mtbr member
    May 2006

Back in black ( 2018 Trek Stache)

So I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you to all here on this fourm but first would like to share my situation..I am almost 51 year's old and have been loving and riding bikes for well over 40 years,truth is it's just always been my deepest passion. But i haven't owned or ridden a bike since 2013 due to poor life choices. I have had a very long list of beautiful bikes but have just had this thing for the Stache ever since I saw it here in late 2015. My life is very good and has been for sometime now but I just felt like my riding days were behind me. My girlfriend said to me a month ago "you need to get back on a bike" so I started to entertain the thought and all that passion just came flooding back in. I just bought a 2018 Stache 7 and have been back in the woods for two weeks now and am just feeling so completely blessed and do I ever love this bike...But I really wanted to say thanks to all here on this forum for all the insightful threads in and around this bike and plus riding as a whole...So thanks to all and am grateful to back in the woods and back here on MTBR...(sorry for the long read) Sincerely yours CF.

Mtn Biker Machinist
    Now thatís a reason to post! Glad youíre digging the new bike, but mostly glad youíre doing what makes you happy! Enjoy riding, & post pics of your new ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neg reppers r my biatches

Fred!!!!

YO FRED!!!

douchbag aquaholic told me you made this post so i had to read it. i have been off bike for a LONG time too but now i am motivated.

i hope you have been well. we need to catch up

p.s. aquaholic, you are a @unt

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY FRED View Post
    So I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you to all here on this fourm but first would like to share my situation..I am almost 51 year's old and have been loving and riding bikes for well over 40 years,truth is it's just always been my deepest passion. But i haven't owned or ridden a bike since 2013 due to poor life choices. I have had a very long list of beautiful bikes but have just had this thing for the Stache ever since I saw it here in late 2015. My life is very good and has been for sometime now but I just felt like my riding days were behind me. My girlfriend said to me a month ago "you need to get back on a bike" so I started to entertain the thought and all that passion just came flooding back in. I just bought a 2018 Stache 7 and have been back in the woods for two weeks now and am just feeling so completely blessed and do I ever love this bike...But I really wanted to say thanks to all here on this forum for all the insightful threads in and around this bike and plus riding as a whole...So thanks to all and am grateful to back in the woods and back here on MTBR...(sorry for the long read) Sincerely yours CF.
    Don't know you, but it's always cool to hear that someone is stoked about getting back on a bike! The Stache is a fun bike, for sure. Post up some pics, and enjoy!
    "Caught my first tube this morning....sir!"

Cycologist
    Welcome back, and you qualify for:

Fifty+ Years Old - Mtbr.com
    There are two types of people in this world:
    1) Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Keep at it!

I am much older than you, have two Staches and ride almost every day.

Nice story.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I was off the bike for the better part of 5 years and 4 surgeries, I feel ya. Just now getting back into it, and those who haven't had to go on an unwanted vacation from the bike will never completely get the joy you get when you get to throw a leg over a bike again.

mtbr member
    It's never too late as long as you are physically capable. I started riding again at 51 after a 20 year hiatus and it has become a passion for 3 years now. I ride more now than ever, just wish I had started sooner.
    2015 Scalpel Carbon Team/Eagle 1x12
    2015 Scalpel Carbon Team #2
    2017 Stache 7
    2016 Boone RSL
    2016 CAAD 12

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Wow Fo it's been a long time (09?) Yes we should definitely catch up...Thanks for all the kind words gentleman much appreciated..CF.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Hey Fred, glad to hear the stoke has returned & you're back on two wheels! Ride hard & keep the rubber side down!

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Your riding days are definitely not behind you at 51 and pleased to see you are not just back on a bike but back on a Stache. I've enjoyed riding other mountain bikes but with the Stache I just don't want to stop riding it and there's times I've been out on for hours until I've had to grudgingly decide to call it a day. I really hope you have many fun riding hours on your Stache.
    2014 Trek Fuel Ex 8
    2015 Trek Farley 6
    2016 Trek Stache 7

WNC Native
    Welcome back aboard Fred!
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Welcome back Fred. With you and Fo and jncarpenter and the mention of aqua I feel like I've been transported back to 2010 and the Turner forum.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Scared to ask but is that a good thing or a bad thing? 😁 Thanks noosa2

mtbr member
    May 2006
    BTW I LOVE this bike!

mtbr member
    Scared to ask but is that a good thing or a bad thing? 😁 Thanks noosa2
    All good man. All good.

Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

mtbr member
    May 2006
    What's up Aquaholic? What are you riding these days?