mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Looking for a 100mm 15mm fork that fits a 29x3.0 tire

I bought a used 29 plus frame.
    The seller included a fork that is not a 29 plus fork. It will not fit a 29x3.0 tire.

The crappy twist is, I a bought a front wheel to fit a 15x100 axle. So, I have a front wheel with the wrong hub.

Does anybody make a 29 plus fork with 100mm spacing.

All the rigid forks I have found are boost spacing - 110mm.

Any 29 plus forks I should look into with 100 mm spacing? Or would I be better off buying a boost fork, reselling the wrong fork? Buy a 110mm hub and have the wheel rebuilt?

mtbr member
    You have options, you can see if the front wheel is one that you can get different end caps for, lots of wheels these days have removable end caps and allow you to swap the sapcing. Other option is the salsa fire starter carbon fork, link below. BTW what wheels donyou have ?

https://salsacycles.com/components/c...er_carbon_fork

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by krynn View Post
    Or would I be better off buying a boost fork, reselling the wrong fork? Buy a 110mm hub and have the wheel rebuilt?
    Back when there were few 29+ options I dremeled out the arch of a Fox fork to make it work with 3" tires. Took a few minutes and worked great. Just depends how much clearance you need to make.

https://vikapproved.wordpress.com/20...-krampus-mods/
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Other option is a 29+ boost fork and boost adapter for the hub.

Enviado desde mi SM-G930F mediante Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Vto2.0 View Post
    Other option is the salsa fire starter carbon fork, link below.
    Good ol MTBR...ask for something specific, get redirected somewhere completely unrelated. There are plenty of rigid fork options...we all know that. Dunno why you think the Salsa is the only option for the OP...heck if you're going to try to derail his project, why not just suggest any rigid 29+ fork. Makes you sounds like a Salsa fanboi or a person with limited knowledge. The OP wants 100mm of suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    ...I dremeled out the arch of a Fox fork...
    Umm...nope. LOL!

I suppose this is fine if you're going to keep it tame...but crap man, you got gonads! Props.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chelboed View Post
    Good ol MTBR...ask for something specific, get redirected somewhere completely unrelated. There are plenty of rigid fork options...we all know that. Dunno why you think the Salsa is the only option for the OP...heck if you're going to try to derail his project, why not just suggest any rigid 29+ fork. Makes you sounds like a Salsa fanboi or a person with limited knowledge. The OP wants 100mm of suspension.

Umm...nope. LOL!

I suppose this is fine if you're going to keep it tame...but crap man, you got gonads! Props.
    I guess I missed the part where he's asking for 100mm travel, maybe for me travel and spacing are different things. Glad you were able to be helpful giving suggestions of what else he should look in to, rather than worry about other people's post and come in police everyone, perhaps giving your own advice might be more helpful.

Anyways, I stand by what I said, rigid 100mm spacing by 15mm salsa fire starter. If the OP wants a 100mm travel, then there are plenty of other options.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Actually, he could have actually been referring to any (or no) travel fork. His 100mm could have been spacing only. It's really not specified. I guess I just assumed the 100mm was travel. My apologies.

mtbr member
    The Bontrager Bowie is also 100x15. It's the one that came on the original Stache 5 (and Superfly) They show up on eBay regularily.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Actually, he could have actually been referring to any (or no) travel fork. His 100mm could have been spacing only. It's really not specified. I guess I just assumed the 100mm was travel. My apologies.
    All is good bro. Perhaps the OP can help us by clarifying if he would like a suspension fork, rigid ? Lefty ? Lauf ?

mtbr member
    Both of these rigid forks are 15x100 through-axle and will clear 29x3 plus tires.

Niner ROS9 Plus fork
    https://m.ebay.com/itm/niner-imba-st...-/332714116701

Enve MTN fork
    https://enve.com/products/mountain-fork/

The way things are going, boost will soon be replaced by super-boost anyway.

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    The MRP Ribbon will take a 29x3, but their site says different. I called them and they a 29x3 on a 35mm-40mm rim will work. It's just very close to the bridge. They said they can't publish 29x3 for 'legal' reasons. On some frames there could be contact on a full bottom out.

It's worth the time call them and talk trough it. They are super nice and answer the phone. No worthless customer service reps. You are taking to the people building the hardware.

The fork is amazing and ramp control makes it feel bottomless. The adjustment on this fork is endless. I'm a die hard RockShox fan, but this is hands down better

https://www.mrpbike.com/ribbon/

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    MRP also has spacer kits to convert non boost hubs to boost spacing.

https://www.mrpbike.com/better-boost-adapter-kits/

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Sorry for the confusion.

I am building up a rigid single speed. So, I looking for a rigid fork. The front axle of the the wheel I ordered has a 15mm 100mm thru axle.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Thank you all for your time and suggestions.
    Take Care.

turtles make me hot
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    MRP Rock Solid comes in 3 lengths, is 15x100 and is supposed to clear up to 3.0 tires.

Carver also has two forks with the same axle spacing that may be cheaper.

There's also whisky no.9 if you feel like ponying up more money for the bling.

Been looking for the same, Rigid/15x100 fork but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

turtles make me hot
    Surly makes two Krampus forks. The one I posted above and the newer one with a 15mm thru axle. I have the newer one on my bike.
    One of my friends bought the steel Niner fork. When he got it, the thru axle would not thread in. He sent it back and got another one. This time, the wheel went in but it was difficult to get the axle threaded all the way in and the wheel was crooked. That fork was twisted as well. I looked up the Niner ork and the Surly fork and compared them. The Surly fork was lighter and cheaper.
    The A to C and the rake were slightly different between the two forks but certainly close enough.
    I like turtles