Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 301 to 395 of 395
  1. #301
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Zoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    98
    I have to start reading this thread from the beginning to look for an answer but maybe someone can jump in? Have you experimented on Hyduke with skinnier tires than 2.8? If you did, what is the tire model please.
    Zoran
    Advocate Cycles Hayduke 27.5+

    www.leavenotraceexpeditions.com

  2. #302
    hispanic mechanic
    Reputation: sslos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoran View Post
    I have to start reading this thread from the beginning to look for an answer but maybe someone can jump in? Have you experimented on Hyduke with skinnier tires than 2.8? If you did, what is the tire model please.
    Well, just put the 29" wheels back on yesterday to try them again (2.3 Maxxis High Roller II front, 2.3 Specialized Ground Control rear.) I normally use 2.8 Rangers.
    While I thought I'd feel faster on the climb, I don't think I did. And I missed the traction on the descent.
    I know you're probably asking about smaller 27.5" tires, so it's not quite analogous, but if anything I'm wanting 3.0, not narrower after yesterday's ride.

    Los
    Whiskey is my yoga.

    dongerparty.com

  3. #303
    Rippin da fAt
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,259
    Zoran, that would be akin to riding in wingtips...
    Get fAt, Stay fAt, Ride fAt
    Doctor recommended...

  4. #304
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Zoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    98
    Thank you.
    Yes I was asking about Scraper i45 rims and what will be the skinnier tire you can put on but not look like jerk. :-)

    I would like to do some commute on it until I have enough money for second bike. I depleted all my funds. Looks like the most reasonable will be 27.5 plus 2.8. Everything else will be too bad?
    Zoran
    Advocate Cycles Hayduke 27.5+

    www.leavenotraceexpeditions.com

  5. #305
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Zoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by BansheeRune View Post
    Zoran, that would be akin to riding in wingtips...
    I know ...
    :-(
    It is bad but I have only one bike and I have to bridge small time gap. i sold my ski gear and few jackets to get Hayduke and now I am in trouble. But kind of happy i have my new bikepacking rig.
    Zoran
    Advocate Cycles Hayduke 27.5+

    www.leavenotraceexpeditions.com

  6. #306
    Rippin da fAt
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoran View Post
    I know ...
    :-(
    It is bad but I have only one bike and I have to bridge small time gap. i sold my ski gear and few jackets to get Hayduke and now I am in trouble. But kind of happy i have my new bikepacking rig.
    I just had to pull your chain.

    On a serious note, a friend of mine has a first year Krampi with rabbi holes that he's run Ardent 2.4's on without issue. I think, of Maxxis tires the Ardent was a wee bit fat for a 2.4. They didn't look too outta place on that bike.
    Get fAt, Stay fAt, Ride fAt
    Doctor recommended...

  7. #307
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Boo Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoran View Post
    Thank you.
    Yes I was asking about Scraper i45 rims and what will be the skinnier tire you can put on but not look like jerk. :-)

    I would like to do some commute on it until I have enough money for second bike. I depleted all my funds. Looks like the most reasonable will be 27.5 plus 2.8. Everything else will be too bad?
    For commuting I'd take a look at the Schwalbe Super Moto-X RaceGuard. It's a 27.5x2.8 tire with a tread that is more appropriate for tarmac. It's "e-bike ready", so I don't know what implications that has for weight, but looks like it'd be a better option than running knobbies on tar.

    https://www.schwalbetires.com/bike_t...s/super-moto-x
    Crashing mountain bikes since 1990.

  8. #308
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Zoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    98
    Thank you both again.

    I wonder what do you think if it's Ok to put Schwalbe Super Moto-X RaceGuard 2.4 on i45mm rims instead? Price is so good but I need your opinion.

    Or should I call Schwalbe to be safe? Hopefully I will get on the phone someone who knows stuff. That is why this forum is so good. people experiment a lot and think differently than official reps or techs.



    Schwalbe Super Moto-X MTB Tyre - GreenGuard | Chain Reaction Cycles
    Zoran
    Advocate Cycles Hayduke 27.5+

    www.leavenotraceexpeditions.com

  9. #309
    Rippin da fAt
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,259
    Here's another option from Schwalbe. G-One 2.8

    https://www.schwalbetires.com/node/5149


    Lighter weight 790g vs. 910. Both in Raceguard. LiteSkin version is 655g
    Saves fuel!
    Get fAt, Stay fAt, Ride fAt
    Doctor recommended...

  10. #310
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Boo Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    324
    The Moto GreenGuard is 2.4, the RaceGuard is 2.8.

    I'd think you could run the 2.4 on a 45mm rim, but the tire profile will be different- lower/wider.

    Personally, I'd rather run a 2.8 than a 2.4 just because I likes the fat. Life is too short for skinny tires.
    Crashing mountain bikes since 1990.

  11. #311
    Rippin da fAt
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Bear View Post
    The Moto GreenGuard is 2.4, the RaceGuard is 2.8.

    I'd think you could run the 2.4 on a 45mm rim, but the tire profile will be different- lower/wider.

    Personally, I'd rather run a 2.8 than a 2.4 just because I likes the fat. Life is too short for skinny tires.
    Werd!!

    Bought a +bike to enjoy da +...
    gonna order a pair of the G-Ones for Sarge cause they look like an awesome street session tore for +bikes.
    Get fAt, Stay fAt, Ride fAt
    Doctor recommended...

  12. #312
    Jammin' Econo
    Reputation: Smithhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,092
    I couldn't look my Hayduke in the face if I put minus tires on it.
    “I dream of a day when my children will live in a world without the shackles of cause and effect.” - S. Colbert


  13. #313
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Zoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithhammer View Post
    I couldn't look my Hayduke in the face if I put minus tires on it.
    Please don't say that! :-) Hey! You are one of our Gurus here! You encourage all to experiment and break all the rules and stigmas.

    No worries ... I will will go with 2.8 gravel tires. I need them for some of my gravel multiday rides this season anyway.
    Zoran
    Advocate Cycles Hayduke 27.5+

    www.leavenotraceexpeditions.com

  14. #314
    Jammin' Econo
    Reputation: Smithhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoran View Post
    Please don't say that! :-) Hey! You are one of our Gurus here! You encourage all to experiment and break all the rules and stigmas.
    Guilty as charged! But there are some personal lines with my Hayduke that can't be crossed. It would be the equivalent of kicking a puppy.

    But I encourage others to do whatever the hell they want! Rules are for fools!
    “I dream of a day when my children will live in a world without the shackles of cause and effect.” - S. Colbert


  15. #315
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Zoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    98
    I have so many questions about Hayduke. Don't know where to start! But I have to wait short time.

    I need your opinion badly. Bike is right now on the way to me and I have to work on it to make it perfect!

    Then trips will come soon! Can't wait ...
    Zoran
    Advocate Cycles Hayduke 27.5+

    www.leavenotraceexpeditions.com

  16. #316
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    86
    Dang, I've got my Hayduke frame just sitting in the basement ready to start getting built up. All this talk gets me excited to get going on it, but I need to make the time............and pick up some parts and pieces!!😃

  17. #317
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19
    Hi folks!

    So I'm really excited to build up a Hayduke frame from Advocate in a few weeks. I'm honored to be an ambassador for them this season and get that bike out for a ton of trail riding and long distance bikepacking (I'm in a tent down in Patagonia right now having just ridden down here from Alaska on all the trails I could find over the last 3 years and 30,000 miles, but did it all on a fully rigid Surly Ogre. VERY excited to have a more aggressive trail bike). That said, I'm trying to decide between their build kits and would love some feedback about some options I'm being given:

    1. Fork: I can either go Fox Performance or Rockshox Yari. Any thoughts? Looks like Yari is travel adjustable 120mm-160mm and is upgradable. But perhaps the Fox is a better shock out the gate?

    2. LX vs. XT. I've always chosen XT but am paying for the build kit myself so I don't want to spend money I don't need to spend.

    3. Dropper post: seems like Fox's Transfer Dropper has good reviews. Any reasons NOT to go for that?

    Finally: What upgrades have people made that have significantly improved versatility and handling of the bike as a whole? I'm seeing some posts about wider bars with shorter stems. Anything else? I'm 6'1" and about 185lbs.

    Thanks in advance for any thoughts and feedback!

    Scott Pauker
    Welcome! - Spoke and Words

  18. #318
    Rippin da fAt
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,259
    MettaBeats, can't wait to start seeing pix! Sounds like a sweet ride comin you way. Gratz Dood!!
    Get fAt, Stay fAt, Ride fAt
    Doctor recommended...

  19. #319
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    65
    MettaBeats,

    First, what a nice way to treat yourself after completing such an amazing feat of conquering the Pan-American, and off-road! Big congratz! 

    As far as building your new Hayduke, here are some suggestions:

    1. Suspension fork - I won't get into brands, but definitely do some reading in the Shocks & Suspenion MTBR forum as this will the single most expensive component you will buy. I am very pleased with the 120mm Reba that came stock with mine. One thing is clear for me on the Hayduke as far as fork travel goes:

    - 120-130mm travel is more than adequate for bikepacking, X-country/trail riding.
    - Go with 140mm if you enjoy and go often on more advanced and gnarly stuff.
    - Over 140mm you're already exceeding the geometry design of this bike and will likely experience diminishing returns.

    2. Drivetrain - Shimano XT or Sram GX (take your pick given your budget), but either way go 1x11. Make sure crankset is Boost compatible.

    3. Dropper post - I have the new Fox Transfer and it's smooth, with infinite adjustment and most importantly, there's no play, something that affects many dropper posts available in the market even out of the box. Get the version with internal routing (Hayduke frame ready for it) and since you must buy the handlebar remote separately, get the one from Wolf Tooth. I bought both from Jenson USA. By the way, getting the right dropper seatpost length is really tricky on paper if you've never ridden the bike. I would highly suggest getting a cheap aluminum seatpost so you can play with the right length before ordering this expensive dropper post.

    What size frame are you getting and what rim/hubs do you have in mind?

  20. #320
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pringle View Post
    MettaBeats,

    First, what a nice way to treat yourself after completing such an amazing feat of conquering the Pan-American, and off-road! Big congratz! 

    As far as building your new Hayduke, here are some suggestions:

    1. Suspension fork - I won't get into brands, but definitely do some reading in the Shocks & Suspenion MTBR forum as this will the single most expensive component you will buy. I am very pleased with the 120mm Reba that came stock with mine. One thing is clear for me on the Hayduke as far as fork travel goes:

    - 120-130mm travel is more than adequate for bikepacking, X-country/trail riding.
    - Go with 140mm if you enjoy and go often on more advanced and gnarly stuff.
    - Over 140mm you're already exceeding the geometry design of this bike and will likely experience diminishing returns.

    2. Drivetrain - Shimano XT or Sram GX (take your pick given your budget), but either way go 1x11. Make sure crankset is Boost compatible.

    3. Dropper post - I have the new Fox Transfer and it's smooth, with infinite adjustment and most importantly, there's no play, something that affects many dropper posts available in the market even out of the box. Get the version with internal routing (Hayduke frame ready for it) and since you must buy the handlebar remote separately, get the one from Wolf Tooth. I bought both from Jenson USA. By the way, getting the right dropper seatpost length is really tricky on paper if you've never ridden the bike. I would highly suggest getting a cheap aluminum seatpost so you can play with the right length before ordering this expensive dropper post.

    What size frame are you getting and what rim/hubs do you have in mind?
    Hey Chris,

    Thanks for your reply. I was assuming 120-140 was the perfect travel range, so we're on the same page there. Any bigger and I'd be going FS on a different bike.

    Just to be clear, the specific parts I wrote about were because those are my options from the Advocate people, choosing between two build kits. So really trying to understand if given new parts:

    1. is XT worth the cost over LX
    2. How do RS Yari and Fox Performance compare?

    Thanks so much for your thoughts on the dropper post. Glad to know it's a winner. I feel that getting the saddle out of the way makes descending technical stuff on a hardtail incredibly more versatile. Glad to know the Fox is a good one.

  21. #321
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19
    The wheels that come on it are Stans S1 wheelset. I hope it's solid, as it's new.

  22. #322
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    29
    I've got to see some pics of the Hayduke built up with those 2.8 MotoX or G-One tires... I've always been a sucker for bouncy "urban assault" builds, and even the classic Hookworms can't compete with a 2.8 semi-slick like that.

  23. #323
    mtbr member
    Reputation: schuster.ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    57
    It seems like most Hayduke's are sold out on various sites. Probably means they are releasing an updated build/colors. Any info on this?
    Santa Cruz Hightower CC 27+
    Soma Double Cross
    (hoping to get a 29/27+ hardtail)

  24. #324
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Boo Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    324
    MettaBeats - are you opposed to running SRAM for the drivetrain? If not, I'd look at the GX as well. I have been really impressed by it on my Hayduke. One of the smoothest shifting and most usable gear ranges I've had the pleasure of thumbing through.
    Crashing mountain bikes since 1990.

  25. #325
    hispanic mechanic
    Reputation: sslos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,481
    In my opinion, the SLX and XT lines are closer in price than in fit and finish. Performance wise, you couldn't go wrong with either. I went with XT because of biases from 25 years of working as a mechanic.
    As far as suspension, I have a FOX Performance with the FIT damper, and am very pleased. The Yari I demoed was uninspiring- clunky travel, vague adjustments, and a fair amount heavier than the Fox without major improvements to stiffness.

    Los
    Whiskey is my yoga.

    dongerparty.com

  26. #326
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bikeny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,411
    Quote Originally Posted by schuster.ryan View Post
    It seems like most Hayduke's are sold out on various sites. Probably means they are releasing an updated build/colors. Any info on this?
    I'm not sure where you are looking, but just go to the Advocate Cycles website and order one, seem to have plenty in stock.

  27. #327
    mtbr member
    Reputation: schuster.ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    57
    They only have the XL as a complete bike. Frames seem to be available.

    according to this https://www.kruegeroutdoor.com/colle...-cycles?page=1
    Santa Cruz Hightower CC 27+
    Soma Double Cross
    (hoping to get a 29/27+ hardtail)

  28. #328
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19
    I'm going XT because it's more serviceable in Latin America. SRAM is harder to find.

  29. #329
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19
    Thanks man. I decided on XT, not a huge price difference at dealer cost. And also the Fox shock. The Yari would take some upgrading to be more performance oriented. Fox seems solid right outa the box. BTW Whisky is my Yoga is one of the first stickers I put on my computer when I started my ride South almost 3 years ago. Chris Reichel gave it to me in Phoenix!

  30. #330
    hispanic mechanic
    Reputation: sslos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,481
    Quote Originally Posted by MettaBeats View Post
    Thanks man. I decided on XT, not a huge price difference at dealer cost. And also the Fox shock. The Yari would take some upgrading to be more performance oriented. Fox seems solid right outa the box. BTW Whisky is my Yoga is one of the first stickers I put on my computer when I started my ride South almost 3 years ago. Chris Reichel gave it to me in Phoenix!
    Glad you approve of my co-opting that saying!
    I think you're going to like that set up. Been riding mine as much as the weather allows right now.
    It's not the most "rowdy" bike out there, but plenty stable without being so slack that it would handle weird fully loaded.

    Los
    Whiskey is my yoga.

    dongerparty.com

  31. #331
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    115
    I know this came up early in this discussion thread, but I was curious to see how everyone has been getting on with pedal strikes on the Hayduke. Is it still not a issue for most Hayduke riders here?

    That listed 60mm BB drop makes me worry a bit, but I'll take user experience over numbers any day.

    Thanks!

  32. #332
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Zoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by sslos View Post
    As far as suspension, I have a FOX Performance with the FIT damper, and am very pleased. The Yari I demoed was uninspiring- clunky travel, vague adjustments, and a fair amount heavier than the Fox without major improvements to stiffness.
    Los
    I really hope you will comment ...
    On the website only Factory models have FIT4 damper. I was looking into FOX 34 to do upgrade one day. Maybe in Fall. Not sure when and should I pick 120 or go 140.
    What is your FOx Performance model?
    Your Fox Performance probably can fit 2.8 tires nicely? Could you tell me can you put original Panaracer tires after you changed fork? Also have you picked 140?
    Thanks a lot.
    Zoran
    Advocate Cycles Hayduke 27.5+

    www.leavenotraceexpeditions.com

  33. #333
    Jammin' Econo
    Reputation: Smithhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,092
    Quote Originally Posted by kwabbott View Post
    I know this came up early in this discussion thread, but I was curious to see how everyone has been getting on with pedal strikes on the Hayduke. Is it still not a issue for most Hayduke riders here?

    That listed 60mm BB drop makes me worry a bit, but I'll take user experience over numbers any day.

    Thanks!
    On the rare occasion I've had a pedal strike on the Hayduke, it's been my fault, not the bike's. I don't consider it an issue at all. YMMV.
    “I dream of a day when my children will live in a world without the shackles of cause and effect.” - S. Colbert


  34. #334
    Rippin da fAt
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,259
    Smithhammer did every pedastrike on a speed bump trying to get to the package store...
    Get fAt, Stay fAt, Ride fAt
    Doctor recommended...

  35. #335
    hispanic mechanic
    Reputation: sslos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoran View Post
    I really hope you will comment ...
    On the website only Factory models have FIT4 damper. I was looking into FOX 34 to do upgrade one day. Maybe in Fall. Not sure when and should I pick 120 or go 140.
    What is your FOx Performance model?
    Your Fox Performance probably can fit 2.8 tires nicely? Could you tell me can you put original Panaracer tires after you changed fork? Also have you picked 140?
    Thanks a lot.
    Okay, so I guess I should clarify a couple of things. I built this bike from the frame up, I opted not to go with a complete because I didn't really care for the kit.
    Some of the OEM Performance forks came with FIT dampers. Mine is one that came stock off of a Salsa Pony Rustler. If you keep your eyes peeled, you can find them for considerably less than the Factory forks. The difference is the lack of a Kashima coating on the stantions (not a big deal in my experience) and no low-speed compression adjustment. Mine came set up as a 130mm, and I'm not sure I'd want it any longer.
    With the Fox 34 Boost forks, you can easily fit any 27.5" tire out there, up to and including the 27fat tires from Maxxis and Bontrager.
    I currently have 2.8" Rangers, but plan on picking up a pair of Specialized Purgatory 3.0s, I'll report back on how I like the bigger tires on here.
    I hope this answers some of your questions!

    Los
    Whiskey is my yoga.

    dongerparty.com

  36. #336
    Jammin' Econo
    Reputation: Smithhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,092
    Quote Originally Posted by BansheeRune View Post
    Smithhammer did every pedastrike on a speed bump trying to get to the package store...
    While steering with my feet and jrinkin a beer....
    “I dream of a day when my children will live in a world without the shackles of cause and effect.” - S. Colbert


  37. #337
    Rippin da fAt
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithhammer View Post
    While steering with my feet and jrinkin a beer....
    Beer in one hand, hooter in the other... Man, you got it goin on!!
    Get fAt, Stay fAt, Ride fAt
    Doctor recommended...

  38. #338
    Jammin' Econo
    Reputation: Smithhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,092
    Quote Originally Posted by BansheeRune View Post
    Beer in one hand, hooter in the other... Man, you got it goin on!!
    I stand on the shoulders of giants.

    “I dream of a day when my children will live in a world without the shackles of cause and effect.” - S. Colbert


  39. #339
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    65
    My Hayduke with a few upgrades: i9 Hubs, WTB Trail Boss 3.0 tires, Fox Transfer Kashima dropper post, carbon handlebar, Specialized Phenom saddle (a lot comfier for me than the stock WTB saddle) and a few bling accents.

    This hardtail performs solidly on the trails. It eats drops and rocky surfaces. It climbs loose stuff and goes over sandy with good traction. The geometry is spot-on -- hardly any pedal strikes for those with that concern. So far I have done a series of short ~25 Km/15 Mi. loops and a 115 Km/70 Mi. X-country endurance event. This bike instills confidence in virtually every situation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hayduke 27.5+ hardtail-img_0008.jpg  


  40. #340
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dbhammercycle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,625
    That has to be one of the best response post pictures I have ever seen on this site Smithy, I would have repped you but I got to spread it around first
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

  41. #341
    Jammin' Econo
    Reputation: Smithhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,092
    Quote Originally Posted by dbhammercycle View Post
    That has to be one of the best response post pictures I have ever seen on this site Smithy, I would have repped you but I got to spread it around first
    Just trying to do what I can to keep things from getting too serious around here.

    And, to get back on topic, trying to figure out how soon I can get my 'Duke out on dry trails sooner than later. Full-on mud season and still lots of snow in the mountains around here. But if I can swing a 3-day weekend, it's within striking distance...
    “I dream of a day when my children will live in a world without the shackles of cause and effect.” - S. Colbert


  42. #342
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Boo Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithhammer View Post
    trying to figure out how soon I can get my 'Duke out on dry trails sooner than later. Full-on mud season and still lots of snow in the mountains around here. But if I can swing a 3-day weekend, it's within striking distance...
    Name:  lucky.jpeg
Views: 698
Size:  24.0 KB
    Crashing mountain bikes since 1990.

  43. #343
    Jammin' Econo
    Reputation: Smithhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,092
    More like....



    @Chris Pringle - the white and gold Hayduke looks classy. And I agree with your thoughts. The only limitations I've found so far on this bike are things I probably shouldn't be doing anyway.
    “I dream of a day when my children will live in a world without the shackles of cause and effect.” - S. Colbert


  44. #344
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    121
    I'm running a Fox 34 Fit4 Factory at 120mm. It's handling good but I'm tempted to open it up and change the travel to 130mm. Anyone done similar?

  45. #345
    hispanic mechanic
    Reputation: sslos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,481
    Quote Originally Posted by adagioca View Post
    I'm running a Fox 34 Fit4 Factory at 120mm. It's handling good but I'm tempted to open it up and change the travel to 130mm. Anyone done similar?
    Mine is 130mm. Handles juuuust fine!

    Los
    Whiskey is my yoga.

    dongerparty.com

  46. #346
    Jammin' Econo
    Reputation: Smithhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,092
    Quote Originally Posted by adagioca View Post
    I'm running a Fox 34 Fit4 Factory at 120mm. It's handling good but I'm tempted to open it up and change the travel to 130mm. Anyone done similar?
    I've been thinking of swapping in a Fox 34 and doing the same thing...
    “I dream of a day when my children will live in a world without the shackles of cause and effect.” - S. Colbert


  47. #347
    mtbr member
    Reputation: screamingbunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    685
    My Pike is 140 and it's awesome, climbs fine and descends like a demon

  48. #348
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19
    So Advocate is setting me up with their XT build which includes the Fox Performance 120mm fork. Can that be opened up to a 130mm travel? Any thoughts?

  49. #349
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19
    Anyone on this thread have a Large Hayduke that can do me a favor? I'm having a frame bag made by Defiant Bags but they need a photo of the bike with a tape measure running along the length of it so they can get a measurement to enter into their CAD program. I don't receive my Hayduke frame until early May and need the bag in hand by then. So any chance one of you with a Large could take such a photo and email it to me in the next couple days?

    email is spokeandwords@gmail.com

    Thanks in advance!

  50. #350
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Zoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    98
    Want inches or centimeters? I have my large Hayduke in front of my door now.
    Zoran
    Advocate Cycles Hayduke 27.5+

    www.leavenotraceexpeditions.com

  51. #351
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19
    Wow! Thanks! how about both, if you don't mind. I don't know what they want. Obviously an easy conversion for them but they didn't specify. Thanks!!!!

  52. #352
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Zoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    98
    It will be great if someone else with Large Hayduke measure and then you will have two people measuring. Just to eliminate some error. But I tried my best. :-)

    Later I will send you pics with centimeters also. I measured inner frame tight!

    I measured tight: 22in x 15in x 26.5in

    You have to take out half an inch of all this measurements to make it perfect fit.

    My frame bag in not here yet but I am going to tell you measurements in next reply.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hayduke 27.5+ hardtail-img_0390.jpg  

    Hayduke 27.5+ hardtail-img_0388.jpg  

    Hayduke 27.5+ hardtail-img_0385.jpg  

    Hayduke 27.5+ hardtail-img_0384.jpg  

    Zoran
    Advocate Cycles Hayduke 27.5+

    www.leavenotraceexpeditions.com

  53. #353
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19
    Thanks man!

  54. #354
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Zoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    98
    My frame bag will be Ortlieb LARGE frame bag. https://www.ortlieb.com/en/Frame-Pack/

    Dimensions of the bag are 19.6in x 11.4in x 22in and frame is (as I measured) 22in x 15in x 26.5in.

    I believe it will be fine. I will be happy. It is hard to find perfect fit when you buy standard products. You have a great opportunity to make perfect fit and hopefully affordable price.

    Can't wait now to see other people response.
    Zoran
    Advocate Cycles Hayduke 27.5+

    www.leavenotraceexpeditions.com

  55. #355
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19
    I only suggest you consider going zipperless. I've tried to remove as many zippers from my BP gear as possible. they always fail, especially on a bag that is used many times a day like a frame bag. That's why I'm going with the Defiant bags...

  56. #356
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19
    Oh, one last thing, can you send a photo of the frame as a whole from the side, at the level of the bike? I'm not sure if the pic on the Advocate website is of a medium or a large and I want them to get the angles right. Thanks!

  57. #357
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19
    Hey Zoran,

    Sorry for all the messages! so I just heard back from Defiant. They need a photo of the bike, from the side, with the tape measure laid down on the floor running just in front of the wheels, running the length of the bike... sorry to bother you but that's the shot I need...

  58. #358
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Zoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    98
    here it is. I am also going to email you separately.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hayduke 27.5+ hardtail-img_0391.jpg  

    Zoran
    Advocate Cycles Hayduke 27.5+

    www.leavenotraceexpeditions.com

  59. #359
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Zoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by MettaBeats View Post
    Hey Zoran,

    Sorry for all the messages! so I just heard back from Defiant. They need a photo of the bike, from the side, with the tape measure laid down on the floor running just in front of the wheels, running the length of the bike... sorry to bother you but that's the shot I need...
    Sorry but I am not sure what they are asking you to give them?
    I don't have a long tape measure. Just short tape one from my wife's sowing kit. Sorry ... Maybe someone else can help. My tool box is very limited.
    Zoran
    Advocate Cycles Hayduke 27.5+

    www.leavenotraceexpeditions.com

  60. #360
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoran View Post
    Sorry but I am not sure what they are asking you to give them?
    I don't have a long tape measure. Just short tape one from my wife's sowing kit. Sorry ... Maybe someone else can help. My tool box is very limited.
    What they want is to make a drawing of the bike to scale, the cool thing about modern CAD software is that if you get a photo of the bike from the side, with the tape measure on the bike, they can use that to scale the picture and take every other dimension. Like magic. Ultimately it is simpler than you are imagining.

    Of course, it's awesome that you are going through the effort for a stranger.

  61. #361
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Zoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    98
    I see. Thank you. I like to help if possible. People are good around here.
    Zoran
    Advocate Cycles Hayduke 27.5+

    www.leavenotraceexpeditions.com

  62. #362
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19
    I totally appreciate the karma building Zoran!! That said, if I can beg beg beg you to try this picture thing once more, they need the shot to be of the whole bike from the side, not just the frame (it's for a bag that fits under the downtube, that's why...), with that tape measure extended along the bike in enough detail to read the numbers on it (no matter if the tape is a little shorter than the length of the bike). No worries if you don't have time. You already helped a ton. I'm just trying to get these bags ordered before I acquire the frame so I can head out on a trip immediately after I build it. (I'll only have a week turnaround from receiving the bike to heading out). Thanks!!!

  63. #363
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19
    This is the example they gave me to reproduce with the Hayduke: Hayduke 27.5+ hardtail-salsa-beargrease-lg-2017.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Salsa Beargrease LG 2017.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	120.2 KB 
ID:	1130073

  64. #364
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Zoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    98
    I will find tape measure which is long enough and take a picture for you. Could you tell me how long this tape is opened on this pictures? I will try tonight.
    Zoran
    Advocate Cycles Hayduke 27.5+

    www.leavenotraceexpeditions.com

  65. #365
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19
    Thanks again Zoran. I think it doesn't really matter how long the tape is opened. I think as long as possible as in the pictures I attached. But I assume they can still scale the picture to size with any length of tape measure so long as the photo is taken in the same way. Thanks!

  66. #366
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Zoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    98
    Sounds good ... I will mail you tonight.
    Zoran
    Advocate Cycles Hayduke 27.5+

    www.leavenotraceexpeditions.com

  67. #367
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19
    Thanks! please send to spokeandwords@gmail.com

  68. #368
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by MettaBeats View Post
    Thanks! please send to spokeandwords@gmail.com
    Just sent you a couple pics of my large hope it works out

  69. #369
    Jammin' Econo
    Reputation: Smithhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,092
    Just to add - Rogue Panda recently announced that they have all frame sizes of Hayduke on file, and they make a sweet rolltop frame bag. No need to measure anything just place the order and tell them what size Hayduke you have.



    (I have no connection to RP. Just a very satisfied repeat customer)
    “I dream of a day when my children will live in a world without the shackles of cause and effect.” - S. Colbert


  70. #370
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19
    Damn you smithhammer! Now I have more research to do!! I just went on RP's page and it looks good, also saves me about $30 from the Defiant price. I might pull the trigger. Lemme know if you or anyone else out there knows of any other seatpost bags that are made with some sort of rigid spine other than Defiant and Porcelain Rocket. I'm tired of the wag on my old and beat to shit Vischasa from Revelate.

  71. #371
    Jammin' Econo
    Reputation: Smithhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,092
    Quote Originally Posted by MettaBeats View Post
    Damn you smithhammer! Now I have more research to do!! I just went on RP's page and it looks good, also saves me about $30 from the Defiant price. I might pull the trigger. Lemme know if you or anyone else out there knows of any other seatpost bags that are made with some sort of rigid spine other than Defiant and Porcelain Rocket. I'm tired of the wag on my old and beat to shit Vischasa from Revelate.
    Ha. I believe Portland Design Works offers a rigid saddlebag support rack as well, similar to the PR. And RP makes a seatbag called the Picketpost that, while it doesn't have a rigid rack component, has additional straps that attach to the seatstays that greatly reduces wag in my experience.
    “I dream of a day when my children will live in a world without the shackles of cause and effect.” - S. Colbert


  72. #372
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Zoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    98
    I also sent few pictures. Hope you will make good decision. Good luck!
    Zoran
    Advocate Cycles Hayduke 27.5+

    www.leavenotraceexpeditions.com

  73. #373
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    29
    Sounds like Mettabeats owes Zoran a beer.

  74. #374
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Zoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    98
    Beer will be nice! :-)
    Zoran
    Advocate Cycles Hayduke 27.5+

    www.leavenotraceexpeditions.com

  75. #375
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19
    Next time I'm rolling North from Seattle through Vancouver, we'll have a Hayduke beer summit!

  76. #376
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Zoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    98
    Could you please tell me could any of the Tubus racks fit Hayduke with 27.5x2.8 tires? I reviewed all and recommended tire is 60mm. I believe 2.8 tires are 70mm.

    Tubus you could still find on sale somehow. OMM racks are so expensive and I can't go that way.
    Zoran
    Advocate Cycles Hayduke 27.5+

    www.leavenotraceexpeditions.com

  77. #377
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19
    Not sure to be honest. I've not looked into tubus and am not planning to run any racks with the hayduke...

  78. #378
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Zoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    98
    Thank you ...

    You know when you scrap all kind of funds, to get new bike and then you end up with one bike! No commuter, no MTB and no gravel bike. My Hayduke is now all I have. I am not like my friend who, when i come, move his bikes around in living room, for us to have a seat and have a beer. :-) No space ...

    I commute with Hayduke and for many looks weird. Oh well ... I love it and I like this buzzing sound Hayduke makes. I don't have ring bell anyway.
    Zoran
    Advocate Cycles Hayduke 27.5+

    www.leavenotraceexpeditions.com

  79. #379
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    86
    I finally got the Titanium Hayduke built up. Stole all of the parts from my Pony Rustler, with the exception of the headset and bottom bracket. Loving the ride so far!! Attachment 1138589

    I'm not sure what happened. When I previewed my post, I thought the picture was right in the post.

  80. #380
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Zoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    98
    I did multi-day route on Vancouver Island on my Hayduke. It was my first trip on it and bike was strong and steady (no high speeds on it). You could see some of my pictures on Flickr ... Port Alberni BC to Victoria BC

    I have question about tires again.
    After reading article posted at Bikepacking 29x2.6 tires I was wondering could you tell me if 2.6 tires can fit on the 29inch wheels on Hayduke?

    I read somewhere we can't go over 2.3 size tire on 29inch option.
    Zoran
    Advocate Cycles Hayduke 27.5+

    www.leavenotraceexpeditions.com

  81. #381
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2
    I have a 27.5x2.8 and 29x2.3 wheel set for my Hayduke. The 29x2.3 are WTB Vigilante's. I'm running a 2x1 set up, so I have a front derailleur. The 29x2.3 just fit in with comfortable clearance. There would be more clearance without a front derailleur. I wouldn't run bigger on my bike.

  82. #382
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Zoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    98
    Thanks for your comment.
    Zoran
    Advocate Cycles Hayduke 27.5+

    www.leavenotraceexpeditions.com

  83. #383
    mtbr member
    Reputation: screamingbunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    685
    Any of you 'Duke boys planning on going to NEMBA Fest this year?

  84. #384
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    86
    Hayduke 27.5+ hardtail-img_0021.jpg
    Here is a pic of my titanium Hayduke that I finally got built up!!
    So far, I am loving this bike!!

  85. #385
    Jammin' Econo
    Reputation: Smithhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,092
    Quote Originally Posted by screamingbunny View Post
    Any of you 'Duke boys planning on going to NEMBA Fest this year?
    I wish, but that's on the other side of the country for me. Seems like a killer trail network around there!

    @rlbruski - Congrats on the ti 'Duke! I've got a hankering to upgrade my frame to the ti version one of these days. I have a few other upgrades in the works right now, tho....

    “I dream of a day when my children will live in a world without the shackles of cause and effect.” - S. Colbert


  86. #386
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithhammer View Post

    @rlbruski - Congrats on the ti 'Duke! I've got a hankering to upgrade my frame to the ti version one of these days. I have a few other upgrades in the works right now, tho....

    Thanks Smithhammer. I haven't ridden the steel frame. The Ti is great, but I'm not sure I'm discerning enough to really tell difference. Fantastic bikes, though!!👍🏻

  87. #387
    Jammin' Econo
    Reputation: Smithhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,092
    Anyone riding more squish on their Hayduke than 120mm?

    I know technically that's what the bike is built for, but I'm thinking about going with a little more cush up front, like a Fox 34 140.

    Reported A-C lengths for the Reba RL 120 are all over the place depending on what website I look at, but I'm measuring 525mm. A-C for the 34 140 is reported to be 545mm. I know a 20mm difference will slack the bike out a little more, but I'm fine with that, and really, 20mm doesn't seem like a huge difference. And, the difference in height between a DHF 2.8" (what I'm running now) and a true 29er tire is more than that. Since the bike is rated for both tire sizes, I can't see how an extra 20mm would adversely affect the geo too much, nor cause undue stress on the frame.

    Any input appreciated....
    Last edited by Smithhammer; 06-17-2017 at 11:13 AM.
    “I dream of a day when my children will live in a world without the shackles of cause and effect.” - S. Colbert


  88. #388
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithhammer View Post
    Anyone riding more squish on their Hayduke than 120mm?

    I know technically that's what the bike is built for, but I'm thinking about going with a little more cush up front, like a Fox 34 140.

    Reported A-C lengths for the Reba RL 120 are all over the place depending on what website I look at, but I'm measuring 525mm. A-C for the 34 140 is reported to be 545mm. I know a 20mm difference will slack the bike out a little more, but I'm fine with that, and really, 20mm doesn't seem like a huge difference. And, the difference in height between a DHF 2.8" (what I'm running now) and a true 29er tire is more than that. Since the bike is rated for both tire sizes, I can't see how an extra 20mm would adversely affect the geo too much, nor cause undue stress on the frame.

    Any input appreciated....
    Smith,
    I'm running the Fox 34 130mm on mine, that I pulled off my Pony Rustler. It's the only length I've tried on the Hayduke, so I can't really compare, but handling, steering, etc feel just fine to me. I think the extra 10 mm slacks me out about 1/2 degree in head angle, so a 140 should slacken you about 1 full degree. A little slacker doesn't hurt in my book. Still handles just fine.

  89. #389
    Jammin' Econo
    Reputation: Smithhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,092
    Quote Originally Posted by rlbruski View Post
    Smith,
    I'm running the Fox 34 130mm on mine, that I pulled off my Pony Rustler. It's the only length I've tried on the Hayduke, so I can't really compare, but handling, steering, etc feel just fine to me. I think the extra 10 mm slacks me out about 1/2 degree in head angle, so a 140 should slacken you about 1 full degree. A little slacker doesn't hurt in my book. Still handles just fine.
    Awesome - thanks. That's what I figure as well. And given that it's a well made steel frame, I'm not too worried about any stress on the headtube from the slight angle change. Maybe if this was a carbon bike I'd be a more conservative.

    Btw, I've been away from the interwebs for a couple days, and shortly after typing the above, I realized the "27.5+ 2.8" vs. 29er" example doesn't hold any water, for what I'm guessing are obvious reasons. I was just so tunnel-visioned on changes to the front end that I wasn't thinking. Derp.

    Anyway, Fox 34 140 on the way. Can't wait...
    “I dream of a day when my children will live in a world without the shackles of cause and effect.” - S. Colbert


  90. #390
    Jammin' Econo
    Reputation: Smithhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,092
    Recent Hayduke improvements:

    Fox 34 Factory Boost 140mm fork
    Maxxis DHF/HRII 2.8s
    I9 Torch hubs laced to Scraper i40 rims
    RF Next 3/4 rise bar
    RF Atlas 50mm stem

    The sum of the above has turned this bike into a hella fun trail ripper!

    “I dream of a day when my children will live in a world without the shackles of cause and effect.” - S. Colbert


  91. #391
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithhammer View Post
    Recent Hayduke improvements:

    Fox 34 Factory Boost 140mm fork
    Maxxis DHF/HRII 2.8s
    I9 Torch hubs laced to Scraper i40 rims
    RF Next 3/4 rise bar
    RF Atlas 50mm stem

    The sum of the above has turned this bike into a hella fun trail ripper!
    Looks great, Smithhammer!!
    What size frame are you riding?

  92. #392
    Jammin' Econo
    Reputation: Smithhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,092
    Quote Originally Posted by rlbruski View Post
    Looks great, Smithhammer!!
    What size frame are you riding?
    Thanks. It's a medium. I'm 5'10" and could have gone either M or L, but I prefer the smaller frame.
    “I dream of a day when my children will live in a world without the shackles of cause and effect.” - S. Colbert


  93. #393
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    140
    Would appreciate anyone to provide their experiences between the steel Hayduke and the Canfield Nimble 9. I have narrowed down my purchase considerations to the Hayduke, Nimble 9 and Spot Rocker. I parking lot and buff trail demoed the Spot Rocker, it is a very efficient peddler, very stiff for a steel bike, the seat tube angle is steep and the stack is a little low. I like the Nimble 9's lower standover, height, threaded bottom bracket, but not crazy about their drop-outs. My impressions from reading this entire thread is that the Hayduke offers a very refined ride and tubeset. Additionally I like the drop-out system, but not crazy about the press-fit BB.

    Any thoughts, opinions or real world experiences are appreciated...I am usually very decisive, but I am very perplexed with which frame to purchase.

    Also, I would be very interested in purchasing anyone's used Titanium Hayduke in medium

    Quote Originally Posted by nitrousjunky View Post
    Congrats man! Let us know your thoughts compared to the ol Nimble 9 (after a little saddle time of course).

  94. #394
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    140
    Would appreciate anyone on this thread to provide their experiences between the steel Hayduke and the Canfield Nimble 9. I have narrowed down my purchase considerations to the Hayduke, Nimble 9. I like the Nimble 9's lower standover height, threaded bottom bracket, but not crazy about their drop-outs. My impressions from reading this entire thread is that the Hayduke offers a very refined ride and tubeset. Additionally I like the drop-out system, but not crazy about the press-fit BB.

    Any thoughts, opinions or real world experiences are appreciated...I am usually very decisive, but I am very perplexed with which frame to purchase.

    Also, I would be very interested in purchasing anyone's used Medium Titanium Hayduke!

    Quote Originally Posted by nitrousjunky View Post
    Congrats man! Let us know your thoughts compared to the ol Nimble 9 (after a little saddle time of course).

  95. #395
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Boo Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    324

    Rode some gravel

    My wife and I went out in search of gravel roads this past Sunday. We put together 20 miles of mostly gravel, with some pavement. I was pretty sure I want my next bike to be a gravel bike. After Sunday, I have no doubt. Hayduke was fine to let me know that I'll enjoy the activity- but looking forward to getting another steel steed for gravel next spring. Hayduke 27.5+ hardtail-hd-grav.jpg
    Crashing mountain bikes since 1990.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. Used FS or New Hardtail?!
    By DirtWagon in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-04-2015, 12:40 PM
  2. How much can this Hardtail take......
    By jdiulus in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-26-2014, 07:19 PM
  3. Hardtail or not to hardtail - thoughts and advice please
    By Velosprocket in forum Specialized
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 02-15-2014, 07:57 PM
  4. HardTail under 700$
    By brolia in forum Where are the Best Deals?
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-29-2012, 07:33 AM
  5. Hardtail to FS back to hardtail?
    By VTSession in forum All Mountain
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-15-2012, 08:16 AM

Members who have read this thread: 364

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •