RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-01d6a2eb35e68af50a9b8121381b90cb30a723bdef.jpg

Gonna get some Rocket Ron's and Q-Tube SL's and shed 2 pounds offa da bike. Also sending a pair of WTB Scrapers out to be anodized in either blue or orange. Would really like the rims to contrast rather than disappear in the tires.
    Get fAt, Stay fAt, Ride fAt
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-img_3459.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    What do those frames really weigh in at?

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    They are comparable to a regular mountain bike. It's more of what one hangs on it. My complete has never been stripped down, so can't give a frame weight. It's not a heavy bike by any means, just has ride qualities that are hard to find. Good climbing ability with excellent manual/wheelie capability. That is rare in a production bike. It's a very solid feeling bike unlike some that I tried. Many others had some frame flex that was concerning, where the RSD did not. It has a light feel with amazing acceleration along with excellent nimble handling.

It's more about performance than gram counting. I would say, there's a healthy weight for a given frame and there's anorexic. Anorexic frames live a short life.
    Doctor recommended...

Professional Crastinator
    Is there room for 2x chain rings and a f. der.?

These bikes look awesome (esp. in Ti).

-F
    It's never easier - you just go faster.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by the mayor View Post
    What do those frames really weigh in at?
    Sorry, I never weighed mine. Weight was not a factor in my selection of this frame. If it helps, this is where mine is at with a layer of dry mud.

RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-img_3457.jpg

mtbr member
    I believe you could run a FD but I'd refer you to RSD for confirmation.

gone walk about
    Quote Originally Posted by BansheeRune View Post
    Gonna get some Rocket Ron's and Q-Tube SL's and shed 2 pounds offa da bike. Also sending a pair of WTB Scrapers out to be anodized in either blue or orange. Would really like the rims to contrast rather than disappear in the tires.
    orrrrrrange would make it pop!

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    orrrrrrange would make it pop!
    Werd!

The whole idea is to eliminate the Hearse Black as much as possible. LBS is still trying to get the new orange Hope Evo4 Boost hubs for me. :/
    Blue spoke nipples to keep it all together. Life for me is in coluh cause back and white is bland.

Got the Rocket Ron's coming in the next day or two. These should bring up the fuel economy nicely.
    Doctor recommended...

gone walk about
    Werd!

The whole idea is to eliminate the Hearse Black as much as possible. LBS is still trying to get the new orange Hope Evo4 Boost hubs for me. :/
    Blue spoke nipples to keep it all together. Life for me is in coluh cause black and white is bland.
    pretty much the same for me though the cost of purchasing new parts for a new bike sounds a bit hasty but it's gotta be done.

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    That's how we make our bike ours! Yep, there is a couple other changes coming too.

Straitline Amp 70mm stem
    Loaded AMX 800mm bars

It just has to be...

My bike is learning to be on the lookout for a bike nerd bearing gifts. -.o
    Doctor recommended...

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleas View Post
    Is there room for 2x chain rings and a f. der.?

These bikes look awesome (esp. in Ti).

-F
    Stainless was sweet lookin too, I'm holding out on the big ticket bike for a custom frame from either Walt or John Hargedon. Then and only then can I get the BB height properly configured. My trials bike has ruined me for life!
    Doctor recommended...

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Today Sarge is wearing his fresh pair of Rocket Ron's. They kicked some serious weight to the curb. 740g and 735g, not too shabby! Stuffed em with Q-Tube SL 26x2.7's at 150g vs. the 300g stock tubes. The Chrony's were over 1kg each, no more weight watchers for Sarge! Yay!!! Now the fuel economy has gone up to 8 miles per sammich.
    Sarge is keeping an eye on my activities in case more gifts are lurking.

Sorry Fleas this damn computer has been doing strange things lately. To answer your question re: 2x, yep, it can be done. Currently, my bike is 30-36-11. It seems to work quite well here in the Rockies. The only change I see beneficial is a short cage RD to keep the works higher from the ground and nice and tight.

Hope Slower and I aren't the only RSD guys here... @.o

Slower, how you liking the dropper? I'm kinda considering one but I tend to ride with my seat down some rather than roadie height cause I'm always playing. Air is necessary between the tires and planet from time to time. :P
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    I'm a big fan of the dropper. I've got one in my fatty as well.

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    slower, thanks for the reply. I haven't really made the decision yet. It makes me think of the hiterite spring that was popular in the '80's. Certainly interesting how popular the droper posts are lately. Which post are you using?
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Specialized Command Post Blacklite in the Sergeant, Fox DOSS in the fatbike.

mtbr member

Newbie to dropper thoughts

slower, thanks for the reply. I haven't really made the decision yet. It makes me think of the hiterite spring that was popular in the '80's. Certainly interesting how popular the droper posts are lately. Which post are you using?
    Man, I must be the only rider out there who's wondering if my recent first-ever dropper ($$$$) purchase was a mistake.

I've got a 9Point8 Fall Line on my Norco Torrent 7.2. The post work perfectly well (thumb lever could be a little closer to the bar rather than so elevated).

I'm typically a fast descender - never having issues sliding off the back of the saddle for steeps. I thought a dropper could make me faster. In many ways it does, it's certainly easier for larger jumps and drops as there's a lot more leg room to spring and absorb - especially for a HT. I feel like I can carve/work the rear wheel harder once I adjust to my issue below...

The one hickup I'm having is the sense of reduced control in the bike's lateral/tipping/leaning movements. With a regular post the elevated saddle was always a 'rudder' to control the bike's lateral movements with my thighs. It was also a point of contact/reference to tell me what the bike is doing. With the dropper activated that point of contact/information is now gone and I feel like the bike's flopping around beneath me. Simply put, more input is required through the bar and pedals to adjust/communicate the bike's lean rather than relying on my thighs and saddle.

I'll give it another month or two to see if I subconsciously adjust to the change.
    www.ottawavelo.com - MTB & Gravel lifestyle in Eastern Ontario

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Sounds kinda like my trials bike, no provision for a seat/post. I rarely raise my seat to the "roadie position" cause at that extension it's in the way.
    Doctor recommended...

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Sarge had a Fruita ride today followed by a trail ride closer to home. The change was the tires. Going to the Rocket Ron Liteskin's was well worth it. Feels snappy with the lighter tires and Q-Tube SL's. Also noticed the energy reserve at the end of my ride. Quite a nice improvement in acceleration as well as generally more predictable out on the trail. Really enjoying the Sergeant, considering the illness that delayed bringing my bike home. I can't say that I recommend meningitis, not fun. Sarge has been an amazing addition to the collective! The trails await!

Certainly hope to see more peeps sharing their stories of their rides with their Sergeants...
    Doctor recommended...

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Sarge is having lotsa fun out on the local trails sportin a pair of Rocket Ron LiteSkin's. Man, does a good pair of tires make a difference! Didn't have the camera handy for todays foray up on the Cattle Creek trail system, unfortunately. Sarge climbs the hills very nicely and still is very light on the front wheel. So much fun railing the single track that the dirtbikers were so kind to create! Great flow=wide open throttle runs in the shade of a pinion forest. Sarge is happy now that he got all kinds of dusty from a good shakedown!
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Picked one of these up. Great bike for sure. Cant be happier.

- Set up tubeless with 3.0 Rocket Rons
    - Single speed (30x18)
    - wide Whiskey carbon bars
    - Race Lite grips

Weighs 27lbs on the nose. Size L

Super, super, super fun ride.

Spot Rocker
    Log Lady 27+ SS
    Beargrease
    RSD Catalyst dirt road bike
    On One fixed
    SantaCruz SS ('99)

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    tedo, I couldn't be happier with my Sarge! Your bike is looking great!
    I'm working on polishing out a pair of Scrapers for my wheel build later this week. Gotta get rid of the blackout wheels for some color and contrast.

Glad you got a Sergeant! How ya liking the SS setup?
    I love my RR LiteSkin tires cause they are springy and trialsy for play time.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    tedo, I couldn't be happier with my Sarge! Your bike is looking great!
    I'm working on polishing out a pair of Scrapers for my wheel build later this week. Gotta get rid of the blackout wheels for some color and contrast.

Glad you got a Sergeant! How ya liking the SS setup?
    I love my RR LiteSkin tires cause they are springy and trialsy for play time.
    The SS is awesome. Rode some pretty advanced trails yesterday, and I found I rode much quicker through tech sections. I needed to keep the forward momentum going, as opposed to traditional staying seated - pedaling... The 25 minute climb was pretty brutal though... but I loved it.

My Rocket Rons are the snakeskins. We have tons of rocks in Vermont. They were on my 27+ Beargrease, and have been holding up great thus far.

Can't believe the incredible deal this bike is. Super playful. Thanks for your early help Wade!
    Spot Rocker
    Log Lady 27+ SS
    Beargrease
    RSD Catalyst dirt road bike
    On One fixed
    SantaCruz SS ('99)

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Glad I could hep!

I need to follow up with StokliBoy to find out when the SS only party is happening at the Castle (Read: StokliBoy's Property) Should be a great time rippin singletrack and BBQ with all the fixin's. I'll be giving him shyt when the 9'ers only party happens cause Sarge's feet are tall enough to qualify even if it does say 27.7x3.0 on the sides of his shoes!

"Single speed makes ya strong, fast" (Courtesy of StokliBoy)

Glad you fell in love with a sweet ride! The SS conversion couldn't be easier!

Here's a couple prerequisites...

+Bike Item Purchases (Pix Please)

The 27.5+ Ride Pic Thread
    Doctor recommended...

gone walk about
    Did he say wade??
    "ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK"

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    I kinda think he did. :P

Ted, the fact of the matter is that Sarge rolls the most comfortable wheelies of all of my bike collective. Euphoric, indeed!
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member

Need some input on my Sergeant Ti build

Just confirmed my Sergeant Ti frame purchase with Alex at RSD! Had a very hard time deciding on frame. Almost went with the Canfield EPO. I'm setting it up as a 29er, with 2.8 tires. Alex talked me into the Sergeant over the Big Chief. Here is the pic Alex sent me. According to Alex, this is a Sergeant set up as 29er + with 3.0's.

RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-20160616_092325.jpg

Anyone have any suggestions on what fork and drive train I should consider? Leaning toward a Pike.

Also, I'm clueless as to what wheels to run on this. ... Something with a 40mm inner width? Any input much appreciated. Really stoked on this build.

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Skrool,

There's a few choices on that one! I'm currently working on a pair of Scrapers for Sarge.
    Velocity Dually @ 39mm inner, 45 outer. My buddy is running a pair of em on his Krampus and has no complaints thus far. He's not had any issues with em and rides very aggressively. You oughtta be very pleased with the playful geometry of the Sergeant. I thrive on the versatility of mine as a 27.5 with the 140mm fork. BB height is excellent. Pike should serve you well. The Manitou is very well built as well. Clean and slop free! The 27.5x3.0's are nearly as tall as my fatty with Bud/Lou and the nimble feeling when I rode the Sergeant and, well, I was hooked and adopted a bike!

Congratz, Dood!! And welcome to the fray!!
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Skrool,

There's a few choices on that one! I'm currently working on a pair of Scrapers for Sarge.
    Velocity Dually @ 39mm inner, 45 outer. My buddy is running a pair of em on his Krampus and has no complaints thus far. He's not had any issues with em and rides very aggressively. You oughtta be very pleased with the playful geometry of the Sergeant. I thrive on the versatility of mine as a 27.5 with the 140mm fork. BB height is excellent. Pike should serve you well. The Manitou is very well built as well. Clean and slop free! The 27.5x3.0's are nearly as tall as my fatty with Bud/Lou and the nimble feeling when I rode the Sergeant and, well, I was hooked and adopted a bike!

Congratz, Dood!! And welcome to the fray!!
    Alex at RSD has a pair of 'Mulefut 50mm' wheels he'll sell me. Not sure what to do on wheels. The Mulefut's seem to be a bit on the heavy side, but Alex says they work good. Seems like a lot of people run the scraper rims on 29er plus setups. For now, I'm inclined to go with a prebuilt wheelset, but maybe down the line I'll lace up some carbon wheels from Light Bicycle on my own..haven't done it in a while but my last set came out true and strong. Not sure about how well the carbon rims will be without beadlocks with such big tires running at such low pressure.

Also, I've no experience with Manitou but the 29+ Manitou Magnum Comp is also something that Alex at RSD is offering me for my build. Anyone know much about this fork? Seems to have good reviews...

Basically, since I'm blowing my wad on the Ti frame, for now, I kinda have to skimp on other stuff. I've got Enve bars on my current bike so those will be employed...

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    The Mag is a well made and thought out fork. Manitou is turning out a good product. The MuleFut 50SL's are a great wheelset for the money and tubeless well too. Tires are difficult to unseat on em. They are very durable as well. They might carry a little weight although, I don't see it as a deal breaker. Now ya have to consider retreads...
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    The Mag is a well made and thought out fork. Manitou is turning out a good product. The MuleFut 50SL's are a great wheelset for the money and tubeless well too. Tires are difficult to unseat on em. They are very durable as well. They might carry a little weight although, I don't see it as a deal breaker. Now ya have to consider retreads...
    Thanks Man. I'll go with the Manitou then. Maybe wheels too.

What in heck are 'retreads'?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrool View Post
    Thanks Man. I'll go with the Manitou then. Maybe wheels too.

What in heck are 'retreads'?
    I get it : 'retreads' because of my poverty after spending for the Ti instead of the aluminum! Yeah, yur right Bro. I'm close to broke now. But the Ti frame kept calling out to me...a voice calling out in the wilderness... Truth be told, I'd have gone with a 'steel' Sergeant if they had one, but not aluminum. Not for a hardtail. This 'il be my first hardtail since the mid 90's...so it's got to have some 'give'. I ride, on average, of 40 hours mountain miles per week...so it's got to be Ti for comforts sake.

A few years ago I got majorly f*%ked up. Hurt my back really really bad from a booby trap in-trail while riding out East. The day before I rode the same trail and so 2 days later, I had some good speed going and didn't expect someone to have loaded up a landing zone with big boulders and logs...which I hit. It's a credit to Knolly bikes that it suffered zero damage...but not me man. I couldn't walk, literally for near a month...and it's still not right to this day... sucks.

So that's my reason for putting out for the Ti frame. Nothing to do with anything other than extra compliance for my back's sake.

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Retreads, retreads, ridin on retreads! (Courtesy of a friend that worked at a tire shop). I know the feeling, I've been running on junk knees and scoliosis for 30 years. Then the kidney disease was diagnosed in 06 and in 14 had a massive heart attack and heart surgery. 30 days after surgery was back on a bike, admittedly riding like a 4 banger with burnt valves, but riding! That's what happens when ya toss a blood clot in the defending vessel on the left ventricle. Damn oil filter fouled the oil pump! The only thing I do pay much attention to is what the heart tells me. Back to running like a V8 now and the cardiologist gave the green light to redline my bike all i want/can.

Have a look around on some of the websites for tires and call on Alex for your fork and wheels, he'll take good care of ya. Also have a look on eBay, I got my NN TrailStar's 65 smackers each.
    Innova Transformers are 42 each here. https://www.universalcycles.com/shop...&category=5793
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member

Devil's advocate anyone...?....?....?

Retreads, retreads, ridin on retreads! (Courtesy of a friend that worked at a tire shop). I know the feeling, I've been running on junk knees and scoliosis for 30 years. Then the kidney disease was diagnosed in 06 and in 14 had a massive heart attack and heart surgery. 30 days after surgery was back on a bike, admittedly riding like a 4 banger with burnt valves, but riding! That's what happens when ya toss a blood clot in the defending vessel on the left ventricle. Damn oil filter fouled the oil pump! The only thing I do pay much attention to is what the heart tells me. Back to running like a V8 now and the cardiologist gave the green light to redline my bike all i want/can.

Have a look around on some of the websites for tires and call on Alex for your fork and wheels, he'll take good care of ya. Also have a look on eBay, I got my NN TrailStar's 65 smackers each.
    Innova Transformers are 42 each here. https://www.universalcycles.com/shop...&category=5793
    Thanks for the Input Brother.

I was thinking how much this particular bike would be the perfect candidate for the new Sram Eagle 1X12...at least for me. I myself ride to and from the trail heads where I live, which involves a fair amount of road miles...plus I take my bike to the gym on occassion---more road miles, ...plus to the store---more road miles, so I actually make use of a wide variety of gears, hence, my bikes, Knolly Chilcotin included, are currently run 2X. But with the 42 and 50 cog out back, I could nearly duplicate 2x and could run a 34 up front...while still being able to climb just about any conceivable tech trail. Of course the problem it COST...$$$$

I'd have to have an ebay sale to muster up enough funds for an Eagle drive train. Hard to justify it, but if I were to sell all of my motorcycle gear...which I havn't used in nearly 2 years since selling my last motorbike...I'd likely have enough to go for it. Any input on this rash decision....?

Why so uptite?
    Dec 2005
    That will be a nice setup. The Mulefut are nice solid rims. IMHO worth a few grams for reliability.

Glad to see you went Ti, no reason to have the same AL frame as BR. Lol.

Im not a SRAM Person so may I suggest the XTR 11speed setup.
    Collection of fun carbon & titanium bikes

@tgi_cycling

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EBG 18T View Post
    That will be a nice setup. The Mulefut are nice solid rims. IMHO worth a few grams for reliability.

Im not a SRAM Person so may I suggest the XTR 11speed setup.
    That was quick!

Well Brother, I think I'm done with Shimano for mountain. I've not been too pleased with my XTR mountain set ups. They should be far smoother for what I paid.

After riding a X1 Sram I was really impressed with two things : Easier, and silent shifting, and sloppy / mis-timed shifts were FAR smoother than they prove to be on my XTR. I've been a full-on shimano man since the late 90's....but it may be time to go for the German kit for mountain setups.

Why so uptite?
    Dec 2005
    That was quick!

Well Brother, I think I'm done with Shimano for mountain. I've not been too pleased with my XTR mountain set ups. They should be far smoother for what I paid.

After riding a X1 Sram I was really impressed with two things : Easier, and silent shifting, and sloppy / mis-timed shifts were FAR smoother than they prove to be on my XTR. I've been a full-on shimano man since the late 90's....but it may be time to go for the German kit for mountain setups.
    And that is exactly why SRAM & Shimano are still in biz. We all have preferences which is good for the market!

I'm pondering ordering a setup from Box for to the next frame later this summer.
    PRODUCTS - Box Components MTB

@tgi_cycling

mtbr member
    And that is exactly why SRAM & Shimano are still in biz. We all have preferences which is good for the market!

I'm pondering ordering a setup from Box for to the next frame later this summer.
    PRODUCTS - Box Components MTB
    Just checked out the 'Box' stuff. Interesting. First I've ever heard of Box. There's so much out there now...

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    According to Alex, this is a Sergeant set up as 29er + with 3.0's.
    I wasn't aware the Sergeant could accommodate 29+. Is that only for ti-frame models? or applicable to the standard aluminium? If common to the aluminium, I will go buy the Sergeant. I was torn between this and something like the Stache 7 which takes both sizes.

gone walk about

yup, yup.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty2H View Post
    I wasn't aware the Sergeant could accommodate 29+. Is that only for ti-frame models? or applicable to the standard aluminium? If common to the aluminium, I will go buy the Sergeant. I was torn between this and something like the Stache 7 which takes both sizes.
    According to Alex the owner of RSD, the Sergeant can be run 27.5 plus, 29er, or 29+. If set up as 29+, the bottom bracket height rises by 10mm. This is fine by me, as I'm sick and tired of pedal strikes where I do the majority of my riding here in Bellingham.

Here is the pic sent to me by Alex of a Sergeant set up as 29+. I posted it earlier but here it is again. There's no difference between the specs for the Ti and Alum...just a drop in weight and of course some nice Ti-'give' to the back end.

RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-20160616_092325.jpg

Others might be bothered by this setup thinking it might be too short a wheelbase, or the xtra 10mm rise in bb height, but my style of riding is mostly super fast going uphil, and moderate on the downs. My jumping and freeride days are over...lost interest, and also have a former back injury that only flairs up if I start riding too aggressive on the downs... I'm more into all day rides in the saddle, lots of climbs, lots single track, mid size jumps are ok, but no more big stuff.

...So for me the 29+ Sergeant will be perfect. Alex talked me out of the Big Chief 29+ and pushed me toward a Sergeant with 29+ setup...as I'm 5'8" and the Sergeant will end up being more manouverable for me.

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty2H View Post
    Slam the sliders all the way back...
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    There's no difference between the specs for the Ti and Alum...just a drop in weight and of course some nice Ti-'give' to the back end.
    This doesn't match what Alex told me regarding questions I asked about geometry earlier this week:
    "Thank you for your email.
    That is correct. The Ti version is 66.5, while the Alu is 68.
    The wheelbases for medium are different for both
    Alu – 1124.8 shortest and 1136.8 longest
    Ti – 1158.5 shortest and 1171.5 longest

The aluminum bikes are in stock and the Ti frames are arriving tomorrow
    Let me know if you have any other questions

Alex | RSD Bikes"
    Based on the claimed 29+ compatibility, I'm assuming this is achieved with the dropouts in the rearmost position to gain the additional clearance.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by carbine_275 View Post
    This doesn't match what Alex told me regarding questions I asked about geometry earlier this week:
    "Thank you for your email.
    That is correct. The Ti version is 66.5, while the Alu is 68.
    The wheelbases for medium are different for both
    Alu – 1124.8 shortest and 1136.8 longest
    Ti – 1158.5 shortest and 1171.5 longest

The aluminum bikes are in stock and the Ti frames are arriving tomorrow
    Let me know if you have any other questions

Alex | RSD Bikes"
    Based on the claimed 29+ compatibility, I'm assuming this is achieved with the dropouts in the rearmost position to gain the additional clearance.
    Good to know. I didn't ask Alex this particular question, I was more concerned about what to do considering my height. I had no interest in the aluminum frame and was only interested in the Ti, so maybe that's why.

I wonder what reason there was for the design difference????

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Good to know. I didn't ask Alex this particular question, I was more concerned about what to do considering my height. I had no interest in the aluminum frame and was only interested in the Ti, so maybe that's why.

I wonder what reason there was for the design difference????
    I didn't ask, because I had assumed the TI geometry table had some typos, based on the AL & SS frames being identical.

mtbr member
    Does anyone know what the warranty is on RSD bikes...? For the cost of the Ti frame I'm kinda expecting it to have a strong warranty. Ti frames have been known to crack, it's not common, but it does happen...just wanting to cover all the bases before I make my final decision on my build. I sure do wish I could test ride one of these before committing.

BansheeRune : in on of your earlier posts you said that this bike 'wheelies' easier than any bike you've owned. I'm wondering if you think that will make it hard to keep the front end planted on techy climbs...which I do a fair amount of here in the PNW...?...?

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Not in the least. Sarge climbs like a pro. It also makes an easy reposition of the front effortless. Consider that part of "gettin trialsy". I find that Sarge feels the most comfortable to manual or wheelie. There's nothing more euphoric than a proper manual, nothing!!

I'll follow up with Alex on the warranty question. I believe he would gladly take care of any issues as he's very intent with the biz.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    For those wondering: All of our frames carry a lifetime warranty for any manufacturer's defects, as long as you are the original owner with a receipt showing your name and the shop name.
    RSD Bikes - Sales - www.rsdbikes.com
    We`re slow at updating our site - facebook

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quick clarification: The Aluminum and Ti have different geometry. The Ti also has slightly longer stays which can be slammed all the back to allow 29+ wheels to fit, which cannot be achieve with the Aluminum version.
    RSD Bikes - Sales - www.rsdbikes.com
    We`re slow at updating our site - facebook

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    I just plugged you for a Mayor in the fatbiking and health thread, Alex!

Today Sarge is gonna try out the new wheels. Gotta lace up one more and it's on!

The 27.5+ Ride Pic Thread

+Bike Item Purchases (Pix Please)
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    It's now official! My Ti Sergeant, Manitou+ Fork, and Mulefut wheels are on the way!!!!

Yowee!

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Alex talked me into the Sergeant over the Big Chief.
    Based on what ?

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    It's now official! My Ti Sergeant, Manitou+ Fork, and Mulefut wheels are on the way!!!!

Yowee!
    Let the jones begin in earnest!! Gratz Dood!!
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBaldBlur View Post
    Based on what ?

Based on :

1. There are no Big Chief Ti's in stock

More importantly :

2. I'm not a 'tall' person, not short, but not tall. 5'8"
    3. My riding is quite varied and includes a heck of a lot of tight / techy stuff and according to Alex, the 'Sergeant' is more nimble when set up as a 29+...especially for someone my height.
    4. The Ti Sergeant can be set up three ways : As a 27.5+, as a regular 29er, and as a full 29+ with 3.0's.

I plan on running it with 2.8's as a 29er+

So this is why I say that 'Alex' talked me into running the Sergeant over waiting for a Big Chief Ti. Makes more sense for me, and there's a great chance that I WILL in fact build up a set of 27+ wheels and use it that way too...

Hope this answers your question.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    [B]
    Hope this answers your question.
    Yep, thanks!

mtbr member
    Tidbit :

Trek suspension engineer, Ted Alsop, puts it this way :

“27.5+, ideally, has the diameter of a 29×2.3 tire, but to get there, you have to give it a really tall sidewall. The bead-to-bead measurement–that’s the actual width of the tire if you pressed it flat and measured from one bead to the other–is about 15 millimeters wider than a 29+ tire. Relative to the rim, the 27.5+ tire is actually taller than the 29+ tire, which is why we’ve found that the 27.5+ tires that we’ve ridden have a lot more of an un-damped, fatbike tire bounce to them and don’t corner as well at lower pressures. The 29+ tire, which is actually a lower profile, shorter sidewall tire, has less of that uncontrolled bounce to it.”

If I can find a way to afford it, in the near future I may run my Sergeant with 27.5+ wheels too. .. But for now, I want to ride it 29+. I'm figuring 2.8's.

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    I can't bring myself to give up any air volume. It just feels amazing with the pressure @ 10-12 psi on some of my favorite full throttle rail trails.
    3.0 for a good time!
    Gotta ask, what kind of riding style are these peeps? Clydesdales or light riders?

My approach is to ride light and avoid the basher style. So yeah, tires inflated for sand hitting the hardpack are gonna be fatbikish and squirmy.

No need to hurry with the B+ wheels as long as you have the 29+ going, blast the miles and squirrel away some dough for the other wheels.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    I can't bring myself to give up any air volume. It just feels amazing with the pressure @ 10-12 psi on some of my favorite full throttle rail trails.
    3.0 for a good time!
    Gotta ask, what kind of riding style are these peeps? Clydesdales or light riders?

My approach is to ride light and avoid the basher style. So yeah, tires inflated for sand hitting the hardpack are gonna be fatbikish and squirmy.

No need to hurry with the B+ wheels as long as you have the 29+ going, blast the miles and squirrel away some dough for the other wheels.
    I totally see your point. I just thought I'd share some alternative input from an actual designer on the Stasche...which is a GREAT bike actually.

I ordered a set of Bontrager Chupacabra 3.0's for my Sergeant and they're on the way.

Everything should be here ready for assembly some time mid to late next week!

I'll post some pics of things as they arrive! A handful of people here in Bellingham are anxiously awaiting this bike! Heck...even my landlord is waiting to come and see the Ti frame!

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Damn! Can't wait to see it coming together!

I did something fiscally irresponsible today! I ordered a Mayor frameset... I look forward to riding 5.05's this winter.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member

I did something fiscally irresponsible today! I ordered a Mayor frameset... I look forward to riding 5.05's this winter.
    It's good to see someone other than myself who has their priorities in order!

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Werd
    Doctor recommended...

Why so uptite?
    Dec 2005

Why is it irresponsible? You never know when your going to die, mine as well have fun while you can..

@tgi_cycling

mtbr member
    Apr 2015

Yowee!
    I am heading out East for the weekend. I am planning on a swing through Toronto to ride a TI Sergeant on Monday. I too would lean toward the Manitou over a Rockshock fork. However, my dislike of Rockshock comes from a Sid I had like 10 years ago. Nice to see he gave you the option.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldinsloe View Post
    I am heading out East for the weekend. I am planning on a swing through Toronto to ride a TI Sergeant on Monday. I too would lean toward the Manitou over a Rockshock fork. However, my dislike of Rockshock comes from a Sid I had like 10 years ago. Nice to see he gave you the option.
    Today's Rockshock's are nothing at all comparable to what they were 10 years ago. The 'Pike' is an incredible, problem free solution. Three of my buddies run them, problem free, great adjustment.

I myself have been running on Bos forks, and ONLY Bos forks for the last 4 years. They blow everything else out of the water in terms of 1. how smooth they work, 2. How very low their maintenance schedule is [once every two seasons..if not more], and 3. Their adjustments actually 'do' what they're supposed to do, aka : they ACTUALLY WORK.

Fox, to me is garbage. Fox shocks and forks are crap out of the box, and only come alive AFTER you send them to a tuner. If you doubt this, then you have never felt the difference between how a Fox fork or shock 'feels' / 'works' AFTER it has been tuned. By comparison, 'Bos' forks feel like they have already been to a 'tuner' straight out of the box.

If I could get my hands on a 29+ Bos fork I will definitely do so. For now, I had to save some $$$ due to the fact that I utterly blew through most of my budget in order to wrangle me a Ti frame!!!

I myself will NEVER buy a new Fox product ever again. But keep in mind Brother that 'I' tend to be pretty picky about Fork and Shock function....having spent many years Club Racing Road-Race Motorcycles [Yamaha / Ducati]. I set up all of my friends suspensions because my road racing experience translates well to mountain bike sus. The problem people have when it comes to mtb sus. set up, is that people tend to 'judge' the bike set up by how it feels in the garage. Most people tend to under dampen the rebound to the extent that they will never---know---how GREAT it CAN feel to ride a bike properly damped.

Good Luck on your potential Sergeant purchase!!!!

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldinsloe View Post
    Oldinsloe, I think you'll be in for a great surprise! I can't begin to tell ya how much I love my Sergeant! Even if he does shout "Ten-Hut" from time to time! The performance is very playful, while being very good at long rides and climbing is awesome. No two ways about it, the bike is just plain great performance.
    For the dough the Sergeant is a far better value than most others in it's class, hands down.

Today's Rockshock's are nothing at all comparable to what they were 10 years ago. The 'Pike' is an incredible, problem free solution. Three of my buddies run them, problem free, great adjustment.

I myself have been running on Bos forks, and ONLY Bos forks for the last 4 years. They blow everything else out of the water in terms of 1. how smooth they work, 2. How very low their maintenance schedule is [once every two seasons..if not more], and 3. Their adjustments actually 'do' what they're supposed to do, aka : they ACTUALLY WORK.

Fox, to me is garbage. Fox shocks and forks are crap out of the box, and only come alive AFTER you send them to a tuner. If you doubt this, then you have never felt the difference between how a Fox fork or shock 'feels' / 'works' AFTER it has been tuned. By comparison, 'Bos' forks feel like they have already been to a 'tuner' straight out of the box.

If I could get my hands on a 29+ Bos fork I will definitely do so. For now, I had to save some $$$ due to the fact that I utterly blew through most of my budget in order to wrangle me a Ti frame!!!

I myself will NEVER buy a new Fox product ever again. But keep in mind Brother that 'I' tend to be pretty picky about Fork and Shock function....having spent many years Club Racing Road-Race Motorcycles [Yamaha / Ducati]. I set up all of my friends suspensions because my road racing experience translates well to mountain bike sus. The problem people have when it comes to mtb sus. set up, is that people tend to 'judge' the bike set up by how it feels in the garage. Most people tend to under dampen the rebound to the extent that they will never---know---how GREAT it CAN feel to ride a bike properly damped.

Good Luck on your potential Sergeant purchase!!!!
    My 36 Talas has been going since new in 2009 with no issues and is still silky smooth. My 4X bike has had many years of Keystone runs as well as Valhalla season pass since it opened as a bike park.
    RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-img_0058.jpg
    This little fellow is very agile and built to take the abuse!
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Oldinsloe, I think you'll be in for a great surprise! I can't begin to tell ya how much I love my Sergeant! Even if he does shout "Ten-Hut" from time to time! The performance is very playful, while being very good at long rides and climbing is awesome. No two ways about it, the bike is just plain great performance.
    For the dough the Sergeant is a far better value than most others in it's class, hands down.

My 36 Talas has been going since new in 2009 with no issues and is still silky smooth. My 4X bike has had many years of Keystone runs as well as Valhalla season pass since it opened as a bike park.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0058.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	279.8 KB 
ID:	1078196
    This little fellow is very agile and built to take the abuse!

Nice ride Wade!

As for me, my freeride bike is now gone : Knolly Delerium T. Still have the Chilcotin, but not for long in all likelihood. Regarding Fox products : When I shell out $1,300 for a fork that boasts to be the best, I EXPECT $1,300. worth of excellence, and this excellence, to me, mainly has to do with adjustment viability. Well, never has any Fox fork passed the test. Yeah, they offer ample 'clicks' for Compression, Rebound, slow, fast, ...problem is... I EXPECT to 'feel' / notice a difference at a margin of every two clicks. Not so with Fox. More like a very 'mild' difference with every 6 or 7 clicks ---regardless of what I'm adjusting.

With Bos, you FEEL and NOTICE a REAL difference with every two clicks of adjustment. And the ONLY time I've experienced this with a Fox product ---is AFTER it's had a $300 dollar tune by a tuner like Push etc. THIS--is not satisfactory to me.

But again, I did say I was on the picky side. ...Picky meaning : If you have the balls to charge me such an exorbitant / wallet draining price for your product, then it SHOULD pass muster on ALL accounts and MATCH that price. Fox does not do this. ..Ohlins does this. ..Bos does this. ..Penski does this. As of late, Rockshox seems to come pretty close. ..I'd have no problem and voice zero complains --IF-- Fox's prices were HALF, literally, what they dare to charge...and mind you, usually, when it comes to forks and shocks, I only buy 'thee' top offering / highest model. ..But heck, if you're happy with what they've given you Wade...good on you Man. With 'me', I deem it as my right, nay, my obligation to be somewhat of a 'dick' when someone dares charge me a 'dick' price. ...The higher the price I'm forced to pay for something that I expect to be 'thee' best offering, all the MORE inclined I am to pick it to pieces. ....Might have something to do with the fact that I come from a Product Design backround.... Blah, blah...

On another note, this is what's on the way for Sarge :

Sram XO1 Shifter pod
    Sram X1 cogset [10/42]
    Sram X1 Rear mech
    Sram XX1 chain
    3.0 Chupacabra's (900 grams per)
    Mulefut Wheelest
    Manitou 29+ Fork
    Race Face Turbine Cinch crankset [w/direct mount 30t (for now)]

Plan to run my Hope Brakes with Steel braid lines, ..but had to order a new line for the rear due to the size requirements of the Sergeant frame.

I'll also run my Enve Carbon bars with Straightline shorty Stem

May try running it without my dropper for a while just to see if I really need it on this bike...?...? Otherwise my KS Lev is ready for deployment...and works flawlessly.

Couple of surprises I'll save for later!

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    The only fork that a never revalved has been the 36. The Manitou is gonna be the second the I don't need to revalve.

I'll never let go of my beloved little Banshee. He's just too fun to play with! I paid 1500 for the bike following Interbike 2008. The rune was a demo bike at the show and I managed to get a village deal. That price wouldn't cover the retail on the frame shock and fork. Size medium and works so well for Valhalla. Valhalla has very nicely done trails that are semi groomed. There are so many booters that a run is tiring but worth every second it lasts!

Sarge is wearing his Nobby Nics for an adventure ride planned for tomorrow. The tires just look so mean! Alex and I agree that the NN's are like riding on velcro.

I so rarely ride Sarge with his seat all the way down I don't know if a dropper is on the radar. I never ride the seat at roadie height because it's in the damn way when I try to play. I have ridden many years this way and it's where my muscle memory is programmed. I can still bust a cadence of 195 with it there so good to go. Cruising cadence for me is 130-160 and it keeps my junk knees happy. Perhaps if I find a dropper that doesn't let the seat wiggle, I'll become more interested. Somehow the dropper post brings back memories of the ole height rite spring from the late 80's.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    I set up all of my friends suspensions because my road racing experience translates well to mountain bike sus. The problem people have when it comes to mtb sus. set up, is that people tend to 'judge' the bike set up by how it feels in the garage. Most people tend to under dampen the rebound to the extent that they will never---know---how GREAT it CAN feel to ride a bike properly damped.
    Care to offer a layman's guide to fork set up for us?

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Read the manual on the fork, set it's sag as recommended and work from there.

One thing about fork setup is compression damping. If you are consuming the entire travel of the fork the compression damping is set too light and/or air pressure too low. Rebound should not make it feel as though you are being ejected after a deep compression of the fork.

The time for fast rebound is on washboard surfaces. Slow rebound will get into a "Static lockout". The fork never recovers before the next hit and stays down part way in it's travel and thus doesn't compress and rebound as it should. On average rides you will want the rebound slower so the fork doesn't tend to eject you.

It does take a little time and trial and error on getting the adjustments made. It's better to make one adjustment and ride and make another adjustment. this way you know what changed and can resolve it as you progress.
    You can set the sag as you prefer it later, just use the recommendation as a baseline to get started.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Ti Sergeant Frame, wheels, and fork arrive tomorrow!

Dug up a pic of the man himself : Alex!

RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-rsd-sargent-b-plus-sea-otter-600x450.jpg

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Skrool's jonesin!!!
    Doctor recommended...

gone walk about
    imma be there when the brown dood shows up..

Why so uptite?
    Dec 2005
    I suggest you park yourself in the driveway with a coffee and wait for the man in brown to deliver.. God knows they always try to get out of delivering the big boxes by saying you weren't home..

@tgi_cycling

mtbr member
    I suggest you park yourself in the driveway with a coffee and wait for the man in brown to deliver.. God knows they always try to get out of delivering the big boxes by saying you weren't home..
    You're so right man! I've already got a lasso ready to go just in case he tries to make a fast break.

RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-cowboy-lasso-cropped.jpg

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    LOLOL!!!

Scrool's not the only one JONESIN!!! My Mayor is due too!
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    How long for a delivery on a Sergeant should be expected?

Why so uptite?
    Dec 2005
    LOLOL!!!

Scrool's not the only one JONESIN!!! My Mayor is due too!
    Did your ship yet? If do it sounds like you will need a day off from work very soon..

@tgi_cycling

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loafr View Post
    Took mine an entire week to go from Ontario Canada to upstate Washington [Bellingham]. Very slow. Tracking states delivery for 'today'. This is the 7th day.

mtbr member
    Keep getting drawn back to this thread. I think it's a combination of Banshee's lust for them and the anticipation on Skrool's TI build. Either way I've had a battle in my head between a Sergeant or plus wheelset for my already tricked out fatty. I'm blessed to have such problems!

gone walk about
    Took mine an entire week to go from Ontario Canada to upstate Washington [Bellingham]. Very slow. Tracking states delivery for 'today'. This is the 7th day.
    i'll take care of it no worries..

mtbr member
    THE EAGLE HAS LANDED, I REPEAT, the EAGLE--HAS--LANDED!

Sarge is Here! Holy smoking shit! This frame is amazingly awesome! Exceeded my expectations in all respects...and I'm a picky fu%ker...! Have to say I near began weeping with pride and joy!..!..!

Will post some pics later on tonight! SO GLAD I DID IT! ...The Ti is BEAUTIFUL...and SUPER LIGHT!

Name:  imgres.jpg
Views: 849
Size:  20.6 KB

Also arrived today :

e-thirteen 9-44 rear cassette in black!
    Mulefut Wheelset
    KMC DLC 11 Chain / black Titanium Nitride coated
    Manitou fork.

gone walk about

Sarge is Here! Holy smoking shit! This frame is amazingly awesome! Exceeded my expectations in all respects...and I'm a picky fu%ker...! Have to say I near began weeping with pride and joy!..!..!

Will post some pics later on tonight! SO GLAD I DID IT! ...The Ti is BEAUTIFUL...and SUPER LIGHT!
    congrats on the new toy.

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jpfurn View Post
    Keep getting drawn back to this thread. I think it's a combination of Banshee's lust for them and the anticipation on Skrool's TI build. Either way I've had a battle in my head between a Sergeant or plus wheelset for my already tricked out fatty. I'm blessed to have such problems!
    Can't beat the price for the package. The Geo on their bikes is very playful and functional. So, yeah, I'm loyal to em. When I purchased Sarge, a couple weeks later they dropped the price of all of their bikes significantly and sent a check my way to make good. Gotta say thank you Alex!
    Lol...

Also arrived today :

Mulefut Wheelset
    Manitou fork.
    Skrool has a big a$$ boner!!
    Doctor recommended...

Why so uptite?
    Dec 2005

Also arrived today :

Mulefut Wheelset
    Manitou fork.
    Pictures or your making this $hit up.

@tgi_cycling

mtbr member
    this thread is making seriously consider selling my ti el mariachi and replace it with the alluminum sergeant...

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Pictures or your making this $hit up.
    Werd! I hear all he has are blackmail pix that nvphatty sent him! -.o

Quote Originally Posted by grizzler View Post
    this thread is making seriously consider selling my ti el mariachi and replace it with the alluminum sergeant...
    Fvck that! Ya gotta have a collective or you cannot be assimilated!!!
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member

Fvck that! Ya gotta have a collective or you cannot be assimilated!!!
    ha! thoughts on this vs. a hayduke? here are mine:

Hayduke:
    + Steel, better compliment to my fs
    - need new cranks,BB, and HS

Sergeant:
    + $250 less, includes HS, can reuse cranks
    - 140mm seems fairly aggressive (seems odd to have a bigger fork on my ht), alluminum

I've been thinking that the + wheelset for my ponyrustler will be better suited on a singlespeed hardtail...

gone walk about
    I try and go legit but they drag me back in again.

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzler View Post
    ha! thoughts on this vs. a hayduke? here are mine:

Hayduke:
    + Steel, better compliment to my fs
    - need new cranks,BB, and HS

Sergeant:
    + $250 less, includes HS, can reuse cranks
    - 140mm seems fairly aggressive (seems odd to have a bigger fork on my ht), alluminum

I've been thinking that the + wheelset for my ponyrustler will be better suited on a singlespeed hardtail...
    I love the 140mm of sweetness. It does have a lockout which I thought I'd never use but it's kinda fun to play with the lockout from time to time. The BB elevation is great for all the Jeepin I subject Sarge to.
    The MuleFut 50SL's are very nice wheels and would work SS or geared just fine.

The Advocate is also a fine choice. After all, Smithhammer is getting the mileage on his and frequently posting ride pix. Great bike with a donation to bike advocacy to boot!

All to make the choice that much more difficult!

I try and go legit but they drag me back in again.
    Thought you could get away now, didn't ya! ;P

We love ya, nvphatty!
    Doctor recommended...

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Doctor recommended...

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Loafr View Post
    Bout a week from Toronto to the US...
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Here's some pics...

RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-7.jpg

RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-8.jpg

RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-11.jpg

KMC DLC 11 Chain / black Titanium Nitride coating :

RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-2.jpg

Duly note black velvet inner box :

RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-3.jpg

RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-4.jpg

e-13 / 9-44 cassette :

RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-6.jpg

Really looking forward to running this cassette. 9 tooth to 44 tooth should cover all my needs.

The rest of the parts should be here sometime mid to late next week. Will try to take some better shots of the frame when I have time. Also, the Manitou fork seem legit. Very nice in person. Have no time to post pics of the Mulefut wheels but they are super-nice in person. Very much pleased I went with them. Have to say pics really don't do this frame justice. It has to be seen in person to be fully appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-5.jpg  

mtbr member
    RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-13.jpg

RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-14.jpg

RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-15.jpg

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Nope, you're not jonesin to ride that piece of midfat art, nah, couldn't be!

The Mayor will arrive tomorrow along with some goodies to make up the front wheel! Yay!!
    Doctor recommended...

gone walk about
    The Mayor will arrive tomorrow along with some goodies to make up the front wheel! Yay!!
    sumbiatch i can't make it there by then!!

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    sumbiatch i can't make it there by then!!
    @.@

nvphatty's off his game. Where's the coach?? XD
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    congrats on the new toy.

Thanks Brother! Tried to get it together for the long weekend, but came up short on a few bits. By next Friday I should be sorted and ready for assembly! [I hope]

The Ti frame has to be seen to be fully appreciated. Very good looking and top notch welds.

Why so uptite?
    Dec 2005
    Very nice Skrool. Your love the ride of Ti.

@tgi_cycling

mtbr member
    I'm having a bit of time trying to figure out 'how' to remove the shimano freehub from the Mulefut wheel. I've never seen this type of design before. I have my XD body ready to go, but it looks like I might need some kind of sun-ringle specialty tool to get it apart...?...? Put in a question earlier today to Alex about this but he must be busy or away from the office. Anyone have a clue...?...? Anyone done this on this wheel before?

Can't find an assembly guide for this hub setup NOR any trace information online anywhere for this specific hub. I mean ZERO. Everything I've found is different than what I see on this hub. Might have to go to bike mechanic tomorrow, which I hate doing. One thing I really like about e-13 is how thorough THEY are with including all kinds of instructions on how to work with their products. Not so with Sun-Ringle it seems.

For now I'm in limbo.

mtbr member
    Got it off finally. ...thanks to a set of channel-locks and some burly vice grips. Man this was f'in tight. Looks like a specialty tool is the right way to do it though. I was careful enough and all is well. Now I get to mount the e-13 cassette. Cranks and BB came today. Tire's 'il be here tomorrow. Rear mech and shifter on Thursday and I'm good to go for full assembly.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast