Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
Results 2,001 to 2,007 of 2007

Thread: 27.5+ Tires

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblefish2010 View Post
    I do not see any 2.8 from the models of Magic M? Only 2.6??
    Read the follow-up posts in this thread. It was a mistake on Schwalbe's website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    2.8 vs. 3 -

Hey guys,

I'm currently riding a 2016 Scott Genius 720 Plus up in the PNW, I bought this bike slightly used from a guide service that had put 3" Rocket Rons on vs. the 2.8" tires that come stock on this bike. I have an opportunity to get a deal on an Ikon+'/Rekon+ combo, do you think this would be an upgrade on the current setup? I'm wondering if it would be as versatile, I'd imagine it would give the bike a bit more of a playful feel. Also should I be looking at upgrading the stock rims as well? They are the Scott Syncros 40mm.
    Last edited by TxTrailhead; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:02 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    For the guys running DHF or HR do you have the dual compound or the 3C? I can only find the dual compound and I am not sure whether I should buy them or wait for the 3C to be available?

Jammin' Econo
    Quote Originally Posted by gpgalanis View Post
    For the guys running DHF or HR do you have the dual compound or the 3C? I can only find the dual compound and I am not sure whether I should buy them or wait for the 3C to be available?
    I'm running both in the 3C/120 tpi versions. They are excellent.

Your LBS shouldn't have any problem ordering them - mine had them in less than a week.
    I dream of a day when my children will live in a world without the shackles of cause and effect.” - S. Colbert

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by codysoyland View Post
    Read the follow-up posts in this thread. It was a mistake on Schwalbe's website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Actually they still have Rock Razor and Magic Mary as having 27+ Apex speedgrip models. They need to clear this up I am waiting for those tires if they aren't coming I'll buy Dhf instead

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithhammer View Post
    I'm running both in the 3C/120 tpi versions. They are excellent.

Your LBS shouldn't have any problem ordering them - mine had them in less than a week.
    That is a whole different story in Europe. No 3" HR available at all, 3C DHFs and 2.8" HRs are out of stock in basically everywhere

mtbr member
    I've been riding my NN3" and RR3" a lot lately and come to very clear conclusions. I've had a few good crashes while attempting steep technical rock climbs and spinning out with my rear mounted Rocket Ron. Don't you just love those slow-motion falls off tall rocks. It hurt so much, I switched out my wheelset to 29"x2.6" NN's and was clearing almost everything.
    I put the 3 inch tire/27.5+ wheelset back on today for a big ride at Buffalo Creek. The NN fr./RR rear 3" tires just loved those conditions!!! I was floating over loose gravel/sandy trails super efficiently. The scattered course granite slab and rock climbs were grippy enough for the Rocket Rons to perform well, especially if you never slow down, lol.
    On the bike park style decent over tight twisty loose gravel sections of little scraggy trail I did have some rather abrupt losses of traction with the rocket Ron rear. Right at the beginning of the twisty sections my rear end broke loose and I spun around about 120°. I kept thinking it was going to hook up but it took forever! I thought it was going to be a yard sale for sure. I started unclipping the inside foot on sketchy turns to post up if necessary and it worked sweet. I felt a lot safer in drifting turns! I never used to do that, I always thought that was a flat pedal down hill guy move. I didn't used to run a dropper post either, lol. I did see one rather bloody crash , he had a worn out front tire... Anyway, the plus tire set up I was running felt like an excellent cross country / minimal technical set up for me with lots of efficient speed and comfort, but I'll definitely be using something way more aggressive for the rough Rocky mountain climbs yet to come now that the snow is melting fast. Different tools for different jobs I guess but, it does suck to have that draggy, chunky tire on the long steep climbs, till ya really need it! I'm gonna put the chunky tires on my 29er wheelset just to keep my bottom bracket up for BIG CHUNK.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021