Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 100 of 1065
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chrisx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    348

    26+ tire choices

    We need a 26+ tire thread!
    How long before they make it a sticky?

    Thanks for adding 26+ to the + thread; (at long last).

    so far I found tires at, ( I am not counting down hill tires).
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Maxxis
    Surly
    vee tire company
    WTB

    edit:
    here is a link for the 26+ rim thread
    26+ Rim Choices
    Last edited by chrisx; 04-15-2017 at 06:53 PM.

  2. #2
    gone walk about
    Reputation: nvphatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,507
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisx View Post
    We need a 26+ tire thread!
    How long before they make it a sticky?

    Thanks for adding 26+ to the + thread; (at long last).
    not many 26+ avail but hopefully that will change just like everything else.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,493
    See, Fat bike thread.

  4. #4
    Sir Shreds-A-Lot
    Reputation: trekninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,021
    if there were more 26+ options id have no choice but to build a steel hard tail with nice 2.8s on it
    1985 Trek 670
    2016 Trek Fuel 9.8 27.5
    2017 Trek Domane SL6 Pro
    2017 Trek Crockett

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,493
    I have a pair of Gazzalodis' 26 x 3.0. Really beefy downhill type. I just don,t see a demand. Buy a fat bike, get a second set of wheels in 27.5 x 3.0.

  6. #6
    Sir Shreds-A-Lot
    Reputation: trekninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,021
    Quote Originally Posted by leeboh View Post
    I have a pair of Gazzalodis' 26 x 3.0. Really beefy downhill type. I just don,t see a demand. Buy a fat bike, get a second set of wheels in 27.5 x 3.0.
    unfortunately i dont see a demand either. i think 26+ is going to die before its really born
    1985 Trek 670
    2016 Trek Fuel 9.8 27.5
    2017 Trek Domane SL6 Pro
    2017 Trek Crockett

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chrisx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    348
    No interest in fat bikes!
    How about a nobby nic in 26 x 2.8 inch,
    or
    WTB Weirwolf in 26 x 3.0
    Must be something other than down hill tires out there

    Fat Bike; NO, not for me, thanks for the offer though

    Quote Originally Posted by leeboh View Post
    See, Fat bike thread.

  8. #8
    Your bike sucks
    Reputation: Carl Mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,390
    Maybe helps some... Surly Dirt Wizard 26 2.75 is the main offering...

    Some data this thread:

    Where is 26+ ???

    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Mega View Post

    Trying to give the 26+ a legitimate try cause it makes so much sense for plus-sizes:

    • Resulting wheel size in the Goldilocks zone -> same as 27.5
    • Breath some life into the existing 26 platforms and new/old stock out there
    • Borrow from the 26 fat movement plus give nice options for fat-riders who want to occasionally go smaller
    • Geometry options mesh nicely for short stays, narrow/normal Q factor
    • Smaller wheelsize should make for lighter tires compared to 27.5+/29+ in apples to apples


    Added - a decent thread in Surly forum where some additional tires are listed:

    Other tires for 26+ besides surly' for the Instigator?

    Calling out some existing big 26 tires and has overlap w/ this thread.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chrisx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    348
    What about rims?

    Where is the balance 35mm inside diameter?
    A person may want to change tires now and again. What is the widest id a 2.0 tire can safely ride on? What is the smallest id for a 3'0 tire?

    Example:
    I am wanting to ride down the Baja again. I need wide tires. When the gravel road turns to a cow trail, and then turns into a dry creek bed of sand, I want wide tires. Next summer when I head for northern Washington state, I may want some thinner tires fit for some mud.

    What rim works for both?

  10. #10
    gone walk about
    Reputation: nvphatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,507
    Quote Originally Posted by leeboh View Post
    I have a pair of Gazzalodis' 26 x 3.0. Really beefy downhill type. I just don't see a demand. Buy a fat bike, get a second set of wheels in 27.5 x 3.0.
    thats not the answer and yes i had a fat bike. I'm not interested in wagon wheels(29r) nor am i interested in 650b+ as it nearly equates to wagon wheels, hence 26+ is where it's at. Sea otter will tell if any other 26+ rubber is on the way soon.

  11. #11
    gone walk about
    Reputation: nvphatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,507
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisx View Post
    What about rims?

    Where is the balance 35mm inside diameter?
    A person may want to change tires now and again. What is the widest id a 2.0 tire can safely ride on? What is the smallest id for a 3'0 tire?

    Example:
    I am wanting to ride down the Baja again. I need wide tires. When the gravel road turns to a cow trail, and then turns into a dry creek bed of sand, I want wide tires. Next summer when I head for northern Washington state, I may want some thinner tires fit for some mud.

    What rim works for both?
    28-30mm minimum ID for 26+ ...which is what my new wheelset will be.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,493
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisx View Post
    No interest in fat bikes!
    How about a nobby nic in 26 x 2.8 inch,
    or
    WTB Weirwolf in 26 x 3.0
    Must be something other than down hill tires out there

    Fat Bike; NO, not for me, thanks for the offer though
    OK, get that. See the plus sized bikes. 27.5 and 29ers in 3-3.25 inch tires? Fat starts at 3.5. My fatbike has 3.8 inch tires. Really like 1/2 an inch wider. 27.5 rims are 1 " bigger than 26ers. Really slim differences. Plenty of 27.5+ options out there. Just saying. What frame are you going to run 26x 3.0 tires on?

  13. #13
    Your bike sucks
    Reputation: Carl Mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,390
    Quote Originally Posted by leeboh View Post
    OK, get that. See the plus sized bikes. 27.5 and 29ers in 3-3.25 inch tires? Fat starts at 3.5. My fatbike has 3.8 inch tires. Really like 1/2 an inch wider. 27.5 rims are 1 " bigger than 26ers. Really slim differences. Plenty of 27.5+ options out there. Just saying. What frame are you going to run 26x 3.0 tires on?
    No expert but learning new stuff daily.

    I'd estimate 'plus' is settling in at 2.6 - 3ish. We'll see what happens but I imagine trail riders are going to like the narrower 2.8 type tires more than the bigger volume true 3+ tires. (see Ibis' new Mojo3)

    Also - seems like there are a lot of 27.5 frames that a 26+ tire will fit. AFAIK, the only official production 26+ frame is the Surly instigator.

    ^ that's what I have and a 26x2.8 NN would be sweet!

    A 2.8 tire vs. 3.8 tire is huge difference.

    --Edited to add: a few reasons some of us don't want to repurpose a fat bike platform:

    Fat bike geometry isn't tailored for aggressive trail riding
    Wide Q factor sucks for many of us
    Fat hub standards (sic) doesn't allow for wheel swaps w/ trail bikes

    My 'interest' was an aggressive hardtail - which just happens to have 26+ tires. A fat bike has zero interest for me. And that extra 1'' is sort of the upper range of wheelsize - I'll probably run regular 27.5 than go 27.5+ which adds another .5 to 1''. Just not for me.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MMcG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,603
    Tires -

    Dirt Wizard 2.75
    Knard 3.0

    Then - search for old used Freeride/DH tires that don't weigh too much.

    Rims - Blunt 35s, Hugos? Trials Bike rims, find old Sun Doublewide rims?

    Here's hoping this option won't die out - it's fun!

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chrisx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    348
    What Surly web site says on 26 x 2.75 dirt wizard

    Designed to be run on 50mm rims,
    Minimum rim size for these bad boys is 35mm.
    NOTE: All widths are listed as general outside width measurements.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 29ger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    244
    Does 26 x 3.5" count? There is the origin 8 if you don't need tread. Similar to the vee speedster of the same size.

    At what point does a fat bike become slim enough to be a plus bike? Waltworks builds 83mm bottom bracket fatbikes for 4"tires. You can get trail oriented geometry on fat bikes as well. The lines are blurring.....

  17. #17
    gone walk about
    Reputation: nvphatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,507
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisx View Post
    Surly on 26 x 2.75 dirt wizard
    Designed to be run on 50mm rims,
    Minimum rim size for these bad boys is 35mm.
    NOTE: All widths are listed as general outside width measurements.
    naaaaa 50 is far too wide while 30-35 is the norm for it, i'm going to use 28mm and take measurements both off/on the bike.

  18. #18
    gone walk about
    Reputation: nvphatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,507
    Quote Originally Posted by 29ger View Post
    Does 26 x 3.5" count? There is the origin 8 if you don't need tread. Similar to the vee speedster of the same size.

    At what point does a fat bike become slim enough to be a plus bike?.
    3.0 or less.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 29ger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    244
    So a 3.25 tire would be an orphan. Way to skinny to fit in with the fat crowd, and shunned by the plus gang for being to pudgy.

  20. #20
    gone walk about
    Reputation: nvphatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,507
    Quote Originally Posted by 29ger View Post
    So a 3.25 tire would be an orphan. Way to skinny to fit in with the fat crowd, and shunned by the plus gang for being to pudgy.
    yessir, it's a bastard of sorts.

  21. #21
    Your bike sucks
    Reputation: Carl Mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,390
    Quote Originally Posted by 29ger View Post
    Waltworks builds 83mm bottom bracket fatbikes for 4"tires. You can get trail oriented geometry on fat bikes as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    yessir, it's a bastard of sorts.
    And that's ok. I don't think anyone here is arguing the 26+ is for everyone or best - all this stuff is niche as heck. Barely a defined category. If your dream is a fat/plus 27.5 bike w/ 66 HTA, 83mm bb, boost hubs & designed to run 3.25-3.99999 tires. Go for it! Just not the bike I'd want but that's fine. More than enough room for everyone.

    Edit to add: actually that bike sounds sort of fun. Nevermind. Build one!

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MMcG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,603
    Quote Originally Posted by 29ger View Post
    So a 3.25 tire would be an orphan. Way to skinny to fit in with the fat crowd, and shunned by the plus gang for being to pudgy.
    3.25 tire would be great as a 26+ tire (especially a front tire) in my opinion - but nobody makes one in Knobby tread that I know of anyway.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,493
    Plus sized 27.5 is what the in thing is now. This week.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,001
    "+" is to bikes what fulvous is to colors.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

  25. #25
    Rocks belong
    Reputation: 06HokieMTB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,293
    Out of curiosity... who has ridden 26+? Owns 26+?

    There are 3 Instigator guys in this thread, anyone else?

    Quote Originally Posted by MMcG View Post
    3.25 tire would be great as a 26+ tire (especially a front tire) in my opinion - but nobody makes one in Knobby tread that I know of anyway.
    Respectfully disagree... 3.25" aggressively ridden becomes a lumbering beast. There's a reason why many of the bike companies are settling on 2.8" for the plus movement... Ibis, Scott, Santa Cruz - they've all come out to say that their testing and prototype riding had better results at 2.8" than at 3.0".
    I like 'em long, low, slack and playful

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chrisx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by slapheadmofo View Post
    "+" is to bikes what fulvous is to colors.
    from Latin fulvus reddish yellow, gold-coloured, tawny; probably related to fulgēre to shine

    it means he likes +

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,001
    It's orange.

    I'm at a loss as to how a little extra tire clearance is treated as a whole different category of bike. Goofy.

    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chrisx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by slapheadmofo View Post
    It's orange.

    I'm at a loss as to how a little extra tire clearance is treated as a whole different category of bike. Goofy.

    Depends where you ride. Baja california is a good place for a 3 inch wide tire. You need more traction to get up the hill. You need more traction to get down the hill. You need to float where the road turns to a river of sand, for 3 miles. You need a 26 inch rim if you want to buy a new tire. Big tires slow you down. Little tires can not go everywhere. Buy the kind you need for .. ... .

    + tires are + comfort.

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MMcG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,603
    Quote Originally Posted by 06HokieMTB View Post
    Out of curiosity... who has ridden 26+? Owns 26+?

    There are 3 Instigator guys in this thread, anyone else?



    Respectfully disagree... 3.25" aggressively ridden becomes a lumbering beast. There's a reason why many of the bike companies are settling on 2.8" for the plus movement... Ibis, Scott, Santa Cruz - they've all come out to say that their testing and prototype riding had better results at 2.8" than at 3.0".
    I'd like to try one as a front tire.......not so much as a rear........just sayin - but then again I like to ride a rigid set up so that extra volume is appealing to me. For a Suspension fork - yeah maybe not so much.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MMcG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,603
    Quote Originally Posted by slapheadmofo View Post
    It's orange.

    I'm at a loss as to how a little extra tire clearance is treated as a whole different category of bike. Goofy.

    It's more about the rim and tire combo I guess that categorizes it as plus........30/35mm internal rim width paired up with 2.75 or larger tires.......but I get the gist of what you are sayin as well.

  31. #31
    gone walk about
    Reputation: nvphatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,507
    Quote Originally Posted by 06HokieMTB View Post
    Out of curiosity... who has ridden 26+? Owns 26+?

    There are 3 Instigator guys in this thread, anyone else?
    yes as i'm in the process of converting my heckler to 26+ and selling the new OEM 27.5 wheelset. At this time i've not ridden 26+ hence no feedback etc to share but in the coming weeks I shall.

  32. #32
    Your bike sucks
    Reputation: Carl Mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,390
    Not a true plus tire (DH) but adding to the collection:

    HighRoller 26 X 2.7 1320ish

    High Roller | Maxxis Tires USA

    And you can get a Maxis DHF 26 x 2.7 for around $60

    Maxxis Minion 26" Wire Bead DH Casing > Components > Tires > Dirt Tires | Jenson USA

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bikeny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Mega View Post
    Not a true plus tire (DH) but adding to the collection:

    HighRoller 26 X 2.7 1320ish

    High Roller | Maxxis Tires USA

    And you can get a Maxis DHF 26 x 2.7 for around $60

    Maxxis Minion 26" Wire Bead DH Casing > Components > Tires > Dirt Tires | Jenson USA
    DH tires like that and bigger have been around for a long time but have never caught on for non-DH riders. They are just too heavy, stiff, and dead feeling. I would not put them in the same conversation as 26+ tires.

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AllMountin''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,002
    Quote Originally Posted by 06HokieMTB View Post
    Out of curiosity... who has ridden 26+? Owns 26+?

    There are 3 Instigator guys in this thread, anyone else?



    Respectfully disagree... 3.25" aggressively ridden becomes a lumbering beast. There's a reason why many of the bike companies are settling on 2.8" for the plus movement... Ibis, Scott, Santa Cruz - they've all come out to say that their testing and prototype riding had better results at 2.8" than at 3.0".
    Respectfully disagree. Fat B Nimble on 47mm comes in around 3.35", and lumbering is not a descriptor I'd use to describe it. Rolls fast. Corners hard. Jumps well. Pretty much the same as riding a standard 27.5, but with additional small bump compliance and float.

    I'm sure you can get it down around 3.25" or less on a smaller rim. IMO, the advantages of plus are minimal in the Dirt Wizard(2.75ish) sized tyres. Can't drop low enough to fully realize the benefits without pinch flats. 2.8" are conversion tyres for people squeezing then into standard frames. Plus bikes should live in the 3 to 3.25 range. Otherwise, just buy the skinny bike you really want.

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    827
    Maxxis did just release a minion DHR II in 27.5+ (2.8); too bad they haven't released a 26+ version yet.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,493
    Quote Originally Posted by 06HokieMTB View Post
    Out of curiosity... who has ridden 26+? Owns 26+?

    There are 3 Instigator guys in this thread, anyone else?



    Respectfully disagree... 3.25" aggressively ridden becomes a lumbering beast. There's a reason why many of the bike companies are settling on 2.8" for the plus movement... Ibis, Scott, Santa Cruz - they've all come out to say that their testing and prototype riding had better results at 2.8" than at 3.0".
    I fit 3.0 tires on the 1x1, rigid fork. 1/2 fat is only 1/2 good in the snow.

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,067
    Let's be honest, 26+ is not going to grow as a market unless bike mfgs build 26+ plus bikes.

    As a muni rider, I went through the same conundrum for a bunch of years, then 650+ came on strong and the need for 26+ waned.

    I would love to have 26+ plus tires that aren't boat anchors (Arrow, Duro) but also aren't made of tissue paper (DW, Knard).

    I am in the process of converting my Transition Klunker to 650+... mmm, two speed hub.

  38. #38
    That Unicycle Guy
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    354
    Ben, you know these two wheeled folks don't know what muni is. I have been intending to buy a Dirt Wizard since they first came out but never seemed to get around to it. You don't have one laying around that you are looking to get rid of do you?

    More 26+ options would be a boon for MUni (Mountain Unicycling)

  39. #39
    gone walk about
    Reputation: nvphatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Ben View Post
    Let's be honest, 26+ is not going to grow as a market unless bike mfgs build 26+ plus bikes.
    they do, 27.5 bikes morphed into 26+ with relative ease.

  40. #40
    Your bike sucks
    Reputation: Carl Mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,390
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeny View Post
    DH tires like that and bigger have been around for a long time but have never caught on for non-DH riders. They are just too heavy, stiff, and dead feeling. I would not put them in the same conversation as 26+ tires.
    I agree but in the absence of new tires like all the cool wheel sizes are getting - it's slim pickens around here.

    On a serious note tho, knowing about large tire options in 26 is still useful. Those 50mm rabbit hole rims are not going to play super nice w/ narrow tires and having a cheaper NOS DH tire in 2.7 in reserve might mean the difference between riding and packing it in should something tear.

    Albeit a microscopic niche of an already tiny niche but I could totally see me doing some resort laps on the Instigator and, with the cost of DWs, I'd totally mount some decent, disposable 2.7 DH tires for grins and yucks. Does 1 person (me) even qualify as niche?

    I keep hoping some interweb noise gets noticed and some other tires come around - as Hokie said, there's plenty of 26+ bikes out there - they are called 27.5 so maybe a retro fit movement will give some life.

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,067
    Quote Originally Posted by ericpulvermacher View Post
    Ben, you know these two wheeled folks don't know what muni is. I have been intending to buy a Dirt Wizard since they first came out but never seemed to get around to it. You don't have one laying around that you are looking to get rid of do you?

    More 26+ options would be a boon for MUni (Mountain Unicycling)
    I keep dropping the word (muni) in case it catches on

    Muni = Mountain Unicycle!

    Sorry, no 26+ DW's, I read about them with excitement when they were first released, then heard about the sidewall failures, compared that with my expereince on the 29+ Knard, and figured Surly screwed the pooch again.

    I do have some 29+ DW's on a tandem and those work great! I think Surly could add more rubber or improve the casing on the 26+ DW and have a decent tire, but it's been a couple years and that hasn't happened, so the QBP affect is in full effect.

    I run Trail Boss 27 x 3.0 on my Mutz, 27 x 3 on a muni, my only 26" is a 4" fatty.

    The industry could have dumbsized the 27+ to a 26+ to serve the fat bikers who wanted summer tires, but instead the upsized the 27+ to 27 x 4.

    It's all about market trends. 27+ is hot.

    So, have you all considered commissioning a tire from Vee Rubber?

    This was done a few years ago for a 36er tire, I think the minimum order is #200. I rode the prototype and the final version, it was a very good tire, nice balance of durability and weight. Final cost was ~100 per tire. Talk to Matt Beard and Walt (Waltworks), they'd have the skinny on making the negotiations.

  42. #42
    Your bike sucks
    Reputation: Carl Mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,390
    You probably know this but the 26" Dirt Wizards come in two flavors - heavy 27TPI which has extra rubber and is pretty beefy. Then there's the 120 TPI which is lighter and purported to be less durable due to less rubber being injected (threads vs. rubber). Not sure about your DW experience w/ sidewall failures but maybe it's the the lighter 120 version?

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 69tr6r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    632
    I just had a sidewall puncture in my 27tpi Dirt Wizard on the Instigator. My first sidewall puncture ever.

    Stans would not seal it up so I had to throw a tube in until I can patch it.

    Not saying it is a bad tire, just weird and unexpected since I run 120 and 60tpi Nates as well as some really thin Specialized tires last summer with no puctures.

  44. #44
    Your bike sucks
    Reputation: Carl Mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,390
    Yeah, it happens. I've blown/ruined sidewalls on virtually every tire (thin schwable XC to DH) eventually. That's what typically dies on me before tread warrants a replacement - rocks and all that. Anyway - looking at the 27tpi - I think it's meaty in the hand - more so than say my HRIIs or Hans Dampfs. Time will tell tho - my last 3 weeks have been pretty light test. Today's session will be rock-fest so maybe I'll change my opinion - also hitting Moab this weekend so coming 4 days of legit testing grounds.

    Edit to add: if you have a damaged sidewall and still want to run tubeless - those repair kits can work wonders:

    Panaracer Tubeless Tire Puncture Repair Kit

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    30
    Thanks for some real world useful info on the tire thread!!! I'm still hopeful for more high volume 26+ tires on the horizon

  46. #46
    gone walk about
    Reputation: nvphatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie Williams View Post
    Thanks for some real world useful info on the tire thread!!! I'm still hopeful for more high volume 26+ tires on the horizon
    as am i.

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Davide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Ben View Post
    Let's be honest, 26+ is not going to grow as a market unless bike mfgs build 26+ plus bikes.

    As a muni rider, I went through the same conundrum for a bunch of years, then 650+ came on strong and the need for 26+ waned.

    I would love to have 26+ plus tires that aren't boat anchors (Arrow, Duro) but also aren't made of tissue paper (DW, Knard).

    I am in the process of converting my Transition Klunker to 650+... mmm, two speed hub.
    Any 27 frame can be used with a 26 wheel, see 27.5 - 650b to 26 conversion (!)- Mtbr.com

    It would be great to have 2.8 trail oriented tires in 26: perfect combination of increased traction but retained playfulness and lower weight. Ibis just released the Mojo 3 for example, a bike that begs for a set of quicker 26/2.8, instead of the bulky 27/2.8.

    We need a sticky for 26+ tires!!!!!

  48. #48
    gone walk about
    Reputation: nvphatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Davide View Post
    Any 27 frame can be used with a 26 wheel, see 27.5 - 650b to 26 conversion (!)- Mtbr.com

    It would be great to have 2.8 trail oriented tires in 26: perfect combination of increased traction but retained playfulness and lower weight. Ibis just released the Mojo 3 for example, a bike that begs for a set of quicker 26/2.8, instead of the bulky 27/2.8.

    We need a sticky for 26+ tires!!!!!
    yup its here...i even bumped that thread..

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    22
    Hey there, just wondering if anyone has tried the vee trax fatty 26 x 3? What's the width? Also looking to go 26+ on my 05 kona humu, could probably fit dirt wizards but wondering if the 26x 3 might work?

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chrisx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    348
    MSRP

    26×3.00 (Weight: 1,280) $55
    27.5X2.80 (Weight: 820) $85
    27.5X3.00 (Weight: 920) $85
    27.5X3.25 (Weight: 930) $90
    29X3.0 (Weight: 920) $60-$80

    Why does the 26x3 weigh 3/4 of a pound more than 29x3?

  51. #51
    gone walk about
    Reputation: nvphatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,507
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisx View Post
    MSRP

    26×3.00 (Weight: 1,280) $55
    27.5X2.80 (Weight: 820) $85
    27.5X3.00 (Weight: 920) $85
    27.5X3.25 (Weight: 930) $90
    29X3.0 (Weight: 920) $60-$80

    Why does the 26x3 weigh 3/4 of a pound more than 29x3?
    not sure which tire you reference??

  52. #52
    Your bike sucks
    Reputation: Carl Mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,390
    Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    not sure which tire you reference??
    I'm wondering that too. DW 27TPI is around 1060 grams so not sure of the 1280g tire listed there.

    Hopefully 26+ gets some mfgr traction otherwise I think the above chart is sort of where things will be going: latest tech will be applied to only the hottest sizes (stronger tires with better tread/compounds coming in at lighter weight) - while other wheelsizes get stuck with lower grade options.

  53. #53
    gone walk about
    Reputation: nvphatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,507
    Just received a pr of DW 26+ 120 versions but sadly no scale to give weights.

  54. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chrisx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    not sure which tire you reference??
    T-Fatty | VEE Tire Co.

    the post just before mine asked about the vee trax fatty
    I clicked
    are the weights correct?

  55. #55
    gone walk about
    Reputation: nvphatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,507
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisx View Post
    T-Fatty | VEE Tire Co.

    are the weights correct?
    you copy/pasted their listing so it must be correct..

  56. #56
    Your bike sucks
    Reputation: Carl Mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,390
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisx View Post
    T-Fatty | VEE Tire Co.

    the post just before mine asked about the vee trax fatty
    I clicked
    are the weights correct?
    No first hand experience but my guess on the heavy 26 is it uses:

    3.0 vs. 2.8
    72 TPI vs the 120 TPI
    Wire Bead vs Folding bead

    Seems consistent given the price is $55 compared to $90.

  57. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chrisx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Mega View Post
    No first hand experience but my guess on the heavy 26 is it uses:

    3.0 vs. 2.8
    72 TPI vs the 120 TPI
    Wire Bead vs Folding bead

    Seems consistent given the price is $55 compared to $90.
    who knows?

    }Vee Rubber Trax Fatty 26" Plus Tires


    Be the first to rate this product


    Plus size tire with all weather Silica rubber blend
    Weight-optimized 120tpi casing
    Tubeless ready bead/casing
    Width: 3.0"
    Bead: Folding
    Weight: 820g.
    Color: Black

    from universal cycles web page

  58. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    229
    Has anyone fit one of these fat 2.8 to 3.0 tires in a Fox 36 fork? I saw on another thread that someone put a Surly Knard 3.0 in a Turner 6-pack, which is similar to my Turner RFX, so assuming that will fit, just wondering if it will stuff in the fork.

  59. #59
    Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Reputation: NEPMTBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    8,237
    Quote Originally Posted by obs08 View Post
    if there were more 26+ options id have no choice but to build a steel hard tail with nice 2.8s on it
    Great sig line!

  60. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by BrahMa View Post
    Has anyone fit one of these fat 2.8 to 3.0 tires in a Fox 36 fork? I saw on another thread that someone put a Surly Knard 3.0 in a Turner 6-pack, which is similar to my Turner RFX, so assuming that will fit, just wondering if it will stuff in the fork.
    Just for the record, I mounted up both a Surly Dirt Wizard 2.75 and a Vee Rubber T-Fatty 3.0 on my 25MM wide rims, and they bot fit in my Fox 36 26" fork, and my 2000 Turner RFX frame. I am getting a set of Velocity Dually 26" rims with a 45mm outer width, and will build those up to mount them to, but anticipating no fit issues, there was plenty of room!

  61. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ofroad'bent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,360
    Anybody try a Surly Dirt Wizard 2.75 in a SID 26er fork?
    I'm hoping it might just squeak in with a 35mm rim.

  62. #62
    Rocks belong
    Reputation: 06HokieMTB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,293
    I'm secretly hoping that more 26+ tires are announced at Sea Otter...

    Unfortunately, not holding my breath
    I like 'em long, low, slack and playful

  63. #63
    gone walk about
    Reputation: nvphatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,507
    Quote Originally Posted by 06HokieMTB View Post
    I'm secretly hoping that more 26+ tires are announced at Sea Otter...

    Unfortunately, not holding my breath
    i'm holding mine but getting a bit red faced @ the moment so have the paramedics standing by.

  64. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    827
    Quote Originally Posted by 06HokieMTB View Post
    I'm secretly hoping that more 26+ tires are announced at Sea Otter...

    Unfortunately, not holding my breath
    Same here... we will see what the weekend holds. I'm actually holding up a wheel build until I find out what way the industry may go on this.

  65. #65
    Rocks belong
    Reputation: 06HokieMTB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,293
    I like 'em long, low, slack and playful

  66. #66
    gone walk about
    Reputation: nvphatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,507
    Quote Originally Posted by 06HokieMTB View Post
    Yes!!!!!

    WTB Scraper in 26 and a WTB Ranger 26x3.0!
    thats a big + combo.

  67. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountain Cycle Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,657
    Wow, this is good news!

  68. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountain Cycle Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,657
    I've been measuring the rear of my Nickel. I have about 67mm in the rear before the tire would hit the front changer. So, I think a 3" tire would be out. Maybe they'll make a 2.8. Maybe I need to go 1x.

  69. #69
    gone walk about
    Reputation: nvphatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    I've been measuring the rear of my Nickel. I have about 67mm in the rear before the tire would hit the front changer. So, I think a 3" tire would be out. Maybe they'll make a 2.8. Maybe I need to go 1x.
    Yup no 3.0 with only 67mm and you may be hard pressed to fit a 2.8 between the stays.

  70. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountain Cycle Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,657
    Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    Yup no 3.0 with only 67mm and you may be hard pressed to fit a 2.8 between the stays.
    I have room at the stays. It's at the front derailleur where I'd have the problem. That's why I said maybe I'd go 1x.

  71. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountain Cycle Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,657
    Plus, they probably won't be a true 3" wide tire. My WTB Mutanos 2.4 measure 2.25".

  72. #72
    gone walk about
    Reputation: nvphatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    I have room at the stays. It's at the front derailleur where I'd have the problem. That's why I said maybe I'd go 1x.
    ok i was under the impression 67mm was the stay clearance. are there tire cutouts in the stays?

  73. #73
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountain Cycle Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,657
    Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    ok i was under the impression 67mm was the stay clearance. are there tire cutouts in the stays?
    Yes, got another .5" on each side at the stays to work with. That's with a Mutano 2.4" tire at 57mm wide.

  74. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    827
    Quote Originally Posted by 06HokieMTB View Post

    Awesome!! now I just need to get Maxxis to build a DHR II in 26+.....

  75. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    827
    So anyone know what the bikes were that the WTB Rangers were on (per the article)?

  76. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    81
    Hi patrick2cents,

    They were on our 2017 DragonFly and Eden prototypes:

    Sea Otter 2016: Jamis adds women's 26plus hardtails and expands 27plus lineup.

    -Jamis Bikes

  77. #77
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    827
    Quote Originally Posted by @Jamisbikes View Post
    Hi patrick2cents,

    They were on our 2017 DragonFly and Eden prototypes:

    Sea Otter 2016: Jamis adds women's 26plus hardtails and expands 27plus lineup.

    -Jamis Bikes
    Thanks for the reply! James does seem to be on point with future trends, I remember when you guys were one of the first with 650b.

  78. #78
    gone walk about
    Reputation: nvphatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,507

  79. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chrisx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    348
    Wow
    Jamis reads the 26+ thread
    think I will have a look at their web page.

    If WTB reads the 26+ thread-
    A 2.8 weirwolf would be just about right for Baja Califlornia

    WTB goes 26+?

    While the crew at WTB was tight lipped about 26+ (despite attempts to bribe them with beer and Mtbr t-shirts), we did spy this 26×3.0” prototype called the Ranger on a Jamis DragonFly. It doesn’t quite look like anything else in the line up, so your guess is as good as ours. More information at WTB | Mountain Biking since 1982.

  80. #80
    Your bike sucks
    Reputation: Carl Mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,390
    Absolutely, props to Jamis and a novel application for 26+.... Would like to see it expand to the traditional line-up but an awesome start.

    From WTB - man o man if I was asking.... a proper 26+ Vigilante.. and while I'm asking a 2.5/6 27.5 version too. Awesome tire.

  81. #81
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    100
    Salsa had one of their new Redpoints built up with Duallys and the 26x3.0 Rangers. I spoke to both the Salsa guys and a couple of guys at WTB. I came away with the impression that this was maybe just the beginning of some new tire offerings.


    26+ tire choices-20160415_154402.jpg

    26+ tire choices-20160415_154409.jpg

  82. #82
    gone walk about
    Reputation: nvphatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,507
    ^^ groovy.

  83. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountain Cycle Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,657
    I'd like to see a 26+ Mutano Race!

  84. #84
    Rippin da fAt
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,198
    Are these gonna weigh in between 1050g and 1200+g like their B+ offerings? 0.o Certainly hope they can come up with respectable weights rather than being in the range of 4.0's.
    Get fAt, Stay fAt, Ride fAt
    Doctor recommended...

  85. #85
    Rocks belong
    Reputation: 06HokieMTB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,293
    Quote Originally Posted by BansheeRune View Post
    Are these gonna weigh in between 1050g and 1200+g like their B+ offerings? 0.o Certainly hope they can come up with respectable weights rather than being in the range of 4.0's.
    This
    I like 'em long, low, slack and playful

  86. #86
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountain Cycle Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,657
    The answer is no!

  87. #87
    gone walk about
    Reputation: nvphatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,507
    Based upon the competition(DW2.75) as the primary force it would behoove any brand to target it and put something in the market to match or exceed it in weight, durability and perhaps cost.

  88. #88
    STS
    STS is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: STS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    528
    Asked wtb europe, and they told me the ranger will be available only for OEM bikes, not for sell

    Don't they want to make money?

  89. #89
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountain Cycle Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,657
    Quote Originally Posted by STS View Post
    Asked wtb europe, and they told me the ranger will be available only for OEM bikes, not for sell

    Don't they want to make money?
    A lot of companies do that at first. They sell them to the public after awhile, unless it's a total flop.

  90. #90
    Your bike sucks
    Reputation: Carl Mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,390
    Quote Originally Posted by STS View Post
    Asked wtb europe, and they told me the ranger will be available only for OEM bikes, not for sell

    Don't they want to make money?
    Not putting too much value in that claim... How would someone replace a wear item for their "OEM" bike? Doesn't make sense.

  91. #91
    Rippin da fAt
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,198
    Quote Originally Posted by STS View Post
    Asked wtb europe, and they told me the ranger will be available only for OEM bikes, not for sell

    Don't they want to make money?
    They will limit the number of units in the beginning by limiting to OEM. my curiosity is will they weigh in like a 4.0?
    Get fAt, Stay fAt, Ride fAt
    Doctor recommended...

  92. #92
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,067
    I think you all missed something: Jamis® Going Deep With Plus Bikes at 2016 Sea Otter Classic

    Zoom in on the 26+ tires on the Dragonfly and Eden, those are 26" Trail Boss 3.0

    I ride those tires now in 27+ and they are some of the best all around tires I have owned!

    If these tires were made public, I might just have to get a hardtail for rock crawling and all around jumping/pumping.

  93. #93
    Rocks belong
    Reputation: 06HokieMTB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Ben View Post
    Zoom in on the 26+ tires on the Dragonfly and Eden, those are 26" Trail Boss 3.0
    Truth!

    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 2160
Size:  31.4 KB

    EDIT: Which is weird as the tread doesn't look like a Trail Boss?
    I like 'em long, low, slack and playful

  94. #94
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,067
    Quote Originally Posted by 06HokieMTB View Post
    Truth!

    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 2160
Size:  31.4 KB

    EDIT: Which is weird as the tread doesn't look like a Trail Boss?
    Nor does the Scraper come in a 26", yet

    Seriously, I had given up on 26" tires, even for fat biking I was going to move to 27.5 x 4" to match the 29+ tire height.

    The opportunity to mix and match wheels, 27.5 and 26+, is a huge opportunity for those who want one bike for two uses/seasons.

    I don't care what people say about agile big hooped bikes, the reality is that a smaller diameter wheel is lighter, has less mass, and is easier to throw around, ie think DH, trials, BMX, jump, pump.

    I'd like to see a bike like this with 3" tires:

    http://www.transitionbikes.com/2016/Bikes_Triple.cfm?Token={ts_2016-04-21_13:23:41}-6d188aab0201a571-44A2211B-9534-4FED-B7D2AFA822BB7A61

    I'm kinda wondering if this is the opening salvo for the return of DH bikes with 26 x 3" tires.

  95. #95
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by 06HokieMTB View Post
    Truth!

    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 2160
Size:  31.4 KB

    EDIT: Which is weird as the tread doesn't look like a Trail Boss?
    Not to put an end to all the fun but those are just renderings, we do not know if WTB will be producing 26x3.0 Trail Boss tires. The real photo shoot for the bikes is later this month. The bikes had Ranger 26x3.0 tires at Sea Otter

    -Jamis Bikes

  96. #96
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,067
    Quote Originally Posted by @Jamisbikes View Post
    Not to put an end to all the fun but those are just renderings, we do not know if WTB will be producing 26x3.0 Trail Boss tires. The real photo shoot for the bikes is later this month. The bikes had Ranger 26x3.0 tires at Sea Otter

    -Jamis Bikes
    Sort of a bummer, but the Ranger looks good too, I assume it has a similar casing to the Trail Boss.

    The 26" Scraper is real, yes?

  97. #97
    Rocks belong
    Reputation: 06HokieMTB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Ben View Post
    The 26" Scraper is real, yes?
    There are real, live pics of the 26" Scraper/Ranger combo from the articles from Sea Otter
    I like 'em long, low, slack and playful

  98. #98
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chrisx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    348
    Stan has a new flow 26 29mm internal.
    should work good with Weirwolf 2,8 in a 26

    Note to WTB:
    We are going to need some serious nobs on the edges of our 2.8 tires as we cross the Sierra de la Giganta in Baja. Those sand covered rocks are slippery and the hills are steep beyond the capability of my brakes.

  99. #99
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1
    Ok, it was time register and give my two cents...
    Live in Whister/Squamish area several friends last summer went 27+ with the front wheel on their Chromag 29ers. And theses guys seriously get after it. After some consideration And knowing their set up (wtb scraper) would not work on my 27.5 Norco range, I opted to do something something different and went 26+. I don't know anyone else who's done this, not locally anyway. And my local bike shop was curious to see the result (and unload one wheel of a set hanging on the rack that the customer didnt want with their new bike purchase)
    So I got a deal and I'm running a Surly rabbit ear rim with dirt wizard 2.75 tire front wheel and have no clearance issues on a 27.5 Pike. It's super fun, however I wish tire other manufacturers (maxis, schwalbe) would offer the same size tire as I'm stuck with the dirt wizard. It's not bad but its main downfall is the rubber which is too hard and slips out (ie: sketchy) and is unpredictable (in comparison to Magic Mary's) on wet roots and wet rock slabs, even with the increased footprint. This exact same tire but with a stickier and better quality rubber compound would be ideal...and apparently they have improved their sidewalls which I thought to be too flimsy on the 120tpi)
    Seeing this new wtb Ranger tire, it will likely be too tight and risk crown contact and wear being 3.0... I'd just have to buy one and see. At least this article gives me faith that more 26+ options will appear considering its an easy and fun upgrade to the market dominated 27.5 full travel bikes, even without boost...And allowing for a one bike quiver when I swap out wheels for longer cross country epics where speed is more important.

  100. #100
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ofroad'bent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,360
    Do you think your 2.75 dirt wizard on the wide rim would stuff in a 26" SID fork? Could you measure it please?



    Quote Originally Posted by Mohawk guy View Post
    Ok, it was time register and give my two cents...
    Live in Whister/Squamish area several friends last summer went 27+ with the front wheel on their Chromag 29ers. And theses guys seriously get after it. After some consideration And knowing their set up (wtb scraper) would not work on my 27.5 Norco range, I opted to do something something different and went 26+. I don't know anyone else who's done this, not locally anyway. And my local bike shop was curious to see the result (and unload one wheel of a set hanging on the rack that the customer didnt want with their new bike purchase)
    So I got a deal and I'm running a Surly rabbit ear rim with dirt wizard 2.75 tire front wheel and have no clearance issues on a 27.5 Pike. It's super fun, however I wish tire other manufacturers (maxis, schwalbe) would offer the same size tire as I'm stuck with the dirt wizard. It's not bad but its main downfall is the rubber which is too hard and slips out (ie: sketchy) and is unpredictable (in comparison to Magic Mary's) on wet roots and wet rock slabs, even with the increased footprint. This exact same tire but with a stickier and better quality rubber compound would be ideal...and apparently they have improved their sidewalls which I thought to be too flimsy on the 120tpi)
    Seeing this new wtb Ranger tire, it will likely be too tight and risk crown contact and wear being 3.0... I'd just have to buy one and see. At least this article gives me faith that more 26+ options will appear considering its an easy and fun upgrade to the market dominated 27.5 full travel bikes, even without boost...And allowing for a one bike quiver when I swap out wheels for longer cross country epics where speed is more important.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 29+ tire choices
    By green mt. boy in forum 26+/27.5+/29+ Plus Bikes
    Replies: 1373
    Last Post: 1 Week Ago, 07:49 AM
  2. SM 100 tire choices
    By 434Mtbiker in forum Endurance XC Racing
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-09-2015, 07:04 AM
  3. Need help with tire choices
    By adofr86 in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-02-2015, 01:05 AM
  4. 29+ tire choices
    By green mt. boy in forum Fat bikes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-20-2014, 07:37 AM
  5. Tire choices
    By Saucyjack in forum Endurance XC Racing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-19-2012, 09:39 AM

Members who have read this thread: 519

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •